Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, my build START date keeps getting pushed. They haven't even started on it. I'm not in the bad batch group. Every time my build date moves it's >2 weeks before my build date was supposed to start. I'm in this group:

Screenshot 2021-08-12 101641.jpg
I may be missing something… but my comment still stands. You’re getting a bronco. That’s awesome. You’re scheduled. You’re in a very small minority here. They rest of us basically just got news that we’re going to have to wait even longer for that.

Yours is scheduled *and* you’re going to get the updated hardtop with it.

Also, you say build “Start” date… do you mean blend date? What’s your Blend date? That’s when the parts start going together. The “build” date is when the last part is on it and it’s been cleared to be shipped. (unless I’m confusing some stuff here, which is not out of the question)

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Assuming you had to put additional money down at the time of order (in addition to the $100.00 res fee), has anyone who canceled their order encountered any resistance to getting their deposit back from the dealer?
Will be going through this today.

Not interested in paying full pop for a vehicle that sat outside through 3 seasons in Michigan.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
Thank you. Now, since it is cosmetic, send her out. I'm likely going to scratch it day 1 so I am not too concerned if functionality isn't compromised. Does it turn lime green after a few rains? Don't care. Does it honeycomb? Not worried. The edges fray some? I live in the Desert, what is humidity again? We have a few weeks of Monsoon and that's about it. I can figure out how to deal with winter, which is usually light.

Sponsored

NoDoors

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So prioritizing the delivered units. Those are most important. We are worried that those are leaking. What we are REALLY worried about is a bunch of pictures on social media of leaky roofs. That would really make for a bad Thanksgiving for the Ford family. So embarrasing.

What we are not worried about are leaking MIC roof problems on built broncos sitting on some gravel lot in Wayne, MI. Nobody can see those, or document those, so let them leak. Who cares.

Get ready for a brand new, moldy smelling bronco that has been leaking, sitting in the sun and rain for 4+ months and is housing a mouse condo.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
you done messed up now...

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuck all... Ford already HAD an new design in mind as MY22 Squatched 4 doors with V6's would be available with factory installed roof rails... Remember?
We better get more than 110Lbs dynamic rating too!
I really think the "new design" roof is NOT a thing and was NEVER a thing, this forum is the only place I've ever heard about this, the unavailability is by design, Ford's choice, I've never heard anything from an official source?
I also find the dynamic weight rating a bit puzzling considering Ford will provide you a 130lbs tent to put on top of it with warrantee!

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn, hard to believe how many whiny ass responses there are. Yeah, go ahead and bitch me out. They have close to 200k orders and have only been building them since June. We've been in a pandemic with parts and transport issues in every industry. Ford has discovered a major production/quality problem on a brand new platform and they are figuring it out the best they can. Yet some of you are acting like entitled children. Guess the proverbial glass is always half empty for you, not half full. I'm from a different generation and really surprised by all of the negative whining. Please, go buy a Jeep or something so you can be at peace with yourself and the rest of us will get our Broncos sooner. 😁 😁
Well said! Also, ew Jeeps. So many Wranglers on the road....🤮

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Does not effect the functionality of the molded in color tops, but cam cause unsatisfactory appearance when exposed to extreme water and humidity"

Yeah, like simply washing your vehicle. That line really bugs me. They are still underplaying the reality of the failed design/production process and making it sound like the bad tops are an exception instead of common.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
The cash flow benefits as well as good will to provide a soft top solution while they re-run the hardtops would appear to make sense. Why can Ford not successfully launch a new product?
...Did Ford have a problem with the Bronco Sport...The Mach-E...there are a lot of moving parts in the auto industry...as a former line worker...I know not everything goes as planned..especially up in a f'ed up year...

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of your Broncos have VINs and are being assembled/have been assembled... there's no sense, or ability, to change your order.... why would you want to? You're going to get exactly what you ordered.

According to the documents shared, your Broncos will remain at Ford until they have the newly designed tops to put on them. Once they get those tops, you'll get your Bronco.

Congrats!
Agree there's no ability to change the order and that we're in a better spot than many who have not yet received a VIN. But it's still it's own kind of purgatory in that all of us in this group (i.e. have VIN, scheduled/constantly rescheduled, not built) will most likely end up receiving a MY21 delivered in 2022, just given the timing of things with the top redesign and the groups that are ahead of us in the pecking order once the redesigned tops are available (i.e. these groups: already delivered, FE, and dirt mountain). So it's not exactly ideal, and I'm not sure that congratulations are in order.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford ignoring the MIC water leak issue worries me. I bet they will deny the warranty claim if I let the snow and ice sit on the MIC Top for a week and it leaks and damages the interior….I will go back to leasing a new BMW every two years where they treat me like a king and showers me with free stuff all the time… once I flip the bad batch Bronco.
Do you know if it's wide spread or 2? From what I saw in the thread, it's 2 cases. Why would Ford or any company make a public address for what's so far isolated cases? On top of that all he MIC tops are already slated for replacement.

The MIC looking like ass and delaminating is affecting pretty much every top. Water leaks, not so much yet.

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RIP. I don't think I'm even interested in my order anymore.
Sponsored