Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love that they are stating that it is an appearance issue and doesnā€™t affect functionality. GTFO with that nonsense. As the crappy exposed seems delaminate there will be water intrusion issues that will affect the functionality, strength, weight, etc.

Even in their Mea Culpa Ford sugar coats the issue.
I think what they're getting at is that it's ok enough to last until they can get a replacement to you, without saying that.

The thing that confuses me is with the 100k Ford points if I take a 2021 (ha) or 2022 (ha, ha) delivery. With a painted hardtop I'm not getting mine until 2023...so I miss out on those points through no fault of my own?
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either, and I'm disappointed in that - no free sound deadening headliner either.

Ok, this news is not that surprising based on everything going with the MIC tops. I have been a MOD top order since day 1, 99nd and pushed to MY23 (supposedly). Iā€™m a little nervous that there was no mention of the MOD top timetable.
Well, from what we've heard, the MOD top was given to a different supplier altogether, so this new theoretically shouldn't affect the revised MOD top timeline.

I am thinking about changing to a soft top. Do we know what the price of a new mic top once it becomes available? Will Ford price it over the cost of the current option at $695?
Absolutely - you'll be paying parts dept pricing. I'd estimate at least 3k.

I read ā€œcustomer satisfaction programā€ in this document a few times. Aside from delivering a hopefully quality top that should happen anyways, @Ford Motor Company what customer satisfaction efforts is Ford making for the increased MIC delays? Itā€™s no longer Spring delivery and the $1,000 of the $1,100 of Ford pass points seems to only apply to those with Mod tops who switched to MIC. @Ford Motor Company - The rest of us MIC reservation holders should get this $1,100 too for the continued delays.
I mean, try being stuck waiting for a '23 with the MOD top and you get no points or headliner or anything if you wait. Just waiting with no compensation aside from price protection.

So if I read that right I cant get my dual top order until 2023 model but I also wont get any Ford Pass points bonus because I have to take a 2021 or 2022 model? WTH!!!
Please explain that logic. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Yup, doesn't make any sense to me either.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think the current MSRP is? There isnā€™t one, and they wonā€™t hint because of the sticker shock $3k+ will bring.
I never wanted a soft top and then the potential of paying an obnoxious amount for the hard top later is why I didn't switch

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ultimately this sucks - especially for those who have models produced but waiting in purgatory - but also seems like the right thing to do.

Ford doesn't want bad tops out there for people to further complain about, nor do they want to run the risk of shipping those new tops if they don't have to.

The opposite approach would be like the Focus' PowerShift transmission - basically ignoring it and sticking their heads in the sand, so I appreciate this approach, even if it's painful for all parties involved.

Meanwhile, my wait for '23MY continues.... lol.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if already been asked. If I decide to wait and forced to get ā€˜22 year model will I lose the antimatter blue colour I picked. Read somewhere on this forum that this colour is disappearing?

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I couldn't read through all the pages on this one did ford say if westbo is still gonna be the vendor for the tops or did they get anew vendor completely?

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m sure there are also many people who have limped their current vehicles to the point of needing a vehicle now.
Iā€™m sure there are also many people who have limped their current vehicles to the point of needing a vehicle now.
Iā€™ve limped to the point where my mechanic told me truck my wasnā€™t safe to drive. Told my wife to buy a car and I would drive her old one until the bronco comes in.
So last night we went to a dealer and they were like oh we have no new cars havenā€™t you heard of the chip shortage. Then today I get this announcement, all while my mechanic is working on a truck I donā€™t want to drive any more never mind spend money repairing šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So no one mentioned if/when we can order a MOD top!?!? Iā€™d drop the MIC like a sack of potatoes if the MOD top became an option again for my FE.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've read the FAQs, read some headlines from Ford nation, 6g, etc but I'm seeing conflicting info.

It says (not talking FE) if you do not have a build date, you will be pushed to 2022. This means that everyone with a build date will still be getting their bronco in 2021?
Not everyone - just hard top guys. Us soft toppers may still get ours in 2021.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess the only bright side is I might get to change to a cool green color and maybe the roofracks will be available for the badlands hardtop. Though I demand a 3rd ten10 fedex package on top of the existing 2.
You're lucky you got the first two.. this has gone on so long I've moved house and the 12 month USPS mail forwarding expired lol

Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what weā€™re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
Hey what about my missing ford point? I'm short the 220k you said I'd get once I got my bronco, after I got off the phone with you guys today you said you would have to review if I will even get it or not. Also what about the shit paint job under the roof

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went on build and price itā€™s not even an option I had mod top then switch to mic on my FE who knows what they are doing now they might just give us a 6mil plastic sheet to drive around with.
not until 23 model

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no one mentioned if/when we can order a MOD top!?!? Iā€™d drop the MIC like a sack of potatoes if the MOD top became an option again for my FE.
2023 at the earliest for the Mod top, nothing has changed about that.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you think the current MSRP is? There isnā€™t one, and they wonā€™t hint because of the sticker shock $3k+ will bring.
Original MSRP (4-Door):

$695 - MIC Top
$495 - Sound Deadening Headliner
Sponsored