bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the email and what makes it worse for me is the line about "... we will continue to send you exclusive Bronco gear until you're behind the wheel."

What is this exclusive gear? And what are these fedex packages people are talking about?? I haven't received SH** :mad: [Day 1 reservation, 3/2 order, 6/28-9/13 scheduled build changes]

Guess the only bright side is I might get to change to a cool green color and maybe the roofracks will be available for the badlands hardtop. Though I demand a 3rd ten10 fedex package on top of the existing 2.
Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the land of "Glass Half Full"

I need to solve a "Mrs' Vehicle" problem. Solution is going to be, an Explorer. Which means....... I can get a 2DR now instead of a 4DR for me-self <w00t!>

Yea, sux but..... trying to get a glimmer of upside from this.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

well i got my email from Ford, while i am still a little upset the way this was handled, i now can appreciate what it is they are doing. this is by far the most responsible thing they could do and as a corporation i am sure it hurt them so much harder to have to do it. i just wish this wasnt leaked and was sent our individually to everyone prior to it getting leaked. i guess when i spend $50k on something in want that manufacturer to be proactive rather than reactive to something somebody shared as a leak. if this wasn't leaked would they have kept us in the dark even longer? was this always the plan? that is what i did not like. but in the end kudos to Ford for swallowing some pride in front of the entire automotive world and saying we need to step back and make this right if we want any chance to be able to continue to sell these to the offroad community. so yes its sad and yes i want it now but as long as they fix the squeaking and the the honey comb effect on the top, i guess i will continue to wait for another 8 months. good luck to all my Bronco brothers and sisters out ther who have gotten or are still waiting on the rides. hopefully we see some really cool sh*t from sema in the fall. it will give us all a little time to save up for our mods. (y)

tshafer61

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone may have answered this already, but has anyone tried to switch to a Soft top? I am happy to take a soft top with delivery soon, and then I can just buy my own hardtop later. Is that a possibility?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL SOLUTION? In other words....WHAT are they doing to change the MIC for the 2022 production and for those replacement tops at dirt mountain? Do we know?????

Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

So those of us that submitted an order for a ‘21 after March 19 get no guarantee of price lock? Ford was happy to take our $100 and dealers taking our deposits for 2021’s. If my dealer amends my price up when I get my ‘22 order in I’m out

Jabo77

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Ford for sucking the fun out of this launch!
I’m officially done, but that doesn’t matter to you as you and your dealers with mark up my car for more money (Capitalism at it’s finest)! I understand stuff happens, but your lack of communication, lack of empathy, and overall poor handling of this launch is one of the worse blunders I’ve ever seen. So long Ford (7 cars owned, but no more).
What to consider now?!? TRX, Gladiator, Cypertruck?!? Open to suggestions from the group!

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you a day 1 res? Gauging my chances since I switched earlier this year
Yes. Within the first hour. I was originally #9 on my dealer's list, but as I understand it, due to dropouts and equipment selection, I ended up being #3 by the time orders were finalized. I was the first one to take delivery at my dealership on 7/20 - it seems possibly one of the first few in GA. There were 3~5 that showed up on the truck that day (heard a different number from different people). One belonged to an owner - he had to make a reservation too.

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Ford for sucking the fun out of this launch!
I’m officially done, but that doesn’t matter to you as you and your dealers with mark up my car for more money (Capitalism at it’s finest)! I understand stuff happens, but your lack of communication, lack of empathy, and overall poor handling of this launch is one of the worse blunders I’ve ever seen. So long Ford (7 cars owned, but no more).
What to consider now?!? TRX, Gladiator, Cypertruck?!? Open to suggestions from the group!
Sorry to hear that, Felicia.

Sponsored

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone may have answered this already, but has anyone tried to switch to a Soft top? I am happy to take a soft top with delivery soon, and then I can just buy my own hardtop later. Is that a possibility?
This was covered very clearly. Read the message from Ford.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL SOLUTION? In other words....WHAT are they doing to change the MIC for the 2022 production and for those replacement tops at dirt mountain? Do we know?????
They have redesigned the production process. It does not sound like there should be a noticeable difference in appearance or operation. The tooling to make the tops has changed to improve the quality, consistency, and final appearance up to the standards that Ford and their customers expect.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question that I have not seen anybody ask, at least recently. Does anybody have any insight on what the constraints are on the 2.7 L or the Sasquatch package. I have a soft top on order, Badlands, pretty much the whole shebang for 4-wheeling. And I have an August reservation date, yet I don't have a VIN number, build date, nada. According to the information given yesterday I should be "unaffected" by the MIC hardtop issues. Yet I'm out here in the cold. I have no idea what's going on, and I didn't even get an email yesterday. Any informed thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
An August reservation date means you're behind over 100,000 other people in the line. Even if there are only 40% soft tops, that's still 40K people and they haven't made that many. Don't be that surprised if you're also 2022.