Sponsored

Why no ventilated seats, HUD, or other luxury items?

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The history of the Bronco is interesting because Ford never remained true to its initial intended purpose. The 1st generation was to compete with the Jeep CJ., Then that was forgotten in 1978. By 1995-95 the Bronco was full of creature comforts, very luxurious by 90's standard, I'm not sure the top was even removable by the 5th Gen.
While I could theoretically remove the top on my 5th Gen Eddie Bauer Edition, it was not for the faint of heart. But dayum, those captain chairs were comfy and the ride was nice.
Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This... The question is 'Why does the Bronco cost $60k but not have xyz when other vehicles that cost the same amount have these features?' The answer is because those other vehicles don't have near as capable suspension, 4x4 system, lockers, swaybar disconnect, gearing, 35in tires, etc which are all really expensive features. The Bronco would likely cost upwards of $80k or more to include everything that makes it a capable offroader AND all the features on another vehicle that costs $60k without the off-road chops.
Actually you can get almost all of that in a base squatch for $45k. The extra $15-20k in high end broncos is mostly profit for Ford.

And my Ram Power Wagon has similar off-road features and an amazing interior for about the same price as a high end Bronco.

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. You don’t have to pay $60k for a Bronco.

2. Get the F-150. That’s what all the guys who used to drive Lexus sedans drive now.

Sponsored

fr8ycat

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my 36 years of driving, my ventilated seats have always been..."Dear, can you crack your window". :LOL:

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After playing with the online builder since it came out and trying to decide if the next vehicle I buy in late 2022 will be a new F150 or Bronco, I have noticed a few things (that I am sure everyone else here has noticed): a very well optioned, 4 door Bronco gets really, really close to $60k, and for that much money in an F150, you can get an extremely luxurious F150. For just over $60k , you can get a short bed, 4 door F150 King Ranch that has ventilated seats, heated rear seats, rear AC vents, massage seats-just off the top of my head. I understand the Bronco is not the F150 and is geared towards being an off road beast, and that trucks and SUV's handle quite differently off roading, but it kind of makes me scratch my head why for almost $60k, the Bronco is missing a few things. I know ventilated seats need a blower/fan and having perforated seats with an open door, open roof vehicle would probably make them clogged, but for people who spend $60k on a Bronco, how many of them will actually tear around sand dunes with the doors and top off? Furthermore, plenty of F150s with the ventilated seats get used as legit work trucks and filthy-my dad's, for example, has muddy dogs, people, and Lord knows what else crawling all over the seats, and they still work fine/have held up. Same goes with the rear AC vents/ heated seats-I get that there is limited room to work with, but seems like they over looked a few things.

Could be nitpicking this to death as I am *extremely* excited to get my hands on one (hopefully) late next year, but was just something I noticed. Also, why doesn't Ford offer a HUD on the F150? Those are cool! I think even Chevy does on their trucks, and Ford imo has been kicking Chevy's butt the last few years. Anyways, any hopes/expectations that ventilated seats/HUDs/etc could get added relatively soon to the Bronco? Info has been trickling out for the 2022 model so maybe we will get pleasantly surprised? Driving on a hot day on the beach with ventilated seats on, no doors and no top seems pretty fun to me.
Aim one vent at Seat worked perfect ac is strong

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This... The question is 'Why does the Bronco cost $60k but not have xyz when other vehicles that cost the same amount have these features?' The answer is because those other vehicles don't have near as capable suspension, 4x4 system, lockers, swaybar disconnect, gearing, 35in tires, etc which are all really expensive features. The Bronco would likely cost upwards of $80k or more to include everything that makes it a capable offroader AND all the features on another vehicle that costs $60k without the off-road chops.
Yeah, pretty much this ☝

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No Ventilated Seats? You can always use what the professional drivers use for swamp ass.

17010e68-45d2-4795-9509-84e2292c440b.9bc92a25c2a494bfe50a6c66be11e9cc.jpeg

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the only thing I’ll miss from my Jeep Grand Cherokee is the ventilated seats. I am surprised how often I use this option.

That being said, I’m also not losing sleep over it. None of my other vehicles have had this feature. I would rather forgo this option vs. It getting gunked up with crap because the roof is off.

I had a HUD on my Audi; didn’t use it once. Found it to be distracting more than anything.
For many years, Jeep didn't do creature comforts. Then they realized that the market demanded them. My gripe (Ford is not alone concerning this issue) is the "oh if I want THIS then they won't let me get THAT". A lighter seat upholstery option for each flavor(Base through FE) would be great. If you want leather on a Base, that should doable. Frankly, the stabilizer bar disconnect should available as an option on any 'Squatched model. If they can do it on a 'Squatched Badlands and all of the FE's, there should be no design barrier.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For many years, Jeep didn't do creature comforts. Then they realized that the market demanded them. My gripe (Ford is not alone concerning this issue) is the "oh if I want THIS then they won't let me get THAT". A lighter seat upholstery option for each flavor(Base through FE) would be great. If you want leather on a Base, that should doable. Frankly, the stabilizer bar disconnect should available as an option on any 'Squatched model. If they can do it on a 'Squatched Badlands and all of the FE's, there should be no design barrier.
Lighter colored seats show more dirt, no thanks. Leather on a base, is that available from any non luxury brand? I think MGV or some level of vinyl should be standard on the base, like a work truck F-150/F-250.

viffer07

Black Diamond
First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy 2500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
remove the doors, side windows and top.....and get one of those seat ventilator cushions from Walmart...plenty of wind, or turn the AC on high.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also the f150 isn't offroad unless you get into raptor or sink a ton into it.
This is not true. I've gone tons of places off road in my XLT F150 4x4. They are capable, but wouldn't go rock climbing in a truck.
Sponsored