North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On another note I spoke with the Fox Shocks rep at the 4WP show as well. He danced around confirmation of Fox Live shocks on the Warthog but when I told him about the spy photos we have on the forum he gave up the dance.

Asking him their plans for for the rest of the Bronco's he said the would have the full line, 2", 2 1/2" and 3". He said one challenge they are having are the rear shock angle mounts, like on the Ford Ranger, he showed me an angle mount plate shock similar to this.

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences fox-factory-coil-over-reservoir-adjust

Here is the Bronco rear angle mount.

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences bronco_parts_13-

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Will be cool when we get a youtube comparo of Fox, vs Bilstein 6112, vs 4WP, vs Squatch in about a year or so.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On another note I spoke with the Fox Shocks rep at the 4WP show as well. He danced around confirmation of Fox Live shocks on the Warthog but when I told him about the spy photos we have on the forum he gave up the dance.

Asking him their plans for for the rest of the Bronco's he said the would have the full line, 2", 2 1/2" and 3". He said one challenge they are having are the rear shock angle mounts, like on the Ford Ranger, he showed me an angle mount plate shock similar to this.

Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences bronco_parts_13-

Here is the Bronco rear angle mount.

Did he give any indication as to how soon they expect to have them available? Sounds like 4WP may be available this summer, which may force my hand their way. I would like a Fox option, but I'm afraid I won't wait long for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did he give any indication as to how soon they expect to have them available? Sounds like 4WP may be available this summer, which may force my hand their way. I would like a Fox option, but I'm afraid I won't wait long for it.
The Fox rep was not specific but since he was talking about the design challenges they are working on I would guess they will have something announced by summer or fall.

Likewise, the Bilstein rep told me they will have their 6112's ready by fall or winter. These are the one's the Ford Performance rep told me would be ready by Q3.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the difference in height and travel on the BL (not including SBD) is derived from the bilstein shock/spring set up and not other changes, would you be able to put a set of the badlands shock assemblies on a Base/BB/BD/OBX and get the increased ride height and performance without modifying anything else in the suspension?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the difference in height and travel on the BL (not including SBD) is derived from the bilstein shock/spring set up and not other changes, would you be able to put a set of the badlands shock assemblies on a Base/BB/BD/OBX and get the increased ride height and performance without modifying anything else in the suspension?
Yes, that is a reasonable assumption, if you buy a set of takeoffs from someone else, the entire coilover unit, just bolt them one. You will however want to get an alignment done as the geometry will have changed.

Sponsored

kesmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what should i do if i want to upgrade my outer banks stock suspension?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

what should i do if i want to upgrade my outer banks stock suspension?
Set your goals, ride-quality? off-road? Lift? Tire size?

Then purchase someone's Bilstein take-off's from a Badlands, Wildtrak or Sasquatch. Or purchase aftermarket, some are on the market and more are coming.

kesmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Set your goals, ride-quality? off-road? Lift? Tire size?

Then purchase someone's Bilstein take-off's from a Badlands, Wildtrak or Sasquatch. Or purchase aftermarket, some are on the market and more are coming.
Who sells sas take off? Is there a good place for that?
Sponsored