First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW. Ford should have offered up their Lawyers on behalf of the customer. If there was a legal agreement and $$ changed hands... So basically Ford is condoning this behavior by choosing to do nothing.

Now we know that signed paperwork and a deposit isn't worth squat. Why would anyone give any dealer a deposit if they can legally pull this crap?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd like to know the full story. I'm involved in this thread on FB but there is a lot of missing info. It's just some photos of a reservation, and then a deposit agreement for a badlands, and part of a text message. There is no full story. Something doesn't add up here...
I thought the same until the convo with Levine.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought the same until the convo with Levine.
Who's Levine exactly? Someone at the dealrship, and what did this conversation state? He says (Tom) he is going to post the full story soon, since nobody knows the story yet

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that if you actually had a signed contract for sale price that the dealership refused to honor, you could sue them for breach of contract and recover $95k - MSRP.

I suspect the signed agreement didn't include a sales price term. Maybe it just quoted what MSRP was, but that doesn't mean the dealership is agreeing to sell at that price.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy hell. It would take a man stronger than I to keep from burning that place to the ground. Absolute fury would ensue!
Bruh. No clue what I would do. I would devote a significant amount of time and money (I have both being retired at 39) making sure that dealership didn't profit a penny off robbing me.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that if you actually had a signed contract for sale price that the dealership refused to honor, you could sue them for breach of contract and recover $95k - MSRP.
There is no contract until you are in the FI office signing the paperwork to take ownership. Up until then it's just deposits and what not which can be refunded if not delivered. The truck isn't yours until you are at the FI desk signing the bill of sale paperwork. Up until that point either party can always walk out.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Busting some windows out maybe, arson follows real prison time. Federal pound me in the ass prison.
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time! Plus, catch me if you can mfrs!

🥸

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

tHatS JusT cAPitaLIsM deAL WiTH It!
What a POS dealership. I'd love to hear the "other side of the story" on this one. The fact that Ford can't do anything about this goes to show how much the dealership lobby has the manufacturers by the b***s.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, absolute BS. Got me sweating it out on getting mine (I do have a signed agreement with dealer including pricing).
So did they.

This just makes me sick.

Sponsored

Flicko's

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So how do we avoid this? Hope we're dealing with an honest dealership? Only to find out otherwise once our Broncos show up? I've heard many say "get it writing, get a signed purchase order". Sounds like some, even with that, are still getting screwed.

All those pushed to MY22 will have to go back into their dealerships and place another order. Can anyone provide examples of exactly what we need to have the dealer write up/sign to protect the price? I received a print out of my order with a price list when I placed the order, but doesn't seem/feel like it's worth anything.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no contract until you are in the FI office signing the paperwork to take ownership. Up until then it's just deposits and what not which can be refunded if not delivered. The truck isn't yours until you are at the FI desk signing the bill of sale paperwork. Up until that point either party can always walk out.
It’s a contract. Especially since money changed hands for an agreed upon price - a non-refundable deposit no less. All the words are there for a promise by the dealership to deliver a particular product once it arrived. Report the dealer to the State including the State’s attorney general to charge them for fraud.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So how do we avoid this? Hope we're dealing with an honest dealership? Only to find out otherwise once our Broncos show up? I've heard many say "get it writing, get a signed purchase order". Sounds like some, even with that, are still getting screwed.

All those pushed to MY22 will have to go back into their dealerships and place another order. Can anyone provide examples of exactly what we need to have the dealer write up/sign to protect the price? I received a print out of my order with a price list when I placed the order, but doesn't seem/feel like it's worth anything.
Signed purchase agreement with the broncos VIN pretty air tight. Providing the PA doesn’t say it can be changed at any time.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Busting some windows out maybe, arson follows real prison time. Federal pound me in the ass prison.
But they have conjugal visits.
Sponsored