Sponsored

You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, it looks like my transfer didn't go through. I just got off the phone with FCS. Waited on hold for an hour and half (yes, with one auto-disconnect). The initial request couldn't be processed because the operator never submitted the new dealership's name. I specifically remember discussing it with her as we both mentioned the physical street address as being unique, but common (i.e. 123 Main St.). So by waiting the 3 days as the first operator indicated it would take, the process will now start fresh and the window of review is now 7-10 days which will place me outside the first window of scheduling.

Bit of advice for those that are waiting on the review - Don't. Call back to make sure everything is correct so if the transfer is granted, then it will be done seamlessly. Otherwise, you'll end up like me being punted to the back of the review line.

Tomorrow (or this afternoon), I'm going to contact the new dealer to see about putting in a new order of the exact build for my transfer build. I'll see which one gets scheduled first and the new dealer will have an abandoned order to sell of the later delivery. This is not how Ford wants this to go where people have duplicate orders flooding the order bank. But they leave no recourse. By the way, it won't cost me a dime as the new dealer is only asking for deposit when the order is previewing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, it looks like my transfer didn't go through. I just got off the phone with FCS. Waited on hold for an hour and half (yes, with one auto-disconnect). The initial request couldn't be processed because the operator never submitted the new dealership's name. I specifically remember discussing it with her as we both mentioned the physical street address as being unique, but common (i.e. 123 Main St.). So by waiting the 3 days as the first operator indicated it would take, the process will now start fresh and the window of review is now 7-10 days which will place me outside the first window of scheduling.

Bit of advice for those that are waiting on the review - Don't. Call back to make sure everything is correct so if the transfer is granted, then it will be done seamlessly. Otherwise, you'll end up like me being punted to the back of the review line.

Tomorrow (or this afternoon), I'm going to contact the new dealer to see about putting in a new order of the exact build for my transfer build. I'll see which one gets scheduled first and the new dealer will have an abandoned order to sell of the later delivery. This is not how Ford wants this to go where people have duplicate orders flooding the order bank. But they leave no recourse. By the way, it won't cost me a dime as the new dealer is only asking for deposit when the order is previewing.
I’m more pessimistic by the day. I don’t think we will see these move. I am 5 days out and no email/text/phone call…

I’m not out yet, but I did place a second order. If my second order goes through before my first I’m going to lose my marbles. (No I won’t I’ll be too busy cutting up the suspension of my bronco.)

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the transfer wasn't denied, just not done correctly, so there's still hope lol. I made my phone call on Tuesday afternoon.......counting down the days now lol.

PBar

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex & several convertibles before kids
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called today as well for follow up from my request to transfer from last Friday. They did not have my new dealer info in last Friday's case either - although I specifically provided it.

I spent some time with the nice lady to go through each of my 3 cases (today, last Friday, and last Thursday) to make sure each had this info.

I also asked her to add in why I wanted to transfer (order converted without my permission, concerns about dealer ADM, etc.) into the cases.

I have not heard on this forum that anyone has received this call from Ford to discuss our requests. My gut is that Ford will review and decide based on the info in the system., but don't know for sure.

I am going to keep trying.

Good luck all!

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called today as well for follow up from my request to transfer from last Friday. They did not have my new dealer info in last Friday's case either - although I specifically provided it.

I spent some time with the nice lady to go through each of my 3 cases (today, last Friday, and last Thursday) to make sure each had this info.

I also asked her to add in why I wanted to transfer (order converted without my permission, concerns about dealer ADM, etc.) into the cases.

I have not heard on this forum that anyone has received this call from Ford to discuss our requests. My gut is that Ford will review and decide based on the info in the system., but don't know for sure.

I am going to keep trying.

Good luck all!
They have all been super kind, I have to give Ford that. Tremendously kind and as helpful as they possibly can be given the circumstances.

Good call on giving them the reason. Especially if they are doing it based on situation and it’s reviewed, it’s best to be clear as to why you’re asking to move as it may have sway or help your case. For me, living across the country definitely plays a factor.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll update my saga as well, been 8 days since my transfer request. Called in today ~1hr wait. They had all the information they needed, nothing missing. As usual they are "90%" sure that they will allow some transfers. The possible transfer process is now being handled by a 3rd party Ford team looking into it, original 3-5 business day estimate pushed to 7-10 (aka 14 days), still rough estimate.

As far as my agent is aware, there has not been a single converted order transfer that has gone through as of today (since they stopped last march).

Other Misc info, they have had >2000+ dealer transfer requests. Interestingly, I wonder if all of these go through the lucky ones may be the ones who don't transfer.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll update my saga as well, been 8 days since my transfer request. Called in today ~1hr wait. They had all the information they needed, nothing missing. As usual they are "90%" sure that they will allow some transfers. The possible transfer process is now being handled by a 3rd party Ford team looking into it, original 3-5 business day estimate pushed to 7-10 (aka 14 days), still rough estimate.

As far as my agent is aware, there has not been a single converted order transfer that has gone through as of today (since they stopped last march).

Other Misc info, they have had >2000+ dealer transfer requests. Interestingly, I wonder if all of these go through the lucky ones may be the ones who don't transfer.
So if you put your request through last Friday (which I believe was the first day that was possible), the 14 days wait period puts you at the 29th of October, which is AFTER the cut-off for submitting an order for first round of MY22 scheduling by my understanding. Right?

I assume converting your order to MY22 with existing dealer completely negates any hope of getting the transfer.

What is the consequence of missing the October 28th cut-off?

CHIGATRON

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat Sport, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if you put your request through last Friday (which I believe was the first day that was possible), the 14 days wait period puts you at the 29th of October, which is AFTER the cut-off for submitting an order for first round of MY22 scheduling by my understanding. Right?

I assume converting your order to MY22 with existing dealer completely negates any hope of getting the transfer.

That cut-off date is only for the first allocation period of MY22.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That cut-off date is only for the first allocation period of MY22.
Do we know what the first allocation period is? Is that Q1 (3 months)?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure I understand the relevance of what you're asking. If you're a Day1/2 res holder and ripe to get picked for the first week of 2022 allocation why on earth would you bother transferring? I mean if it's all about avoiding ADM at current dealership just wait a week or 2-3. My res is 2nd week of july '20, I'm just hoping to get it before MY23.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure I understand the relevance of what you're asking. If you're a Day1/2 res holder and ripe to get picked for the first week of 2022 allocation why on earth would you bother transferring? I mean if it's all about avoiding ADM at current dealership just wait a week or 2-3. My res is 2nd week of july '20, I'm just hoping to get it before MY23.
Everyone has different reasons and we’re not here to pick them apart. We all have a goal and that’s to get a bronco in a reasonable time frame/under our terms. Let’s not nitpick. Common goal here…

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He may be like me, very early reservation, order is with a small dealer who supposedly had zero broncos built last year. Which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula........they had limited other vehicles for sale last year which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula.....and I don't recall ever seeing more than one or two Sports pop up on their website over the summer which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula.......and supposedly none of their FE orders got build either which puts several orders ahead of me already a dealer that will hardly get any Bronco allocation next year unless things change. I'm not willing to sit by and watch my early 7/13 reservation turn into a 2023 or later delivery..........

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

He may be like me, very early reservation, order is with a small dealer who supposedly had zero broncos built last year. Which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula........they had limited other vehicles for sale last year which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula.....and I don't recall ever seeing more than one or two Sports pop up on their website over the summer which doesn't bode well for the allocation formula.......and supposedly none of their FE orders got build either which puts several orders ahead of me already a dealer that will hardly get any Bronco allocation next year unless things change. I'm not willing to sit by and watch my early 7/13 reservation turn into a 2023 or later delivery..........

Of course, im just saying what's a few more days at this point versus waiting over another year? I was wondering why its a big deal to miss the first my22 build week by transferring (was that not the issue? Unless I misunderstood that. I'll be happy if they let us transfer at all.

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly. Or a Granger situation where week one might not get a bronco this year. It’s weird out there.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know what the first allocation period is? Is that Q1 (3 months)?
Of course, im just saying what's a few more days at this point versus waiting over another year? I was wondering why its a big deal to miss the first my22 build week by transferring (was that not the issue? Unless I misunderstood that. I'll be happy if they let us transfer at all.
Well, I don't know how big of a deal it is to miss the October 28 cut-off (thus the second question I followed up with (quoted above)). If the consequence of missing the October 28 cut-off is simply missing an opportunity for the first build week, that's no big deal. But if missing the October 28 cut-off means missing an entire quarter worth of potential build weeks, that's a bigger deal. I thought that the similar cut-off date for MY21 orders (March 19th) was for the first three months of production scheduling.

And I'm not in the same exact boat as you guys. I'm not an early reservation, I'm November 2020. I'm with a local in-town dealer now who doesn't return calls or emails and can't seem to provide me with any helpful information regarding current number of orders, orders fulfilled in 2021, how I stack up relative to other orders re: reservation timing, etc. So I have no idea when I'd be expected to get that Bronco from existing dealer.

Meanwhile I have a dealership 30 minutes away who is a top 5 largest Ford dealer in the country (and therefore favored in the allocation formula) who has dedicated, responsive, and knowledgeable people to manage the Bronco business and feels comfortable estimating I'd likely be pulled in spring and looking at an early summer delivery.

I'm just trying to understand what kind of tradeoff I'm accepting if I wait to convert until after the 28th cutoff in hopes of getting a successful transfer. Given the total uncertainty of build date with my current dealer, I'm not sure I want to give up the possibility of a build in the first three months of 2022 (if that's the implication of missing the Oct 28 cutoff) for a low probability shot at a transfer.
Sponsored

Last edited: