First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to #broox and his thread. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ined-cargo-platform.78538/page-3#post-2069570 for dimensions and guidance. I wouldn‘t have been able to do any of it without his help and many other people that have done the same. I took the time to make my version of what he did. I was playing with the idea of trying a material that wasn’t what Goose Gear uses or some type of plywood for moisture protection. I found HDPE Plastic sheets that come in 4 x 8 sheets in many different thicknesses. I used 1/2 inch but others have used 3/4 inch. Working with this plastic was just like working with wood. Very easy to control cuts and drill. Now the top is made of Sea Dek, another reason I went with plastic. I have a dog and this space will be mostly for her and my gear that I go with. It’s a closed foam and slip resistant for the dog. It’s an awesome product and is mostly used for boats but thought why not!

Anyway enjoy the pictures hopefully it will make someone want to do the same!

If someone knows how to tag Broox to show him how much I appreciate his stuff that would be great thanks.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0524
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0526
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0528
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0529
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0530
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0812
Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Seat Delete Custom Bed IMG_0813
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Prest33 It appears that your front supports are vertical. @broox mentioned that if the floor panel was not long enough then they would be at an angle. What are the dimensions of the HDPE sheet on the floor?
Thanks…

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks awesome! I was thinking about doing something similar for my cargo area using black marine board HDPE. Have you ever worked with this kind of material and installed threaded inserts? I'd like to be able to add some mounting positions for bolts to secure a fridge slide and I'm not completely sure what the best route to go for that would be. I'm thinking something like these would work, but I just don't have experience working with HDPE.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Prest33 looks amazing! I'm always impressed at the level of the projects members of this forum take on that seem so natural! I can put together and install small stuff but no way I would take on this.

OP
OP
Prest33

Prest33

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Prest33 It appears that your front supports are vertical. @broox mentioned that if the floor panel was not long enough then they would be at an angle. What are the dimensions of the HDPE sheet on the floor?
Thanks…
The HDPE sheet is 4’ by 8’ but the actual measurement of the board was about a half an inch longer on both length and width. The vertical supports are a tight fit and I can see if I made it out of a thicker board it wouldn’t be possible but maybe working with a thinner material made it perfect to line up vertically. I‘ll get back to you on dimensions I know that are 18’’ long but cant remember the height. Ill let you know though.

OP
OP
Prest33

Prest33

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks awesome! I was thinking about doing something similar for my cargo area using black marine board HDPE. Have you ever worked with this kind of material and installed threaded inserts? I'd like to be able to add some mounting positions for bolts to secure a fridge slide and I'm not completely sure what the best route to go for that would be. I'm thinking something like these would work, but I just don't have experience working with HDPE.
It’s just like working with wood! No I have never played around with this type of material before but it was very simple! I was going to go with black but didn‘t have the patience to wait for it haha. I think the threaded inserts would work just fine! I haven’t used threaded inserts and didn’t with this project. I’ll take a picture but I used a piece of wood to secure the two vertical braces instead of inserts. I felt more comfortable having the wood behind the vertical braces to secure everything.

Last edited:

CustomPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That turned out awesome! Where did you get the sea deck cut into the bronco logo? Any details on how you built, or did you pretty much follow the build you posted the link of? How is the sea deck in terms of holding dog fur? I'd be concerned it would be a pain to clean, but maybe it's not that bad.

OP
OP
Prest33

Prest33

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That turned out awesome! Where did you get the sea deck cut into the bronco logo? Any details on how you built, or did you pretty much follow the build you posted the link of? How is the sea deck in terms of holding dog fur? I'd be concerned it would be a pain to clean, but maybe it's not that bad.
I just followed basically what the I posted in the link! The one thing I did do was grind off the studs that the seats were attached to that are on the floor half way off. So they dont stick up so high. I left enough on as guide into the deck floor. But basically just followed what broox had suggested.

The sea dek was done buy a sea dek certified installer. Once I cut all my pieces I gave it to him and he scanned the entire floor. I told him what colors how I wanted it and just asked for the bronco logo to be in the middle and he went to town on it. Super super simple! I got it done in Orange Beach, Alabama he was my local dealer. Castaway customs I believe is the company.

Sponsored

CustomPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, it turned out great. Really nice job on it. I'd be hesitant to grind off the seat studs. I assume they will no longer work for holding the seats in place? Or is there enough left of them to still get the nut on there and hold the seat down? Looks like the cardboard that was on the plastic sheet was perfect for making the template. That's reason enough to consider using the plastic sheet!

What did your seadeck guy charge you for that? Just curious so I can shop prices in Houston and see if they are comparable to your guy.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to #broox and his thread. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ined-cargo-platform.78538/page-3#post-2069570 for dimensions and guidance. I wouldn‘t have been able to do any of it without his help and many other people that have done the same. I took the time to make my version of what he did. I was playing with the idea of trying a material that wasn’t what Goose Gear uses or some type of plywood for moisture protection. I found HDPE Plastic sheets that come in 4 x 8 sheets in many different thicknesses. I used 1/2 inch but others have used 3/4 inch. Working with this plastic was just like working with wood. Very easy to control cuts and drill. Now the top is made of Sea Dek, another reason I went with plastic. I have a dog and this space will be mostly for her and my gear that I go with. It’s a closed foam and slip resistant for the dog. It’s an awesome product and is mostly used for boats but thought why not!

Anyway enjoy the pictures hopefully it will make someone want to do the same!

If someone knows how to tag Broox to show him how much I appreciate his stuff that would be great thanks.

That’s cool. How much are the sheets of plastic and where do you get them? How did you do the design? Looks great

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great