First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m asking seriously, is there any point in waiting any more? I’m 436 days into waiting with as many constraints removed as I possibly can. It’s clear to me that I’ve picked the wrong dealer and I’m never going make it to the front of the queue this year and it’s going to cost me more next year. I am so disappointed.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m asking seriously, is there any point in waiting any more? I’m 436 days into waiting with as many constraints removed as I possibly can. It’s clear to me that I’ve picked the wrong dealer and I’m never going make it to the front of the queue this year and it’s going to cost me more next year. I am so disappointed.
Lol. Only 436 days? Short timer!

There are day 1 and 2 res holders that got nothing either.

Most of us are bummed, disappointed, etc. Your choices are to give up and get something else or keep waiting. Ford obviously does not care which you do.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is the MY 2023 order book opens August 15th for the Bronco.
And that the build-out date is November 11th.
When do we think the last MY 2022 Bronco "scheduling week" will happen? In July sometime?
I'm pretty sure we are currently scheduled out to the end of July. I did see some people got pushed to an Aug 3rd build week though. With 3+ months of build weeks left to schedule, I'm thinking we'll know if we're getting a MY22 or have to reorder a MY23 by the time MY23 ordering opens up.

How did this work last year for people having to reorder a MY22? Did everyone know if they had a MY21 build week at the time MY22 ordering opened?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMHO it will be June's (eventual) scheduling that finishes off MY22 Bronco production.

At some point they are going to have to resolve Sunshine Mountain Broncos and it isn't going to be by sending 3 Rockstars out to the lot with a spanner and the promise of OT pay. They are going to have to pull rigs off the mountain and into the factory to complete their builds in order to comply with NHTSA MY22 regs.

Because if they dont' get them finished, my guess is that with economies of scale, it will be cheaper to scrap them entirely than make the changes for whatever new regs happen for MY23.

Meanwhile, while waiting to see if this theory comes out as true or false:

ps9j6n.gif

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMHO it will be June's (eventual) scheduling that finishes off MY22 Bronco production.

At some point they are going to have to resolve Sunshine Mountain Broncos and it isn't going to be by sending 3 Rockstars out to the lot with a spanner and the promise of OT pay. They are going to have to pull rigs off the mountain and into the factory to complete their builds in order to comply with NHTSA MY22 regs.

Because if they dont' get them finished, my guess is that with economies of scale, it will be cheaper to scrap them entirely than make the changes for whatever new regs happen for MY23.

Meanwhile, while waiting to see if this theory comes out as true or false:

ps9j6n.gif
From built vs sold numbers this year it's what a couple thousand sitting out there?

Reasonably with all these push outs from other's with VINs August is scheduled, so that only leaves Sept and Oct realistically (one week in Nov for final stuff)

I think you're right Rick

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
From built vs sold numbers this year it's what a couple thousand sitting out there?

Reasonably with all these push outs from other's with VINs August is scheduled, so that only leaves Sept and Oct realistically (one week in Nov for final stuff)

I think you're right Rick
The maths almost make sense, sadly.

May's VIN's had July build dates but those will get pushed to August.

June VIN's will likely get the September build dates and pushed to October, sprinkle in those thousands on Sunshine Mountain (Summer is coming!) along with non-standard assembly inefficiencies, and before you know it it's factory shut-down to roll over for MY23.

If the past few years indicate the future, it will be mid-July when the vague references to "news" for MY23 starts leaking out of the rear drain hole of the Mothership and in early August the formal proclamation of either price protection or no price protection for early reservation holders pushed to MY23 will be made.

Yes, we have this, but there are some interpretations that could be made.... And I'll want formal MY23 price clarification before I believe the documents issued in MY21 as factual 2 YEARS after written. A lot has changed, if inflation is an indicator.

Ford Bronco ⏱ No Bronco Scheduling Next Week (6/13) MY22 price protection into MY23

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got 260 days on you, started the model year (November '21) 39th in que. I'm now #9 (not including the 5 raptor orders in front of me). Still not scheduled. No one knows when you'll win the bronco bingo lottery

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How did this work last year for people having to reorder a MY22? Did everyone know if they had a MY21 build week at the time MY22 ordering opened?
Technically yes, but even then there were some that didnt make it. The last schedule allotment run which happened right before thanksgiving was the last balance out for MY21, then MY22 Job 1 start a week later than it was suppose to right before Christmas. Ford opened up ordering MY22s around Jan 20th where you could do a reorder, it wasn't automatic.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been an enlightening conversation. Thanks to all of you.

If price protection disappears in MY 2023 (for reservation and order placed prior to March 19, 2021) that will be a bitter pill to swallow . . .