Sponsored

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because standard Badlands only has 33" tires instead of 35". I was speculating on the most economical way to get the Sasquatch package for 2024MY, and since the Sasquatch package includes 35" tires you have to add that onto the cost of non-Sasquatch Badlands.

For the manual transmission, it has always made the most sense (in my opinion) just to get Badlands non-Sasquatch. But if you wanted a 2-Door, the Base trim was a decent option.

Now that the Base is gone and the Badlands trim gets improved steering components... in my opinion... the Sasquatch package is effectively dead for the manual transmission. There really is no reason to buy it. The only real exception to that rule is if you really wanted the Heritage look. But if you don't care about Heritage, the only option if you looking to maximize the value for your dollar is to buy a Badlands non-Sasquatch.
Ah, gotcha. The Badlands manual has been my preference, I think the 33" tires are the perfect compromise. I think if you wanted 35" on BL nonsquatch you'd have to lift as well, right?
Sponsored

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You do not.

There is less than a half of an inch difference between Sasquatch Bronco and Badlands non-Sasquatch. And you can fit 35s on a nonsquatch Badlands.

So unless the suspension changes for 2024, should be good. Now it may be a good idea to add a minor 1" lift just for some added clearance and a better stance, but it isn't required.
Interesting, I assumed there was a reason for the different suspension between BL and BLSquatch. I also didn't realize the wheels were able to use the 35s. Good to know!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
You see what those clowns are doing? Charging $68k for a Rubicon that's similarly equipped to a $64k Badlands Sasquatch but still has 40 less HP.
Can you go right now and buy a $64k Badlands Sasquatch?
Also, the 2024 Rubicon 4xe starts at $62k, qualifies for a $7,500 tax credit and annihilates the Bronco in a drag race...
I own a Bronco now but I'm not blind to facts...

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I assumed there was a reason for the different suspension between BL and BLSquatch. I also didn't realize the wheels were able to use the 35s. Good to know!
I believe the SAS wheels are 0.5 wider with a smaller offset

Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personal opinion here, but I think the way the 12" screen is incorporated into the dash, looks bad. The 8" doesn't look like it was just planted in its spot, like an after thought. That being said, the 8" has those goofy accents that aren't super appealing either. Both could have done better.

I'll enjoy my base model 7MT. Might be the last of this breed. It's got all the amenities someone should need in all the right places. If I want to upgrade something, I'll buy the takeoffs from a higher end model for cheap, and make this amazing value car, all mine.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once my factory BFG KO2s wear out, I will probably do 35s. But we'll see.

You can't use the "normal" 35 sizes (315/70R17 or 35x12.50R17), but you can use the narrower sizes such as 35x11.50R17 on the stock wheels.

I suspect most people are not buying an off-road vehicle to drag race.

Also Rubicon 4xe comes with 33s... not 35s, so you have to compare it to the non-Sasquatch Badlands, which currently starts $51,000. Account for 2024MY price increases and you're looking at $53,000-ish.

$53,000 is still cheaper than Wrangle 4xe with the tax credits.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think the Wrangler 4xe is a really cool vehicle. But I don't think it was fair to compare a Sasquatch-equipped Badlands against a Wrangler 4xe.
I agree, I wasn't who created this hypothetical comparison, I just responded on it.
Power is useful in drag racing as well as off-roading, especially intant torque electric power.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You guys that are obsessing over the screens and only having 8" instead of 12" just need to relax and be cool.

From my personal experience, I've been told plenty of times that Size doesn't matter as long as you know what to do with it.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys that are obsessing over the screens and only having 8" instead of 12" just need to relax and be cool.

From my personal experience, I've been told plenty of times that Size doesn't matter as long as you know what to do with it.
In before @Rick Astley talks about length, girth, and meat.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I ordered my Bronco in ‘20 I was very meh on the ACC. Now that I’ve gone through 1 and own 2 vehicles with it…yeah it’s a game changer.
Yip. The ACC is really really nice. Never thought I would say that.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yip. The ACC is really really nice. Never thought I would say that.
I like it more now than I would have thought. Especially when others have it. Allows me to sneak in from the right lane! I couldn’t figure out why people were slowing down as traffic bunched up and never were touching the brakes. Then it dawned on me. Now it makes the perfect way to move up in traffic now! :cool:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As for Ford dropping the Base.

There's a rumor that when Ford unveils the Bronco7G there's going to be a Base Heritage Edition to help relive glory days of the 2021 Debut.

The Everglades will be replaced with the limited Dirt Mountain Edition that will feature a special paint treatment called "Dusty Opaque"

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As for Ford dropping the Base.

There's a rumor that when Ford unveils the Bronco7G there's going to be a Base Heritage Edition to help relive glory days of 2021 Debut.

The Everglades will be replaced with the limited Dirt Mountain Edition that will feature a special paint treatment called "Dusty Opaque"
What about hail damaged Heritage Edition Edition?

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would've loved 12" screen on my base, but I would rather have my 2dr base then a big bend! Makes mine more rare.
Sponsored