Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are people saying "Base was the lowest"? Just because @Administrator wrote it last? His numbers show TWO trim levels with lower take rates than Base.😘😘
You can’t really say 2 trim levels. One of them is the FE
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless you expect to tear up your bronco playing in the rocks... or completely customizing it for an intended use... why would you NOT get the LUX? In reality, it’s not an exorbitant amount added to something you intend to drive everyday. I’m pretty sure most of the buyers don’t intend to rock crawl or sink it to the doors in mud. And, without the folks getting the 4 doors and upgrades that Ford can actually make money on, they wouldn’t even be reviving the bronco in the first place... the ridicule never ends
Why am I not getting Lux? Because I am not getting, nor plan to get, one of the trim levels that offer it.😁

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I may be an outlier, but that's been my life. I wanted one cheap. My last vehicle I bought bare bones, no options other than the V8, towing package, and limited slip differential. It came with roll up windows, manual door locks, cloth seats, and basic radio and CD. This was a brand new Ford F-150, ordered 20 years ago next year. I still drive it. Nothing has broken - there is nothing TO break! (read to understand my philosophy on longevity). It has 240,000 miles, is 2WD, and has been down hundreds of rough mining roads in AZ, through the Gila river to camp, towed a 3 mule trailer, raised 3 kids, camped in Mexico before it was called Overlanding. It has JUST what I needed, barely, and NO more.

Now on to a Bronco. I ordered the Big Bend, with JUST the towing package, a modular hard top, limited slip differential. Again, it's all I NEED. Manual transmission, small engine. The Standard option package has WAY more nice-to-haves than my old 150. Electric windows and locks, good radio, backup camera, cruise control. I have no need for a bigger screen, heated wheel, leather seats, cameras all over the truck like the Mars Perseverance rover. You guys are forgetting - this is an offroad utility vehicle. I know what the old broncos were like, my buddy had one in High School. They weren't what all the high end options today are, and it shouldn't cost over $39,000. The options are where a car company makes it's money. The bones are what I'm buying.

See yall in another 20 years, mine will still be running and all it's options (all 3) will still work.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be an outlier, but that's been my life. I wanted one cheap. My last vehicle I bought bare bones, no options other than the V8, towing package, and limited slip differential. It came with roll up windows, manual door locks, cloth seats, and basic radio and CD. This was a brand new Ford F-150, ordered 20 years ago next year. I still drive it. Nothing has broken - there is nothing TO break! (read to understand my philosophy on longevity). It has 240,000 miles, is 2WD, and has been down hundreds of rough mining roads in AZ, through the Gila river to camp, towed a 3 mule trailer, raised 3 kids, camped in Mexico before it was called Overlanding. It has JUST what I needed, barely, and NO more.

Now on to a Bronco. I ordered the Big Bend, with JUST the towing package, a modular hard top, limited slip differential. Again, it's all I NEED. Manual transmission, small engine. The Standard option package has WAY more nice-to-haves than my old 150. Electric windows and locks, good radio, backup camera, cruise control. I have no need for a bigger screen, heated wheel, leather seats, cameras all over the truck like the Mars Perseverance rover. You guys are forgetting - this is an offroad utility vehicle. I know what the old broncos were like, my buddy had one in High School. They weren't what all the high end options today are, and it shouldn't cost over $39,000. The options are where a car company makes it's money. The bones are what I'm buying.

See yall in another 20 years, mine will still be running and all it's options (all 3) will still work.
I wish I had your discipline.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish I had your discipline.
I admire folks like that too. I can't do it. Too spoiled by things and not one to settle for less. But if I were like these folks I'd be saving a lot of money!
Posting your car on Instagram feels a little needy. Hopefully they get the affirmation that hey are looking for.

For some people, their car is an extension of who they are. So they feel proud to show it off. I mean what else is instagram for right, other than showing the things you love

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed. Interesting that the manual number doesn’t match 2.3 number. Plenty of 2.3 automatics.
10.6% take rate on auto 2.3s and 16.2% take rate on manual 2.3s, with the other 73.2% on the more desirable engine which doesn't even come with a manual option. Don't let anyone tell you the manual take rate is low.

BroncoBEAST!

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why is OBX so unpopular? is there something I should know?
I kinda thought it was the most bang for your buck.
I believe it is because this site is mostly enthusiasts and the OBX does not come with either locking diffs or bigger tires. And if you add SAS you are at $50k min. So you mine as well get the BL or Wildtrack at that point.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going for to get radio and heated wheel...my 12 F-150 wheel is ice cold I'm winter.
I froze my hands on my 2011 F-150 steering wheel going to work at 5am and I live in San Diego LOL, p.s. bought gloves finally 😉