Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm constantly surprised at how high some of these values are. Interesting to see michigan and Colorado and north Carolina on the top 10 states as they aren't in the corresponding position US population
Have you been to Colorado? Lots of opportunity or pure need for these trucks.
Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$57,155 MSRP
Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions AA93101A-7C1C-4F0A-A077-D6640B6C2467

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with this BUT the sad truth is that most people in the states just don't know how to drive manual transmission. Even if 2.7 was manual I have a big feeling the majority of orders would have been still for 2.7 Automatic.
Pretty much. Another thing is densely populated cities, like here in Los Angeles, make driving a stick a deal breaker. There are simply too many cars on the freeways here that make a stick a colossal inconvenience to drive. Even with an auto, the stop and go traffic gives me a ton of knee fatigue. I can't imagine doing that with a stick.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you been to Colorado? Lots of opportunity or pure need for these trucks.
Yep didn't think of it much outside of my rough idea of population size of each state. Just found the anomaly in the data without thinking of cause. What would be a very interesting metric is if any of these states is markedly higher than Wrangler sales. Michigan maybe idk

I used to live in VT, I bet colorado is probably number 1 (or at least damn close) in subie sales. VT despite being in the last couple states in population wise is probably number 2.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d love to know how many steel wheel buddies I’ll have!

EAAB4248-B00B-48E8-8945-BB83D8A60860.png

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a true off roader. If it going to truly be wheeled (that definition varies on the person and where you live, this is my opinion) that vehicle will be worthless, except by maybe another wheeler, a couple years after purchase so you don’t want to be paying for something that you will be driving hard in the woods. My Jeep cost $32k and I’ve probably sunk another $18-$20k into it in the last 5 years. It’s beat up enough that I couldn’t sell it to anyone but another wheeler (not that I would ever sell it). If you are getting something with lux you are probably already starting at $50k so it’s going to be tougher to ride that investment hard. I’m just a middle class mechanic but there will be some wealthier guys that will do it I’m sure. I had to decide between a $31k base or $52k Badlands, I decided on the Badlands with lux because this vehicle won’t meet the same fate as the jeep. I hope...
yeah that’s good. If it’s strictly an off-road vehicle and not really anything else, then no package Badlands or BaseSquatch or something along those lines make more sense financially.

Wanting a nicer stereo or heated steering wheel or whatever doesn’t automatically lump one into Mall crawler territory as many on here suggest. These aren’t fancy, luxurious features despite the packaging name (in terms of modern vehicles). Heated and cooled cup holders and hand gestures for controlling AC and infotainment. Those are some luxury features. Charging pad, garage door opener and nicer sound system are just run of the mill options (while some should be available in lower packages). Anyways this horse is beaten to death. I was just having some fun with the Lux = Mall Crawler crowd.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
OBX is in 4th place and not far behind 3rd. Given this site represents about 5% of buyers, popularity may be way different in the real world.
I would say that a 2K sample size in a population of 200K reservation holders, It's a pretty good one. That will give you a 99% of confidence with +-3 of confidence interval.

This means, that these statics should be pretty closed to the real world.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much. Another thing is densely populated cities, like here in Los Angeles, make driving a stick a deal breaker. There are simply too many cars on the freeways here that make a stick a colossal inconvenience to drive. Even with an auto, the stop and go traffic gives me a ton of knee fatigue. I can't imagine doing that with a stick.
That's gotta be partly why they let motorcyclists ride between the lanes too in CA, can't imagine constantly hand clutching in some of those traffic jams I've been in out there. Seems crazy unsafe at times though, I'd be nervous trusting all those drivers on my bike.

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX has best interior hand down. Forget blue trim color as its easily changed. Roast is in some high end trucks. But Ford use it and it's ugly...really. White...Carbonized and some other colors look perfect with the Roast leather. To many want plain old black in a top down truck
hahah i was going to say...i think a brown interior looks beautiful, and kind of gives a retro vibe which i appreciate. roast and a deep green is classy as fuck, and probably wont show as much dirt as sandstone or navy

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
COLOR
20.0% - Area 51
15.7% - Cactus Gray
12.4% - Carbonized Gray
9.2% - Velocity Blue
8.2% - Oxford White
8.0% - Antimatter Blue
7.4% - Cyber Orange
5.0% - Rapid Red
4.6% - Shadow Black
3.8% - Race Red
3.1% - Lightning Blue
2.7% - Iconic Silver

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions EAAB4248-B00B-48E8-8945-BB83D8A60860
There's been a lot of discussion on what colors (if any) Ford will dump to make room for MY22's new expected colors. We already know Lightning Blue for sure. If they make their decision on popularity, do you really get rid of silver, a car color staple? Red? Black!!?

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

16% manual transmission on this site, whom I’d consider to be some of the most avid off-roaders, says to me the general public take rate will be tiny.
I'm sure if you could get the V6 with a manual, the numbers would be quite a bit higher .

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's been a lot of discussion on what colors (if any) Ford will dump to make room for MY22's new expected colors. We already know Lightning Blue for sure. If they make their decision on popularity, do you really get rid of silver, a car color staple? Red? Black!!?
There will always be a black a white, a silver, and a gray. Might not be these specific shades, but those will be options forever.

The unique colors tend to get replaced with other unique colors. I'd guess that Cyber Orange will be the first to go, followed by Area 51, the only Bronco-specific color. But maybe not until MY23.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll never understand why they offer 2 versions of black

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are Squatch and MT numbers per trim. Remember that 4 door Base models don't allow a Manual transmission.

With the Base model it seems you are either getting a Squatch or a Manual transmission. Very few Automatic non-squatches out there.

Badlands Squatch take rate surprises me the most. But maybe it is because it is only $2500 more to get the 4.7 gearing and forged beadlock rims. If you subtract out the 213 manual transmissions from the number the Badlands models the take rate for Badlands Squatch goes up to 59.3%

Model# of ordersSquatchSquatch %MTMT%
Base*
154​
84​
54.5%​
43​
27.9%​
Big Bend
143​
37​
25.9%​
25​
17.5%​
Outer Banks
285​
93​
32.6%​
N/A
0.00%​
Black Diamond
298​
76​
25.5%​
80​
26.8%​
Badlands
921​
420​
45.6%​
213​
23.1%​
Wildtrack
308​
308​
100.0%​
N/A
0.00%​
First Editions
138​
138​
100.0%​
N/A
0.00%​
Total
2247​
1156​
51.4%​
361​
16.1%​
I had planned on BL non sasquatch with upgraded wheels, but when the dealer put it in could not get the 4.7 gearing so had to add sasquatch. B&P allowed us to think we could add 4.7 gearing. I would think most getting a BL have plans to increase tire size and want 4.7
The Base/manual will have good demand for a while used, dealers wont order many (low margin on base), most will be ordered 2.3/auto or 2.7/auto with big bend and up trim.
I ran across an Oxford White Sport parked at Costco last week. Liked that color a lot and switched from the Velocity Blue I had picked out from the start. Lately I found myself noticing blue vehicles and gradually not liking blue. Happy with manual but woulda liked it with 2.7 otherwise good to go!
I never thought I would like white as you see a white jeep every time you turn around, but the photos of the white bronco look real good in white. Can't argue with your choice especially with the black painted top would probably be the best looking bronco out there.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok folks, so I took the liberty of grabbing the excel data provided in the conversion tracking data thread so I could do some more detailed/thorough breakdowns of the numbers so far.

With 2,353 orders being tracked as of 3/10/21, here are the color breakdowns by trims......

*One thing to note - I found 7 mislabeled colors in the data:
- One was a Base Cactus Gray, which you can't get - I substituted in Oxford White (it was a toss up between that, Carbonized Gray, or Iconic Silver)
- 1 First Edition was in Velocity Blue; I corrected it to Lightning Blue
- The remaining 5 were labeled Lightning Blues on 1 OBX, 3 Badlands and 1 Wildtrak that you can't get, so those were all corrected to Velocity Blue

Anyway......the chart shows obviously the color name, but the unit count in that color, plus percentage of the trim. Below the graph of each, there's the total number of units tracked for the trim, the percentage that trim is of overall tracked units thus far, and the total number of units tracked thus far and the date. I couldn't figure out how to do the fancy 3D donut the mods had, so you're stuck with a regular pie chart haha.

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615361761471

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615361813462

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615361896837

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615361920405

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615361954236

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615362034676

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Our 2021 Bronco Order Stats / Take Rates After 2K Submissions 1615362073350

I plan on getting to a similar comparison of the trims with packages (mid/high/lux) as well as sasquatch/no sasquatch, but wanted to push this out now that I finished it.

If there are any requests for other charts, I'm willing to entertain them
Sponsored

Last edited: