First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news earlier with the formula coming out....

Remember this...Ford is very concerned with stock price. A lot of decisions are made based on that. Why did they leave Bronco reservations open so long? Why'd they take more Lightning reservations than they could build? Easy answer...good press. Good for the stock price. So ask yourself, what's better for the stock price? Highly desirable, brand new vehicle bringing more than asking price? Or highly desirable vehicle being offered thousands below invoice? If that answers not obvious, then I'm sorry. Just adding in what I see and hear.
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I'm up sh*ts creek without a paddle.

My dealership was acquired from another in November 2020. So the whole 3 years thing is out the window for me. I'm sure they've sold a good number of sports though. FML.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would check to see if they have not made an error at the dealership level. It does not jive for any dealer to not have received at least one allocation build by this time. There is more to this story, IMO.
It’s not so rare. I have a reservation in the first 10 minutes of day 1 and a #1 allocation at a dealership with at least 56 allocations, priority code 10 and I haven’t sniffed a build date on my 2dr, BL. Reservation date/timestamp is meaningless in my opinion

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember this...Ford is very concerned with stock price. A lot of decisions are made based on that. Why did they leave Bronco reservations open so long? Why'd they take more Lightning reservations than they could build? Easy answer...good press. Good for the stock price. So ask yourself, what's better for the stock price? Highly desirable, brand new vehicle bringing more than asking price? Or highly desirable vehicle being offered thousands below invoice? If that answers not obvious, then I'm sorry. Just adding in what I see and hear.
Enron, Worldcom then??

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s not so rare. I have a reservation in the first 10 minutes of day 1 and a #1 allocation at a dealership with at least 56 allocations, priority code 10 and I haven’t sniffed a build date on my 2dr, BL. Reservation date/timestamp is meaningless in my opinion
You are speaking about something different though. I am confident that although your vehicle has not been built, there have been deliveries to your dealer of reservation Broncos. You are, unfortunately, pretty close to the immaculate sin of commodity constraints.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the formula means specifically a dealership gets 25% of their 2021 allocations. Especially given 2022 will be a full model year production at some point not restricted by hardtop issues. If this formula is legit, it probably should be read in a different way. More in terms of dealer ranking overall and using that to compute allocations based on production numbers.
I hope so because those numbers appear to point to a middle finger to me and many other day 1-2 two-door reservation holders.

It amazes me how poorly Ford communicates.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I doubt the formula means specifically a dealership gets 25% of their 2021 allocations. Especially given 2022 will be a full model year production at some point not restricted by hardtop issues. If this formula is legit, it probably should be read in a different way. More in terms of dealer ranking overall and using that to compute allocations based on production numbers.
And where did you hear the supply chain and chip shortages have magically fixed themselves in order to run at full volume for 2022?

Even Jim Farley said on CNBC the chip shortages will run into at least the middle of 2022, others say longer.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I've never been a fan of the reservation system, and pointed out many times it was more about Ford marketing than anything else. Something like 50k of reservationists didn't even convert their reservations to orders. That doesn't say much about reservationists.

And then there are the people who played games making multiple reservations, or reserving to resell, etc. It took no skin in the game to put down a refundable $100. Next time Ford should wait until their vehicle is fully ready for primetime, and then sell a real vehicle to real people placing orders with money down and go from there, not the silly year out reservation BS.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OUCH Henry....that hurt! Think I just turned my other cheek...no, my-bad-
it was my 4th cheek.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are speaking about something different though. I am confident that although your vehicle has not been built, there have been deliveries to your dealer of reservation Broncos. You are, unfortunately, pretty close to the immaculate sin of commodity constraints.
I have see a shitload of 2dr, BL, 2.7L, Lux fly off the shelf on this very forum….including last week. I haven’t seen but a handful of non-FE 2dr timestamps with better than a 7/13 6:10MT Timestamp and a #1 dealer allocation with a dealership having over 300 orders as of Jan 2021. It’s inexplicable.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m pretty sure this is just Groundhog’s Day but more on a yearly scale.

Examples:
-When is the Build and Price going to be released?!
-When will the order banks be open?!
-Allocations?! What the hell?
-Is this what Cactus Grey looks like?! :p

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And where did you hear the supply chain and chip shortages have magically fixed themselves in order to run at full volume for 2022?

Even Jim Farley said on CNBC the chip shortages will run into at least the middle of 2022, others say longer.
The funny thing is that the actual shortage sent corporations into a frenzied panic-buying mode and they're ordering far more than they need which is compounding the actual problems.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I test drove another Bronco at a dealership that does not have my reservation. I was fortuNate to speak with a rep who
has a Bronco BB two door ordered. As we talked , the subject of allotment arose. I couldn’t believe what she told me concerning allotments. I Then asked her, “ if I walked into this dealership today and wanted to order a Mach 1 Mustang could I?” Her answer was “ no , because we have not been allotted any”. Now what sense does that make? How can Ford not allow a customer to order a car from a dealership because they decided they will not receive an allotment. What if I live in a region where the local dealer is a small operation. Do I have. To drive hundreds of miles to order a Ford product? Who in the hell is running this company?
My Bronco dealer has 400+ F150 Lightning reservations.. They have no clue how Ford could fulfill the demand locally (Seattle area)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I wrote: "2022 will be a full model year production at some point not restricted by hardtop issues".
I didn't say there wouldn't be any issues. But a full MY22 production (12 months) with hardtop issues getting resolved, should be significantly greater in volume compared to a partial MY21 production. Or are you claiming MY21 production will top MY22?
Sponsored