Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my worry, who wants last years model next year? lol
If you already have a vin, but get pushed into 22, will it be a 2022, or will it have to be a 2021 because you already have that vin

build date week of 9/20, who thinks i'll still get it in 2021
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering at this point how many reservation holders are going to jump ship. I know a ton of people were already "on the fence" but still holding out because they had already waited THIS long and Ford was finally getting close to being on track again . . . but now more (and major) bad news. I have to believe this will be the catalyst for a chunk of lost reservation holders, as evidenced by some in this string of posts. I take no joy in seeing my fellow enthusiasts frustrated to no end like this, but perhaps a paired down waiting list will help those of us who can afford to wait several more months. Congratulations to those who will still be getting a 2021, and best of luck to all who now believe a Wrangler or Tacoma, etc. is in their immediate future.

Baseball77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My blend date was 8/4. The memo today states anything built prior to July 21. Does that mean I’m good to go, or does that mean I still received a bad MIC top and needs replaced?

70423AC4-29A9-4538-A509-F37ADA7DC520.png

pdonoh

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I confess that my Bronco yearning has shown signs of weakening lately. The Jeep Gladiator started to look good to me . With pricing it out and a pathological distaste of all things Chrysler related, that passed. A friend of mine has a new Tacoma and he raves about it. The future 2 door Bronco is meant to replace a long bed F-150 that became hard to park when I moved from a rural county to the jam-packed suburbs, so I'm lying to myself when I think another pickup would be a good solution. There's a nice looking yellow Wrangler I pass at a used car lot, but its an automatic and overpriced. I know I have to stay strong in my Bronco vigil, with the thought that its a unique, fun vehicle that will fit many of my needs and now there's a better than even chance I could pay cash for it after reading today's news.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I wanted was an explanation as to what is going on, so I wouldn't have to make shit up in my head. I got the truth, the plan, and I'm happy to know the low down. I can deal with it now.

As for the units that have been stored in the open I'm sure they will be fine. Cars have sit on dealers lots, and in driveways since the beginning. Not everyone has garages.

northshoreboarder

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My vehicle doesn't have a build date as of yet, but I would really be pissed if my Bronco was built and will sit under the weather for months while waiting for this sh*t show to fix itself.

Keithc

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger RT, 1970 Chevelle, 1965 FFR Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the only people that are gonna make out on this situation are the dealerships. I’m gonna have a hard time accepting a vehicle (at MSRP) that’s been sitting outside in a sand lot thru 3 seasons ( mine was built 7/20) . I’m guessing there will be quite a few refused orders, leaving the dealers with stock to mark up. Not to mention getting paid by Ford to replace existing roofs.
Just my take on things.
I don’t really need this truck, just want it. But if I find something else that I really like I’ll probably end up buying that.
I really wish they had offered a non removable metal rear clamshell. I have no interest in taking it off anyway. Just the two front panels.
That’s my rant for now.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my worry, who wants last years model next year? lol
If you already have a vin, but get pushed into 22, will it be a 2022, or will it have to be a 2021 because you already have that vin

build date week of 9/20, who thinks i'll still get it in 2021

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get that the tops are effed. That really sucks, but things happen. However I have a 7/14 res. And I'll be waiting probably close to two years since that date to get my Bronco and all they are basically offering as compensation is price protection, and I'm not even allowed to change my trim or I loose that?

I feel like I've been fairly patient and understanding throughout this whole thing, and I've been a Ford fan my whole life going back to my dad's '70 Mach 1. So I please know that I don't take stating this lightly, but...

F**k YOU FORD!
If I bail on my order you'll make your money on THAT truck just the same, but if this is how you treat your loyal customers you'll never get another penny out of me, and if you think you are going to build a brand of loyal followers like Jeep by screwing over the people who have been the most passionate about Bronco from the start you are mistaken in that too.

Sponsored

Baseball77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My blend date was 8/4. The memo today states anything built prior to July 21. Does that mean I’m good to go, or does that mean I still received a bad MIC top and needs replaced?

A5D750FD-F1DB-4DA9-9994-796031F4A385.jpeg

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 96F35B33-DC0B-4F48-B13B-24845D79B70A

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

yes you will get a 21 once the re-designed tops start to flow in a couple months.

Oh yeah. I'm 52 years old and didn't grow up with "participation trophies"...

I did however grow up at a time when people were able to come up with solutions when problems were presented and felt responsible for the promises they made.

I didn't buy a fucking "toy", I plunked down over 40k for what I thought was a car company I could trust and planned out my purchase for when I knew my need would arise.

The little rubber people that I see presenting the "new Bronco features" in the bullshit videos Ford releases are the ones that grew up getting participation trophies. They can't anticipate problems, come up with alternatives, create solutions, meet deadlines, or begin to understand what a promise means. They see obstacles as validation when their lack of effort and forethought can't get shit done.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs