Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The letter from David Johnson states that this only applies to Broncos built between January 28, 2021 and July 21, 2021. The Service Action states that delivered vehicles will have the top roof PANELS and REAR QUARTER GLASS replaced. It appears that the rear top will not be replaced.
2021BroncoRoofIssue.JPG
It says “new rear top”, not the old one.

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watch my22 onward MSRP going up by a lot because Ford has to make up for lost revenue and the cluster fuck they are in. Everyone that ordered after March 19th and not getting something in 2021 is going to be hit with an ugly markup...that's why Ford keeps mentioning March 19 in so many places in the 2 pages update

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's absolutely mental to me for fellow Dirt Mountaineers is how poorly they are addressing units built and just sitting around.

1. If it's cosmetic only, like they say, give us an option to waive Ford liability and accept a bad QC roof at which point FMC is out = Money Saved
  2. If you can't waive liability like that (not a Lawyer so who knows...?) send the jank MIC, and charge me freight on the new one you're giving me anyways = Money Neutral
  3. Offer to toss on a soft top and refund MIC, if I want one later I'll buy one = Probably money lost due to the labor required off the line
  4. Run around with heads cut off trying to make tops like crazy and let 2k Broncos sit around while our customers get increasingly annoyed = Money assuredly wasted
Why you would choose 4 I have no idea. It's honestly the worst solution to this I think they could have come up with?

BDSQTCH21

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4 Supercrew 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stockpile parts they can’t enough of now?
Yes, they will be producing less Broncos with these parts. Should make room to continue production of the parts to meet the known demand starting end of December.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's absolutely mental to me for fellow Dirt Mountaineers is how poorly they are addressing units built and just sitting around.

1. If it's cosmetic only, like they say, give us an option to waive Ford liability and accept a bad QC roof at which point FMC is out = Money Saved
  2. If you can't waive liability like that (not a Lawyer so who knows...?) send the jank MIC, and charge me freight on the new one you're giving me anyways = Money Neutral
  3. Offer to toss on a soft top and refund MIC, if I want one later I'll buy one = Probably money lost due to the labor required off the line
  4. Run around with heads cut off trying to make tops like crazy and let 2k Broncos sit around while our customers get increasingly annoyed = Money assuredly wasted
Why you would choose 4 I have no idea. It's honestly the worst solution to this I think they could have come up with?
3 works for me!

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 6B14C6D0-6D77-4222-8B80-5FC1BDDBA2F0

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is still such bullshit! This was your F Up! But we all get penalized. For those of us with Broncos sitting in a sand pit, allow us to change to soft top if we want. But again, we’re all at their mercy. If I hadn’t waited 5+ years from initial leak of a bronco snd a year + since reservation I’d tell them to stick it. How about 0% financing for 84 months? How about giving us something other than more lip service.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You cannot sign away gross negligence. That is what would happen if you sell a part that you were well aware of being defective, and there is an injury to person or property due to said defective part.

Sponsored

PoppyTim

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like everyone else, this is so frustrating. In July I changed my BD order to a soft top, removed trailer package and safari bar. I left the 2.7 on my order. I’m really hoping this helps me getting build date. I reserved on 7-15-20 and placed my order on 1-19-21.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just switched my 4door to a soft top. Hopefully I’ll be a September build now. Morning of Day 2 reservation holder.

I used to be so dead set on the bronco, but now I’m driving my perfectly good Gladiator around, wondering if I should just keep it. The longer this goes on, the less excited I am.

On the bright side, I was leaning toward the soft top anyways. My wife preferred the hard top so I was going with it. But now she would rather have it sooner with a soft top. I really like the idea of dropping the top when I want, and having it with me when I want it on.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You cannot sign away gross negligence. That is what would happen if you sell a part that you were well aware of being defective, and there is an injury to person or property due to said defective part.
It's not gross negligence if it's "purely cosmetic".

I'd like to know why "purely cosmetic" on a $1000 roof is gonna cause my $50k build to sit outside in Michigan for 2 full seasons unmoved. Be a lot more "purely cosmetic" wear on the whole vehicle after than if they just send me the damn thing now...

So they either don't want to, or are lying.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Price protection for all with orders prior to March 19th!! Really!! I ordered on April 7th and now “I” have to pay for others/your mistakes? WTF FoMoCo
Amen!!!!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not gross negligence if it's "purely cosmetic".

I'd like to know why "purely cosmetic" on a $1000 roof is gonna cause my $50k build to sit outside in Michigan for 2 full seasons unmoved. Be a lot more "purely cosmetic" wear on the whole vehicle after than if they just send me the damn thing now...

So they either don't want to, or are lying.
You would be surprised at what kind of injury claim a good lawyer could construe from "purely cosmetic."
Sponsored