Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watch my22 onward MSRP going up by a lot because Ford has to make up for lost revenue and the cluster fuck they are in. Everyone that ordered after March 19th and not getting something in 2021 is going to be hit with an ugly markup...that's why Ford keeps mentioning March 19 in so many places in the 2 pages update
You can only imagine those that took 22 offers thinking they would save money. They will almost certainly end up in the 23 order bucket at who knows what price. At least, issues should all be resolved by then.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you sign a sales contract and pay for it?
I have not, but that doesn't mean i will not try my best to make sure the dealer doesn't cash in at my expense.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would be surprised at what kind of injury claim a good lawyer could construe from "purely cosmetic."
Canadian here, so that level of litigation is not really something we're super familiar with.

I have no doubt though it'd be possible

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can only imagine those that took 22 offers thinking they would save money. They will almost certainly end up in the 23 order bucket at who knows what price. At least, issues should all be resolved by then.
Lots of orders will be canceled. Bronco pricing is on par with Wrangler. If the MSRP goes up by a lot some will either don't buy or will buy a jeep. 5% MSRP increase will be reasonable but Ford lost too much revenue to have only a marginal markup . MY22 might fill all the orders if Ford increases MSRP by a hefty amount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company I have a solution that I think we could both live with.

I have a VIN so I will apparently be waiting until the end of the year for my Bronco.

I want my Bronco now so I want to see an option to let me pay for a dual tops, then you can build my Bronco now with a soft top, then I will drive it back up to MAP (or Plymouth) at the first of the year to get my hard top installed when it's my turn.

Let's take this a step further, let any of the Bad Batch Bronco owner opt to ship now, then they would drive back up there (based on a scheduled day and time) to get their top swapped out. I bet you have a high percent of takers. That also saves you tons in shipping and dealer installation.

Maybe you have a few different factories we could drive to (like the KC plant for me). Shipping the tops from plant to plant by rail should be fairly cheap.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is still such bullshit! This was your F Up! But we all get penalized. For those of us with Broncos sitting in a sand pit, allow us to change to soft top if we want. But again, we’re all at their mercy. If I hadn’t waited 5+ years from initial leak of a bronco snd a year + since reservation I’d tell them to stick it. How about 0% financing for 84 months? How about giving us something other than more lip service.
Ford just took ownership for their problem and have a solution coming. I agree Ford should have thrown in the towel long ago, but it's water under the bridge now. I have a feeling they will do things to help speed up the process like offer soft tops or TrekTops. No telling how many soft tops available. That may take a while to ramp up also.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I still don’t want my 60k+ Bronco just sitting out. Like if I want to damage it out on the trails and get a few dents I’m fine with that however I don’t want it coming from the factory like that. 😡
Why would sitting in a lot cause dents any more than shipping it to you today? If you're that concerned, cancel your order and get in line for 2023/24. Sincerely sorry it's causing you such angst.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of orders will be canceled. Bronco pricing is on par with Wrangler. If the MSRP goes up by a lot some will either don't buy or will buy a jeep. 5% MSRP increase will be reasonable but Ford lost too much revenue to have only a marginal markup . MY22 might fill all the orders if Ford increases MSRP by a hefty amount
I've seen that Jeep is raising the price on the 4xe because it's selling too well.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What timing….I find this in my mailbox just now…and it’s damaged
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced image

hotrodjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1975 Bronco Ranger, 1975 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if Ford wants the old top back when they send a new one to the bad batch delivered Bronco owners. Curious because they talk about new glass in new rear cap..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tired of waiting

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice to know that a reservation and order to get a Bronco, before they go on sale at a dealer, was a waste of time!!! All these demos sitting at the dealers will be sold and on the road before I get mine!! Makes me look like a dumbass for ordering. Thank you Ford for making sure we got screwed!

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I've read the FAQs, read some headlines from Ford nation, 6g, etc but I'm seeing conflicting info.

It says (not talking FE) if you do not have a build date, you will be pushed to 2022. This means that everyone with a build date will still be getting their bronco in 2021?

Seems that's what they are saying in a backwards way. I'm priority 01, have had a vin and a date for end of August for over a month now. Never had the option to switch tops from my MIC. No idea what to expect.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would sitting in a lot cause dents any more than shipping it to you today? If you're that concerned, cancel your order and get in line for 2023/24. Sincerely sorry it's causing you such angst.
You seen the weather they get?

This was 2 days ago. 106mph wind and 3 inches of rain. Big ol parking lot? Your ride is getting sandblasted at that point. Wait till it snows or god forbid gets golfball hail like that area very regularly gets.
Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628806576090

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628806410046

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updated by Administrator with full FAQ and Customer Satisfaction Program info.

Full Order Holder FAQ:

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628806410046

Awareness Communication - Upcoming Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49
(Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Equipped with a Hard Top Roof Roof Panel Delamination)

Some extra info from @PREMiERdrum

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.

No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.

Hey, you have every right to be a dick. This has been a mess.

The design issue is the unfinished edges. Initially, these were to be treated and sealed but it was never successful. The "coating" applied at the plant lasted for about a week, if that. The other issues plaguing the MIC top - thickness of outer ply, uniformity of material thickness, and forming issues within the clamshell - were perhaps made more challenging by the tooling but not necessarily impossible. This new design and tooling should aid in ALL these factors.

As for the 8/2 "full speed" production, that was the plan. Heels were firmly dug in on the engineering of the top and all fingers were pointed towards Plymouth. There was hope that the "best" of the roof units being delivered to MAP could at least be used to complete FE and stranded builds, but as more and more units were evaluated, it became clear that it was a bigger liability to release more of these out into the wild than to just scrap the thing and start over.

Like I said last night, this move HURTS... especially the "bad batch" crew of 2,200+ builds stuck at MAP, but it's absolutely the best way to address it at this juncture. A LOT of these headaches could have been alleviated by pulling the plug when the first issues became apparent, but that's not where we are.

- A few hundred.

- Yes.

The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking). Main points to address in the update:

- Rolled /finished edges where there were formerly raw cuts.
- Thicker, more uniform outer layer of material.
- Improved injection process to fix forming issues in the clamshell.

Also, I've seen several people asking why they can't just get their truck now with a bad roof and replace it later. Two huge problems will prevent that from happening:
- Ford doesn't want any more "bad" units running around beyond the few hundred already out there.
- They want no part of shipping any more of these things than they already have to. Freight is going be enormous on them and there is a substantial risk of damage while shipping. I doubt they have a packaging and logistics plan for them but I can imagine it's going to be incredibly costly.

No - the entire roof assembly is being replaced. This is being described this way as they won't ship the "replacement kits" to the dealers with the glass in place. It will need to be installed in the new cap by the dealer.

Note:

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. Update from @Nickp , the following is correct: From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.

Further info from @Nickp: My contact at Ford reached out, and basically summed it up that they need to make sure that these things are ready for the adventures that we are going to put them through. The current hardtop and the quality offered just don't reach that standard, so they are just putting the kibosh on any more going into circulation before they fix the root of the problem. As outlined above, the fewer hard tops they have to ship around the country the better. When the new tops are being built, they are going to FiFo the current sitting orders. Basically, the ones that were built first will be the first to get tops and get sent on out to their final destination. While the ones that are currently built are being sent on their way, the goal will be to get people with a hardtop Bronco in their possession already the new top, along with finishing up the first editions and already scheduled builds. It's not ideal, but this is "THE" solution that will be the only thing to fully fix things.

Full Order Holder FAQ:

(Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Equipped with a Hard Top Roof Roof Panel Delamination)

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.

The design issue is the unfinished edges. Initially, these were to be treated and sealed but it was never successful. The "coating" applied at the plant lasted for about a week, if that. The other issues plaguing the MIC top - thickness of outer ply, uniformity of material thickness, and forming issues within the clamshell - were perhaps made more challenging by the tooling but not necessarily impossible. This new design and tooling should aid in ALL these factors.

As for the 8/2 "full speed" production, that was the plan. Heels were firmly dug in on the engineering of the top and all fingers were pointed towards Plymouth. There was hope that the "best" of the roof units being delivered to MAP could at least be used to complete FE and stranded builds, but as more and more units were evaluated, it became clear that it was a bigger liability to release more of these out into the wild than to just scrap the thing and start over.

Like I said last night, this move HURTS... especially the "bad batch" crew of 2,200+ builds stuck at MAP, but it's absolutely the best way to address it at this juncture. A LOT of these headaches could have been alleviated by pulling the plug when the first issues became apparent, but that's not where we are.

- A few hundred.

- Yes.

The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking). Main points to address in the update:

Also, I've seen several people asking why they can't just get their truck now with a bad roof and replace it later. Two huge problems will prevent that from happening:
- Ford doesn't want any more "bad" units running around beyond the few hundred already out there.
- They want no part of shipping any more of these things than they already have to. Freight is going be enormous on them and there is a substantial risk of damage while shipping. I doubt they have a packaging and logistics plan for them but I can imagine it's going to be incredibly costly.

No - the entire roof assembly is being replaced. This is being described this way as they won't ship the "replacement kits" to the dealers with the glass in place. It will need to be installed in the new cap by the dealer.

Note:

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. Update from @Nickp , the following is correct: From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.

Further info from @Nickp: My contact at Ford reached out, and basically summed it up that they need to make sure that these things are ready for the adventures that we are going to put them through. The current hardtop and the quality offered just don't reach that standard, so they are just putting the kibosh on any more going into circulation before they fix the root of the problem. As outlined above, the fewer hard tops they have to ship around the country the better. When the new tops are being built, they are going to FiFo the current sitting orders. Basically, the ones that were built first will be the first to get tops and get sent on out to their final destination. While the ones that are currently built are being sent on their way, the goal will be to get people with a hardtop Bronco in their possession already the new top, along with finishing up the first editions and already scheduled builds. It's not ideal, but this is "THE" solution that will be the only thing to fully fix things.

Full Order Holder FAQ:

- A few hundred.

- Yes.

Note:

Im confused so are grey tops available now or are they in limbo too?

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's absolutely mental to me for fellow Dirt Mountaineers is how poorly they are addressing units built and just sitting around.

1. If it's cosmetic only, like they say, give us an option to waive Ford liability and accept a bad QC roof at which point FMC is out = Money Saved
  2. If you can't waive liability like that (not a Lawyer so who knows...?) send the jank MIC, and charge me freight on the new one you're giving me anyways = Money Neutral
  3. Offer to toss on a soft top and refund MIC, if I want one later I'll buy one = Probably money lost due to the labor required off the line
  4. Run around with heads cut off trying to make tops like crazy and let 2k Broncos sit around while our customers get increasingly annoyed = Money assuredly wasted
Why you would choose 4 I have no idea. It's honestly the worst solution to this I think they could have come up with?
Don’t disagree with your logic generally, but I think one factor you’re maybe not taking into account here that may help explain their behavior is branding - they don’t want your early Bronco rolling around town with a visibly POS top, and they are willing to pay to avoid that
Sponsored