Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know this can happen anywhere but does anyone see a pattern in most of these states (not all) but most that are charging these prices. I guess the days of a hand shake and someones word a going by the wayside. Its really sad to see what's happening to our country.
Sponsored

Assassynation

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F350/2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's get the Alaska dealer on this list. Kendall Ford charges $500 deposit, $2,000 Doc fee and $15,000 additional dealer markup.

Last edited:

Beaucoupbrew

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be reporting back soon on one soon, I even have screenshots from the dealers gm on bronco6g making promises. Should go through experience in next week or two. Im fearing the worse. Hopefully manuals dont sell so easy.

captbradp

Raptor
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've seen 3 Bronco's in the last week from different dealers in Houston, TX. They each had 20K markup. 2 Wildtrak ($84K) and 1 Bronco Raptor was $100K

Are people really buying them with that kind of markup?

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen 3 Bronco's in the last week from different dealers in Houston, TX. They each had 20K markup. 2 Wildtrak ($84K) and 1 Bronco Raptor was $100K

Are people really buying them with that kind of markup?
Absolutely! I took my truck into Sarasota Ford on Monday (19 Sep) and they sold a 2DR WT for $80K. They also have a 4DR FE on the showroom floor with 4,000 miles on it that they want $93K for.

Someone with too much $$ will get what they want.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I propose to add Laura Ford, Sullivan, MO.

Odd situation, no ADM, but equally shady tactics.
Laura is one of a few offering sub-MSRP pricing for early reservation holders.
They have reiterated their commitment to honor $2000 under MSRP to early reservation holders.

That said, they have made it clear they will not honor the Ford price protection program for early reservation holders, thus eliminating the $2000 discount for many trim levels.
In my case, the 2021>2022 and the March 2022 price increases amounted to $2545 - negating the $2000 discount and adding $545.

I worked with Ford and Ford indicated the dealer had to engage with the Ford zone manager. Laura flat out refuses to do so.

Shady, covert ADM tactics at their finest.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have reiterated their commitment to honor $2000 under MSRP to early reservation holders.

That said, they have made it clear they will not honor the Ford price protection program for early reservation holders, thus eliminating the $2000 discount for many trim levels.
In my case, the 2021>2022 and the March 2022 price increases amounted to $2545 - negating the $2000 discount and adding $545.

I worked with Ford and Ford indicated the dealer had to engage with the Ford zone manager. Laura flat out refuses to do so.

Not sure why they don't do that. The MY21 to MY22 protection is a certificate the dealer submits. The refund comes straight to the buyer. There is nothing to scam. The mid-year MY22 increase comes as a refund to the dealer which they are supposed to refund to the buyer. This would probably be easy for an unscrupulous dealer to pocket if the buyer is uninformed. Regardless, there is nothing for the dealer to "honor". The price protection comes from Ford.

Some dealers are not giving price protection at the time of purchase. Instead, they refund the buyer any amounts they receive from Ford. Given how poor the information from Ford is on how price protection works, I can't say that I blame them.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure why they don't do that. The MY21 to MY22 protection is a certificate the dealer submits. The refund comes straight to the buyer. There is nothing to scam. The mid-year MY22 increase comes as a refund to the dealer which they are supposed to refund to the buyer. This would probably be easy for an unscrupulous dealer to pocket if the buyer is uninformed. Regardless, there is nothing for the dealer to "honor". The price protection comes from Ford.

Some dealers are not giving price protection at the time of purchase. Instead, they refund the buyer any amounts they receive from Ford. Given how poor the information from Ford is on how price protection works, I can't say that I blame them.
In speaking with the zone manager, the price protection is to be applied prior to sale. The buyer isn't responsible for paying any of it. People are being rebated lesser amount than due, because the dealer is refunded the appropriate invoiced amount.
e.g. Price protection is for a $1750 increase in MSRP, dealer is only invoiced ~$1450 for that amount since the dealer doesn't pay MSRP, then they unscrupulous dealers are only refunding the buyer the $1450 amount and pocketing the $300 difference for something that was never bought or sold.
Many people have claimed this has happened, and it is borderline theft - shady at best.

The "honor" part is doing their job as directed by Ford.
I contacted Ford and Ford indicated the dealer should contact the zone manager to correct a known issue. The dealer refused to contact the zone manager and correct an issue for a customer.

Agreed, this is a huge mess that is ill communicated by corporate.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In speaking with the zone manager, the price protection is to be applied prior to sale. The buyer isn't responsible for paying any of it. People are being rebated lesser amount than due, because the dealer is refunded the appropriate invoiced amount.
e.g. Price protection is for a $1750 increase in MSRP, dealer is only invoiced ~$1450 for that amount since the dealer doesn't pay MSRP, then they unscrupulous dealers are only refunding the buyer the $1450 amount and pocketing the $300 difference for something that was never bought or sold.
Many people have claimed this has happened, and it is borderline theft - shady at best.

The "honor" part is doing their job as directed by Ford.
I contacted Ford and Ford indicated the dealer should contact the zone manager to correct a known issue. The dealer refused to contact the zone manager and correct an issue for a customer.

Agreed, this is a huge mess that is ill communicated by corporate.
I'm skeptical of the zone manager's explanation. The price protection only applies if the original order holder buys the vehicle. When the vehicle is initially shipped and invoiced, there is no guarantee who will buy it.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm skeptical of the zone manager's explanation. The price protection only applies if the original order holder buys the vehicle. When the vehicle is initially shipped and invoiced, there is no guarantee who will buy it.
Yeah, you're 100% correct. I just left that part out thinking it was well known.
Yes, the reservation holder must buy. The certificate is issued in the reservation holder's name and must match the purchaser to be applied.

Sponsored
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Laura ford has barely been responsive and is largely indifferent to my business… and getting the same run around re: price protection. A part of me just wants to buy one off the lot and let ford & Laura ford figure what to do with my custom order

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah Laura ford has barely been responsive and is largely indifferent to my business… and getting the same run around re: price protection. A part of me just wants to buy one off the lot and let ford & Laura ford figure what to do with my custom order
I should speak with the zone manager again today or Monday. There is a growing list of folks reaching out to me who have/had orders at Laura which have all been hosed regarding price protection. Varying from only partial 'rebates' to take it or leave it - you get no price protection. All of which were eligible for the full amount.
I have a feeling it has something to do with the way they pushed us to model year 2022 last October.
I'll make him aware there is a larger issue.

Long story short - Laura deserves to be called out and avoided at all costs. Maybe not on the surprise ADM list (debatable), but somewhere. Folks need to be made aware of an absolutely shitty buying experience, at the least. Not worth $2000 off MSRP. I know, with my billable rate @ work, I have long, long, long since eaten up the 2k savings with time wasted spent trying to get things squared away with this order.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Circling back on this, either something happened with their zone manager because Laura Ford honored my $825 price protection which I think is accurate + the $2000 off. Picked my Bronco up on 10/4 and love this thing. Really glad every was seemingly transparent and in the clear. Had my doubts but in the end - all was good.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Circling back on this, either something happened with their zone manager because Laura Ford honored my $825 price protection which I think is accurate + the $2000 off. Picked my Bronco up on 10/4 and love this thing. Really glad every was seemingly transparent and in the clear. Had my doubts but in the end - all was good.
Good deal. Yeah, over the last week I had the zone manager involved and he was supposed to contact them yesterday to set things straight.
I hope they're on track, because mine finally showed up yesterday.

Mine is supposed to have $695 off for 21 > 22 and $1750 off for this March's increase, plus another $100 off for the destination and delivery increase... plus the $2000 discount they agreed to sell for early orders. The 1750 and 100 were the snag, since those aren't certificates in Vincent. They acted like they've never sold a vehicle with a mid-year price increase after order.

MSRP on the sticker (as delivered) was $2545 higher than what was on my priced DORA and the salesman was trying to say that was the selling price when I asked his to get me a number so I could get a check cut. :rolleyes:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They acted like they've never sold a vehicle with a mid-year price increase after order.
Maybe they haven't. Prior to the long waits for ordered vehicles, I would guess this situation is very rare. Regardless, the money back for the mid-year price increase comes as a refund to the dealer after the sale. The dealer is supposed to send a check to the buyer. My dealer told me they are not able to find out the amount from Ford at the time of purchase so they don't consider it during the purchase process. They just called a few days ago (about 3 months since I picked up my Bronco), and said a check is on the way.
Sponsored