Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe they haven't. Prior to the long waits for ordered vehicles, I would guess this situation is very rare. Regardless, the money back for the mid-year price increase comes as a refund to the dealer after the sale. The dealer is supposed to send a check to the buyer. My dealer told me they are not able to find out the amount from Ford at the time of purchase so they don't consider it during the purchase process. They just called a few days ago (about 3 months since I picked up my Bronco), and said a check is on the way.
In speaking with 2 different zone managers and Ford Bronco customer support, I can say this isn't what they've said.

All stated the money is to come off pre-sale.

If not, then you are taxed on it and, if financed, you're paying for it over the full term of the loan.
This can range anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand extra dollars depending on tax/finance rates.
Also, I've noticed many state they didn't get the full amount expected. That is because the dealers are only credited for the invoiced amount related to the price protection. They do not pay MSRP, so a price protection amount (theoretical) of $1500, may only receive a credit of $1350 on the dealers statement.

Asking the customer to pay MSRP prior to the adjustment is a shady tactic to make a few extra bucks. Period.

And, like I said up a few lines if financed, the customer loses most of what was gained by price protection.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In speaking with 2 different zone managers and Ford Bronco customer support, I can say this isn't what they've said.

All stated the money is to come off pre-sale.

If not, then you are taxed on it and, if financed, you're paying for it over the full term of the loan.
This can range anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand extra dollars depending on tax/finance rates.
Also, I've noticed many state they didn't get the full amount expected. That is because the dealers are only credited for the invoiced amount related to the price protection. They do not pay MSRP, so a price protection amount (theoretical) of $1500, may only receive a credit of $1350 on the dealers statement.

Asking the customer to pay MSRP prior to the adjustment is a shady tactic to make a few extra bucks. Period.

And, like I said up a few lines if financed, the customer loses most of what was gained by price protection.
You could be right because my information about how to get the mid-year rebate amount is "my dealer said". However, I find their explanation very plausible. Ask the zone managers if there is a number that a dealer can call to find out the exact amount, and if there is, will Ford commit to refunding that amount to the dealer?

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco is on a railcar as I type this. I called Ford support and acquired Both of my certificate numbers yesterday. 950 and tbd because I ordered the modular bumper, so it will be deducted from the 1500 the second one is supposed to be. Unknown about the 100 difference in shipping.
My model is 2 door Black Diamond.
Ordered back in early 2021, reorder the next time too
I am on phone so specific time not available ATM.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picture didn't load of Harrold Ford lead sales guy selling other peoples broncos...

Screenshot_20220323-195146.png
So they were trying to sell these out from under reservation holders with ADM well before they even took possession of them or offered to reservation holder. This dealership should be shut down and owner/GM banned for life from selling Ford products. Disgusting.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So they were trying to sell these out from under reservation holders with ADM well before they even took possession of them or offered to reservation holder. This dealership should be shut down and owner/GM banned for life from selling Ford products. Disgusting.
Not defending the action at all, but none of those appear to be ordered vehicles, so they're not being sold out from under anyone. If they were, the words "Special Order" would appear on the sticker in the box two under the Total MSRP, with all of the invoicing numbers/date.

Sponsored

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which Kendall Ford? Customer order or dealer stock/abandoned order?

I ordered mine from Kendall Ford in Wasilla Feb 2021 and took delivery July 2022 and they honored MSRP. Doesn't change the fact that the entire process was a chit show and they denied me Price Protection, went so far to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I presented them with the FAQ from the Ford website and the excellent flow chart from this forum. They did give in slightly and give me a $1000 discount from MSRP, more to shut me up and get me out of their hair. The sore point was when they became combative when I financed with my CU and didn't buy all the extra junk they like to add on. Took an act of congress to get the final purchase order to send to my CU.

Let's get the Alaska dealer on this list. Kendall Ford charges $500 deposit, $2,000 Doc fee and $15,000 additional dealer markup.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not defending the action at all, but none of those appear to be ordered vehicles, so they're not being sold out from under anyone. If they were, the words "Special Order" would appear on the sticker in the box two under the Total MSRP, with all of the invoicing numbers/date.
I assumed they cutoff that off on the side on these pics due to "special order" and not wanting to show that. After looking at my window sticker, you are correct. It would be below there. Carry-on dealership and do as you please.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assumed they cutoff that off on the side on these pics due to "special order" and not wanting to show that. After looking at my window sticker, you are correct. It would be below there. Carry-on dealership and do as you please.
Like I said... still bogus in the big picture! I just noticed the detail of the lack of special order took away from the larger crime. :)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not always... there are exceptions; however, in this case I agree with you that this is dealer stock, because "O/T 2" indicates "dealer stock"; "O/T 1" is for "retail orders".

For example

Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Mark's Bronco Sticker with Dealer ID CODE

Doesn't say that it's a special order does it?

However, I promise you that this was a special order that was made on 5/4/2021 and I have other receipts to prove it. If you look a little more closely at the sticker, it's "Export Only" and a "Fleet Order". It was never exported, delivered in Corpus Christi, TX, and the listed delivery dealer is not who I ordered through. It's a hot mess as far as trying to figure out how all that worked. Also I paid under MSRP.

I might add that it is CRAZY that a 2022 4 Door OBX 2.3 liter soft top with no lockers, no advanced 4x4, and no other significant upgrades other than the modular bumper and floor mats, was only $2,700 cheaper based on MSRP than my 2 Door OBX 2.7 liter hard top advanced 4x4, rear locker, with lux and tow packages.

That's just insane! Did the 2022 prices really increase that much?!? And then to add on another $10k ADM - Really playa?!? $55,430 for a mid-package OBX soft top with no lockers??? How high can you get... because I want to be that high!

Last edited:

Assassynation

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F350/2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which Kendall Ford? Customer order or dealer stock/abandoned order?

I ordered mine from Kendall Ford in Wasilla Feb 2021 and took delivery July 2022 and they honored MSRP. Doesn't change the fact that the entire process was a chit show and they denied me Price Protection, went so far to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I presented them with the FAQ from the Ford website and the excellent flow chart from this forum. They did give in slightly and give me a $1000 discount from MSRP, more to shut me up and get me out of their hair. The sore point was when they became combative when I financed with my CU and didn't buy all the extra junk they like to add on. Took an act of congress to get the final purchase order to send to my CU.
Kendall Anchorage. I didn't check the status of the bronco but if you look at any New Bronco on the lot they all Have such high fees. I went to order a new Maverick and they screwed that up so I am done with them. I asked about the excessive Doc fee on the Bronco and the salesman said it was for shipping. I know it's BS because the other new vehicles didn't have a fee that wasn't already included in the MSRP. I went ahead and Ordered a Bronco from Seekins Ford in Fairbanks for MSRP and they don't require $500 down for an order. I will also be financing through CU1.

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kendall Anchorage. I didn't check the status of the bronco but if you look at any New Bronco on the lot they all Have such high fees. I went to order a new Maverick and they screwed that up so I am done with them. I asked about the excessive Doc fee on the Bronco and the salesman said it was for shipping. I know it's BS because the other new vehicles didn't have a fee that wasn't already included in the MSRP. I went ahead and Ordered a Bronco from Seekins Ford in Fairbanks for MSRP and they don't require $500 down for an order. I will also be financing through CU1.
This is the kind of crap that grinds my gears, and I fear. I am too stubborn to just give in and bend over. I may just not get my Bronco I have waited 2 years for. Mine was built yesterday and awaiting shipping. I would rather go to the DMV then deal with a finance guy at the dealership. Dear baby Jesus don't let them try and screw me over.

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it wasn't your customer order but a retail/abandoned order that they marked up? If so that's normal for most dealers. The added cost are pure BS but again that is normal for retail orders.

Funny that you ended up ordering through Seekins. I tried to order through them but every time I went to the dealer the guy who did the ordering was not in. They didn't do on-line ordering so I ended up using Kendell in Wasilla. Don't get me wrong, Kendell was a chit show, I had to stay on top of them to get my order processed, they kept it in 99 status after converting from a MY21 to MY22 and didn't change it until I complained to Ford and opened a ticket against them. Problem with Alaska is you really don't have much choice unless you are willing to buy in the lower 48 and ship/drive up your new vehicle. I did this with an RV and save close to 25K from what the local dealers wanted for the same RV.

Good luck! Couple people I work with bought Broncos from Seekins and had a good experience.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could be right because my information about how to get the mid-year rebate amount is "my dealer said". However, I find their explanation very plausible. Ask the zone managers if there is a number that a dealer can call to find out the exact amount, and if there is, will Ford commit to refunding that amount to the dealer?
So, I had to climb up the chain a bit and contact senior management, but...

Just had a very productive call with the GM of the group that Owns the Laura Ford store.
They are all cleared up now on process. After I began working with the zone manager, they were contacted by him and finally had a good dialogue with someone at Ford who was able to articulate how this was all to be handled.

Needless to say, I will be picking up my Bronco tomorrow AM for the price agreed upon with the dealership and Ford.

What a relief!

For all in the same boat with Laura, it may be time to reach out again and check on resolution.

@IvyBronco @mtu_bronco @Br0nc0_Badlands_Sasquatch @sniffHound

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rescind my nomination for adding Laura to this list... it just took WAY too much work to come to a simple understanding of known facts... but we're there. All one big happy family. 🤓

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So glad 66! No price protection for me since I changed to get HOSS 3.0 from BB.

By
So, I had to climb up the chain a bit and contact senior management, but...

Just had a very productive call with the GM of the group that Owns the Laura Ford store.
They are all cleared up now on process. After I began working with the zone manager, they were contacted by him and finally had a good dialogue with someone at Ford who was able to articulate how this was all to be handled.

Needless to say, I will be picking up my Bronco tomorrow AM for the price agreed upon with the dealership and Ford.

What a relief!

For all in the same boat with Laura, it may be time to reach out again and check on resolution.

@IvyBronco @mtu_bronco @Br0nc0_Badlands_Sasquatch @sniffHound
Sponsored