Sponsored

IvyBronco

So, I had to climb up the chain a bit and contact senior management, but...

Just had a very productive call with the GM of the group that Owns the Laura Ford store.
They are all cleared up now on process. After I began working with the zone manager, they were contacted by him and finally had a good dialogue with someone at Ford who was able to articulate how this was all to be handled.

Needless to say, I will be picking up my Bronco tomorrow AM for the price agreed upon with the dealership and Ford.

What a relief!

For all in the same boat with Laura, it may be time to reach out again and check on resolution.

@IvyBronco @mtu_bronco @Br0nc0_Badlands_Sasquatch @sniffHound
Thanks. So glad it worked out for you and someone told them how to fix these issues. I’m still nowhere. I will try to find the GM. Maybe that will do it! Thanks for your help so far.
Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. So glad it worked out for you and someone told them how to fix these issues. I’m still nowhere. I will try to find the GM. Maybe that will do it! Thanks for your help so far.
If it is any consolation, the GM mentioned that they had 4-5 Broncos holding on the lot waiting for resolution prior to sale. So... it sounds like they're aware of the solution to the issue now... let's hope application to the individual cases isn't unnecessarily complicated.

Long story short:
No one should pay and wait for a rebate. That actually costs you as much as the rebate is in some cases (taxes and finance charges)

The mid-year increase (including the $100 transportation bump) is shown as a rebate on the deal sheet against the new, higher MSRP. $1850 total in my case

The model year 21 > 22 (and soon to be 22 > 23) certificates are in Vincent and are also applied. $695 total in my case

The dealer is then credited for the invoiced amount of the rebate when they RDR the vehicle and show ownership by the person who ordered it.

Simple as can be.

That said, there are some folks that will have certificates in place for both, the yearly and mid-year increase. The issue arose when Ford didn't issue certificates for everyone, making some of us 'special'. 🤓

Assassynation

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F350/2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it wasn't your customer order but a retail/abandoned order that they marked up? If so that's normal for most dealers. The added cost are pure BS but again that is normal for retail orders.

Funny that you ended up ordering through Seekins. I tried to order through them but every time I went to the dealer the guy who did the ordering was not in. They didn't do on-line ordering so I ended up using Kendell in Wasilla. Don't get me wrong, Kendell was a chit show, I had to stay on top of them to get my order processed, they kept it in 99 status after converting from a MY21 to MY22 and didn't change it until I complained to Ford and opened a ticket against them. Problem with Alaska is you really don't have much choice unless you are willing to buy in the lower 48 and ship/drive up your new vehicle. I did this with an RV and save close to 25K from what the local dealers wanted for the same RV.

Good luck! Couple people I work with bought Broncos from Seekins and had a good experience.
The Bronco Big Bend at kendall in Anchorage right now is more expensive than my Badlands will be and a Wildtrack in Wasilla. It's funny you mention your RV, I did the same thing 2 years ago driving up from Indiana.

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Friendly Ford in Las Vegas does NOT honor Price Protection. Unfortunately, I also have an order for a Maverick with them and will have to deal with their dishonest managers once again unless I can find a way to move my order to a different dealership.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Friendly Ford in Las Vegas does NOT honor Price Protection. Unfortunately, I also have an order for a Maverick with them and will have to deal with their dishonest managers once again unless I can find a way to move my order to a different dealership.
This doesn't make sense. Price protection comes from Ford, not the dealer, although the dealer does have to submit a certificate and/or process a price protection refund from Ford. Some dealers, as was the case with mine, aren't willing to deduct the price protection amounts at the time of purchase, but that isn't the same thing as not honoring it.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This doesn't make sense. Price protection comes from Ford, not the dealer, although the dealer does have to submit a certificate and/or process a price protection refund from Ford. Some dealers, as was the case with mine, aren't willing to deduct the price protection amounts at the time of purchase, but that isn't the same thing as not honoring it.
Did you get the full amount Ford stated you were entitled to without being taxed on it at the time of sale? Or, did they include tax in the refunded amount if you did pay tax on it?

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what doesn't make sense. When purchasing the Bronco, the dealer should have honored the originally agreed upon price which was the msrp at the time of ordering. I have meet all requirements according to fords website and customer service for me to be able to purchase the vehicle at the ORIGINALLY agreed upon price which was MSRP at the time of ordering. Ford stated that the dealer would then be reimbursed for the difference in the MSRP. So yes, price protection is coming from FORD but ford is not sending checks to the customers, they are sending them to the dealers and if the dealers deny that they will get anything from ford then who is not honoring price protection?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get the full amount Ford stated you were entitled to without being taxed on it at the time of sale? Or, did they include tax in the refunded amount if you did pay tax on it?
I got a bigger amount than I was expecting. I did not ask for an explanation. Colorado does not deduct manufacturer rebates from the amount that is taxed. Seems like a scam, but it is written into law. As a result, getting the refund before or after didn't make any difference as far as taxes go.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what doesn't make sense. When purchasing the Bronco, the dealer should have honored the originally agreed upon price which was the msrp at the time of ordering. I have meet all requirements according to fords website and customer service for me to be able to purchase the vehicle at the ORIGINALLY agreed upon price which was MSRP at the time of ordering. Ford stated that the dealer would then be reimbursed for the difference in the MSRP. So yes, price protection is coming from FORD but ford is not sending checks to the customers, they are sending them to the dealers and if the dealers deny that they will get anything from ford then who is not honoring price protection?
I got one check directly from Ford for the MY21 to MY 22 price increase. The dealer has to submit a certificate for you to get this money. The other check was for the mid year MY22 price increase. Ford sent a refund to the dealer and the dealer sent a check to me for the refund amount. If the dealer doesn't submit the certificate for the first refund, they are being lazy. The dealer doesn't have to do anything, as far as I know, for the second refund. If they keep that, they are being dishonest. I wouldn't describe either of these situations as "not honoring price protection". I would use words like lazy and dishonest. I would have preferred if my dealer had removed the refund amounts at the time of purchase, but as long as I got the money back, it was good enough for me.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did these guys get 2 hard to source Everglades? You can buy either one for only $19,999 ADM. Says special order on the sticker so did they hose someone with hidden ADM when it arrived?

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add Damerow Ford in Oregon to this list. I posted our story on here.

adam4x4

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed…Damerow marks up damn near everything.

VooDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So chip shortage should be diminishing, is this ADM why 2023 Full Size Broncos are not on FMC vehicle builder site yet?

Anyway I have a dealership for the list.

Gillie Hyde Ford of Glasgow KY.

It is where we take our company vehicles for repair. F350 bucket trucks, I have suspicion they do not want to fix them, or are completely incompetent. Because 3 transmissions later and 89 days I got my work truck back.

Anyway this is about a Bronco Sport 4dr. It was either outer banks or Big Bend trim.

Vehicle had 6k miles on it. I had not been pricing them so 36k did not seem too bad to me, since my 03 Explorer was 32k MSRP at the time.

Well dealer guy sent me the window sticker and it MSRP'd for 28k. I called him out on the 8k markup for a demo model.
He proceeded to tell me that all new ones were at least 10k mark up due to demand and market conditions, ect, ect, ect.

I told him I get A-Plan pricing, and refuse to pay over MSRP for a used vehicle.

They claim you can get A-Plan pricing if you order it. But from what I have read here so far, this doesn't appear to be true. Greedy dealerships will Greed.

Then again, IMO nobody should be paying above MSRP period. Or we will end up like Nvidia graphics card prices.

Last edited:

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I waited a while to post this, but I'm over it now.

Fred Beans Ford of Newtown Pennsylvania does not honor price protection either. Their sales manager Josie got in a massive argument over it with me, when we were set to pick up at the end of August. This included calling me to tell me I should "be thankful" they weren't charging me ADM yet. And after I pointed out it was rebates from Ford Corporate and they don't even lose money on it.
I managed to get our ~$800 certificate applied, but only because I called Ford Customer Care multiple times and got the certificate number myself.

They never applied for the remaining $1250 we were owed. Even after giving them proof of address to submit for it. Ford Customer Care said there was nothing they could do to get me the remaining money and to tell our dealership to call their Ford Rep. Never happened. They will no longer answer or return my calls or emails.
We also didn't end up with the sound deadening headliner for our Black Diamond, despite asking about it and noting it on our order paperwork. Because they didn't bother to check the box for us to get it.

I tried multiple times over two years to change our order to a different dealership, because Josie the sales manager is an absolute rude nightmare to deal with. She's also the person who refused to let us ever test drive their demo, despite our sales guy scheduling us to do so. But she was fine with trying to charge us $400 to rent it.... we test drove at a different dealership. And noted if we were spending $50k+ on a car with them, the least they could do is let us test drive the damn thing. Nope.

Anyway, I would stay far far away from them. Half of their issues are incompetence and half is their asshole sales manager refusing to not be a combative asshole to customers. I wouldn't even take my Bronco in there to be serviced, if it was the last Ford dealer in the state of Pennsylvania.
Sponsored