Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you
If you send an email (or a letter) to any of the Ford executives listed above and want a response back from them, please be sure to proof read your document and add some punctuation, capital letters, etc to it. Your post is somewhat difficult to read, as are many of the posts on this forum.

However, two engine replacements???? Why?? Why would the gas tank need to be drained??? The only reason I could think of would be some obviously bad gasoline….
Sponsored

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ram trx, 2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had zero documents myself because my truck was still at Ford when I initiated the BBB claim (around repair day # 65). The important part is to start the claim. You will then be asked by BBB how do you want it resolved ie buy back, replacement vehicle, longer warranty, etc.

The lemon law lawyers said they wanted repair documents to support the claim and that’s why they could not help until the truck was back on the road.
That’s useful

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you send an email (or a letter) to any of the Ford executives listed above and want a response back from them, please be sure to proof read your document and add some punctuation, capital letters, etc to it. Your post is somewhat difficult to read, as are many of the posts on this forum.

However, two engine replacements???? Why?? Why would the gas tank need to be drained??? The only reason I could think of would be some obviously bad gasoline….
Sounds like a jealous Jeep neighbor…

Sponsored
OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like a jealous Jeep neighbor…
Some people like to complain about everything I reread it it wasn’t that hard to understand so spell correct changed my me
I've always said every story has 3 sides. That being said the info you've provided doesn't make sense
it doesn’t make sense my bronco has been in the shop with a blown engine for three months when it was supposed to be done they told me ford sent them a faulty motor and had to order a new one. They told me there was bad gas in the tank so I had to pay $900 to drain it. That’s pretty easy to understand but I agree with you it doesn’t make sense what an 8 month old car would be experiencing these kind of problems and they’re giving me such a hard time getting it fixed

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some people like to complain about everything I reread it it wasn’t that hard to understand so spell correct changed my me

it doesn’t make sense my bronco has been in the shop with a blown engine for three months when it was supposed to be done they told me ford sent them a faulty motor and had to order a new one. They told me there was bad gas in the tank so I had to pay $900 to drain it. That’s pretty easy to understand but I agree with you it doesn’t make sense what an 8 month old car would be experiencing these kind of problems and they’re giving me such a hard time getting it fixed
Lol I meant poking fun that a Jeep guy sabotaged your bronco..

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

S

Are you saying the bad gas caused the engine to "blow up" or did they determine you had a bad engine and bad gas? Because if it was because of the bad gas i'm shocked ford is paying for a new engine. If it's two separate issues that's some really bad luck

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a bad dealer to me... I know you've probably already figured that out but here is my 2 cents worth... (From the outside looking in)....

• Made you pay $900 to drain the tank? Total BS! (A buddy and I did that in an hour from a full tank without a lift when he put his new skids on and had to drain the weight out of the tank before dropping the factory skid).
  • Ford sent a bad engine? (I would have gone down there and told them to show me the bad engine, not sure if you did that or not).
    • Did they discover it was bad after they put it in?
    • Or are they stalling and never got or forgot to order the engine?
It is painful to see what people like you have to go through when there is a bad or not so competent dealer involved. Personally, I would reach out to another dealer (if you have one anywhere close) and see if they would take over from there if it is even an option. If not, I would at least take it to one of the larger ones after the job is done and have them check the work, even if it cost me a couple hours in labor.

I know from time to time Ford monitors these threads and someone could reach out from here too.

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a bad dealer to me... I know you've probably already figured that out but here is my 2 cents worth... (From the outside looking in)....

• Made you pay $900 to drain the tank? Total BS! (A buddy and I did that in an hour from a full tank without a lift when he put his new skids on and had to drain the weight out of the tank before dropping the factory skid).
  • Ford sent a bad engine? (I would have gone down there and told them to show me the bad engine, not sure if you did that or not).
It is painful to see what people like you have to go through when there is a bad or not so competent dealer involved. Personally, I would reach out to another dealer (if you have one anywhere close) and see if they would take over from there if it is even an option. If not, I would at least take it to one of the larger ones after the job is done and have them check the work, even if it cost me a couple hours in labor.

I know from time to time Ford monitors these threads and someone could reach out from here too.
The story isn't adding up to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
S

Are you saying the bad gas caused the engine to "blow up" or did they determine you had a bad engine and bad gas? Because if it was because of the bad gas i'm shocked ford is paying for a new engine. If it's two separate issues that's some really bad luck
They didn’t say anything about bad gas untill they were almost done with the first engine. I don’t think the gas had anything To do with it I think the dealer is just trying to get extra money from me. I have filed a complaint against the dealer. But like I said I agree the story doesn’t add up it’s been non sense and poor service the whole time. I have no reason to fabricate a story nothing to gain I have a 2022 bronco with a blown engine and been getting the run around. They claim they put the new engine in and it was faulty.

ya I was hoping ford would chime in that’s the reason I was on here. They put it in and discovered it was bad

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn’t say anything about bad gas untill they were almost done with the first engine. I don’t think the gas had anything To do with it I think the dealer is just trying to get extra money from me. I have filed a complaint against the dealer. But like I said I agree the story doesn’t add up it’s been non sense and poor service the whole time. I have no reason to fabricate a story nothing to gain I have a 2022 bronco with a blown engine and been getting the run around. They claim they put the new engine in and it was faulty.

ya I was hoping ford would chime in that’s the reason I was on here. They put it in and discovered it was bad
Try to tag Fords forum handle and maybe they will respond. I purchased my bronco from smail and can't believe they've treated you like that. I have zero experience with latrobe but 900 dollars sounds like bs for sure.

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try to tag Fords forum handle and maybe they will respond. I purchased my bronco from smail and can't believe they've treated you like that. I have zero experience with latrobe but 900 dollars sounds like bs for sure.
I’ve bought so many cars from them but they didn’t car. I’ve actually had other people tell me a few stories about then since this been going on.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve bought so many cars from them but they didn’t car. I’ve actually had other people tell me a few stories about then since this been going on.
What did they say was the reason the original engine blew? What were the symptoms?

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did they say was the reason the original engine blew? What were the symptoms?
They have never told me why the engine blew I will post details when I get them from the ford dealer. I actually had a rep from ford contact me we are supposed to discuss all of this tomorrow
Sponsored