Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is another thread or two circulating that confirms your "slight pressure on 6th gear syncro" test making the noise disappear. AFAIK the final diagnosis was bad main shaft or output shaft..I forget which one but the remedy was to replace the entire tranny.
I was have an especially chattery morning cold idle just now and tried the pressure on 6th gear move. Noise instantly stopped.

Does anyone know if the 7MT has gotten an engineering revision since the ā€˜21s started building? I wouldnā€™t mind taking the truck in for warranty work to get this resolved, but Iā€™m wary about letting my dealership swap a transmission with an identical part number just to have this happen again and live with it.

Has everybody with 7MTā€™s replaced noticed zero noise afterwards?
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I am a noob here, I got a Badlands less than a week ago. I've been going through threads to try to catch up, and wanted to throw in my 2Ā¢. I've owned a modified TT for years, and this wasn't an uncommon noise when I swapped from a dual-mass to single-mass flywheel. In fact, from everything I've known this *can* be typical of manual transmissions in general, and is just gear noise or gear chatter; you're literally hearing the noise of the gearbox.

With that said, I've heard this in the mornings, am going on 300 miles, and want to get it addressed. Has anyone with the issue checked their fluid level before taking it in? Can anyone provide details of what the dealer told them, if they cared enough to explain?

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m at 6,600mi and I started noticing it about 500mi ago. It seems to have gotten louder, or it could just be me being more aware of it. Itā€™s also been much colder out so thereā€™s that.

Curious to know as others have said if those who had their transmissions/slaves/shafts replaced saw the noise go away?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8/15/22 build date. I also notice the same sound, which does dissipate in 3rd gear.
Might be due to more road noise at that elevated speed.
I also pick up a pinging sound (throwback to the nock/ping sounds w/ bad gas in the 70s/80s) when you throttle up. At dealership, Ford says it's normal...for that feel good quality ;)

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started doing this with 8k miles now that itā€™s starting to get below freezing. Noise stops once pressure is put on 6th gear or itā€™s in 6th gear. Iā€™m waiting for an actual resolution to come out, rather than replace it with another transmission with bad bearings.

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue. Posted about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-badlands-7-speed-review-10-000-miles.49984/

Did the ridealong and Ford recommended the dealer replace the tranny.
  • I found the noise early in the first 500-1000 miles
  • Dealer finally recognized the issue when it got much louder at 5000+ miles
  • When it was replaced, the noise had gotten much louder and hard to image anything about this is ā€œnormalā€
  • It was replaced with the same part. THE NOISE CAME BACK AFTER 500 MILES.
  • Copied @Ford Motor Company on the thread and, of course, crickets
Personally, I donā€™t think they have a clue what is actually happening. Itā€™s one thing to ignore aesthetic build issues like the back panel popping off above the tailgate hinge, but this is a major internal part and should be prioritized.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mines currently in the shop. Awaiting to hear what they think the problem is. Been following all these threads and @Ford Motor Company doesnt seem to have a clue. Quite disturbing for 50,000$ vehicle.

NJ Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco XLT 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just joined the forum yesterday and picked up my 22 BL on Friday. Ran great the 85 miles home from the dealer i purchased it from. Started it up this morning and hear what sounds like a bad throw out bearing. Clutch depressed noise disappears, like others have posted. I have 103 miles on this thing, totally bummed. I guess calling the closest dealer tomorrow is the best move.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same issue. Posted about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-badlands-7-speed-review-10-000-miles.49984/

Did the ridealong and Ford recommended the dealer replace the tranny.
  • I found the noise early in the first 500-1000 miles
  • Dealer finally recognized the issue when it got much louder at 5000+ miles
  • When it was replaced, the noise had gotten much louder and hard to image anything about this is ā€œnormalā€
  • It was replaced with the same part. THE NOISE CAME BACK AFTER 500 MILES.
  • Copied @Ford Motor Company on the thread and, of course, crickets
Personally, I donā€™t think they have a clue what is actually happening. Itā€™s one thing to ignore aesthetic build issues like the back panel popping off above the tailgate hinge, but this is a major internal part and should be prioritized.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have with your Ford Bronco. If you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into things on my end.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
12000 miles and still have the grinding noise. No issues just the noise.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting mine back from the dealership tomorrow. The say that ford told them to check the transmission fluid and change fluid and run some diagnostics. Everything came back normal and Ford I calling this a normal noise at least for now. Other then the noise it runs great. So it least its documented for now and we will see how it goes.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine back today and they said "Compared to like vehicle, found that this is a normal characteristics of the vehicle" and "checked for TSB's or SSM's and found none".

Here is another video from today and my service record

Ford Bronco 2.3L EcoBoost  Manual Transmission slight grind noise at idle 1669868448048

Mcb345

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New here and am (well I guess technically was) waiting to build my Badlands but will now just grab one from a dealer new.

The only value I can add to the convo is my 2019 Expedition has made some not so great noises since I bought it used.

At startup you immediately hear what sounds like a loose oil pan / rattling noise. Doesnā€™t go away when you accelerate / give it gas (you actually hear it more if youā€™re driving in a tunnel at low speeds) or warm up the engine. Ford has bulletins to replace the timing chain tensioners (which I immediately did and is a very long process) and that did absolutely nothing. Iā€™m confident itā€™s the turbo wastegate but my dealer said Ford wanted to provide a transmission software update next (which made my transmission clunk when shifting in to 4th at low speeds).

After going back to the dealer they said itā€™s a normal noise now but would replace the timing again and I said no thanks. It drives fine, have had no issues from the noise and I bought an extended bumper to bumper warranty to 125k so itā€™s Fords problem eventually if thereā€™s wear and tear going on!

Long story short, timing and / or turbo wastegate rattle should be explored but donā€™t expect Ford to do anything without a LOT of whining and then be careful of what you wish for as theyā€™ll potentially mess up something else!
Sponsored