Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone in the AB engines ever had RUD?
Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You only need to read the first post in this thread to know the answer to that.
Welp, my rig is slated for delivery next week. Will check the engine build date then. Thanks!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is probably because he did not let the water out of the trailer before towing. SMH

Aside from being sarcastic I also ordered a LIghtning but at least I got the email telling me thanks for my interest but no way you are getting one any time soon email.
Mine is scheduled for 2023. No plans to tow anything except my eMTB’s.
FYI:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MINE IS A 21165 2.7 AND I am at 3400. I named it the grenade,I wish more folks would list the success RATE , not the 54 failures,how many engines installed per day in June is it really les than 1% mortality rate.As stated the engine failure seems to be over a few months,I bought mine in Florida and drove to SC Fast....never an issue,two oil changes one Blackstone report,So the happy place is 10,000 Miles I was thinking six thousand??? anyone know how many engines builds were finished per day?? so if 50 per day with one loss is low corect ?

2022-01-05 15.43.35.jpg

Last edited:

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MINE IS A 21165 2.7 AND I am at 3400. I named it the grenade,I wish more folks would list the success RATE , not the 54 failures,how many engines installed per day in June is it really les than 1% mortality rate.As stated the engine failure seems to be over a few months,I bought mine in Florida and drove to SC Fast....never an issue,two oil changes one Blackstone report,So the happy place is 10,000 Miles I was thinking six thousand??? anyone know how many engines builds were finished per day?? so if 50 per day with one loss is low corect ?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-many-miles-on-your-2-7.34994/

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
1% blew up before 5k miles, so how long do you think the rest are going to last? 50k ?
sure they are.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1% blew up before 5k miles, so how long do you think the rest are going to last? 50k ?
sure they are.
Well, I am willing to take that bet, I am currently at 26k. Got some money you want to lose?

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've tried to keep up with the reports etc, but still have a question.

Have any of you that blew an engine found metal in the oil filter before the engine showed any signs of trouble?

I know that most will not check oil filter outside of oil change but I am getting near the mileage range that the majority of blown engines have so figure I'd begin checking the oil filter. I hope to check it every 200 miles through the next 1,000 miles.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally it is my turn. Engine let got this morning on way to work, no warning noises. Kid I work with was behind me. He said he saw a couple of puffs of smoke from underneath and when she let go white smoke boiled out from underneath and the tailpipe. Said he could smell antifreeze and oil. Engine is locked up and will not turn over. He was afraid he was going to rear end me because I disappeared in the smoke cloud. Dealer says this is the first bronco engine failure that they have seen here. 3900 miles 21169 engine date. At least I won't have to do first oil change.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally it is my turn. Engine let got this morning on way to work, no warning noises. Kid I work with was behind me. He said he saw a couple of puffs of smoke from underneath and when she let go white smoke boiled out from underneath and the tailpipe. Said he could smell antifreeze and oil. Engine is locked up and will not turn over. He was afraid he was going to rear end me because I disappeared in the smoke cloud. Dealer says this is the first bronco engine failure that they have seen here. 3900 miles 21169 engine date. At least I won't have to do first oil change.
The other 21169 blew at 2,100 miles.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Julian date 211, The Ford dealer confirmed the motor is toast today, waiting for them to contact Ford, I'll contact customer care to push it along and hopefully some reimbursement!
My engine was built the same day as yours ...still running but it makes me nervous whenever I am in a place that I won't be able to easily get it safely in the side of the road. How long is it taken them to replace yours, and has the replacement been better?
Sponsored