Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is common in ford ecoboost engines. There is years of data with people stating the same issues.
Got over 330km's on my Focus ST with the 2.0L, no issues with coolant!
Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got over 330km's on my Focus ST with the 2.0L, no issues with coolant!
2011 F-150 with 3.5 eco boost and >135k miles and zero coolant issues.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the article-
Ford has the most recalls of any U.S. auto maker in 2022, having launched 45 of them this year, according to NHTSA data. Daimler Trucks North America LLC has the second-highest number of recalls, with 27 this year.

With this info, I cannot for the life of me understand how so many on this forum get so butt hurt that people point out issues and problems. If this is not done, how many recalls will occur? Is it not a GOOD thing to force a company, especially one that so many love and buy religiously, to fix their issues so that the product is better and more dependable?
I just don’t get being such a fan of something that you have to defend it no matter what. If I’m a fan of something product wise, I want it to be as great as possible and feel good about recommending it to others. Forcing a company to put out a great, dependable product is great for everyone. Letting issues go only makes issues more persistent and prevalent.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From the article-
Ford has the most recalls of any U.S. auto maker in 2022, having launched 45 of them this year, according to NHTSA data. Daimler Trucks North America LLC has the second-highest number of recalls, with 27 this year.

With this info, I cannot for the life of me understand how so many on this forum get so butt hurt that people point out issues and problems. If this is not done, how many recalls will occur? Is it not a GOOD thing to force a company, especially one that so many love and buy religiously, to fix their issues so that the product is better and more dependable?
I just don’t get being such a fan of something that you have to defend it no matter what. If I’m a fan of something product wise, I want it to be as great as possible and feel good about recommending it to others. Forcing a company to put out a great, dependable product is great for everyone. Letting issues go only makes issues more persistent and prevalent.
Thank you, this is the best post of the year, well spoken.

Now we both have to duck while the Blue Bloods Blast us.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you, this is the best post of the year, well spoken. . . ( ref Snowdogyyz )

Now we both have to duck while the Blue Bloods Blast us.

agree w this, except ' have to duck ' part

. . I'm here

B6g info/feedback could be a problem for suits presently running Ford, but longer-term it helps Ford be a better company . . . as @Snowdogyyz said

veritas vos liberabit

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From the article-

The homers on this site really are something else. It’s ok to love Ford and the Bronco, and admit it has warts at the same time. How else will it improve. My livelihood depends on selling a ton of Broncos and Fseries, pretending like they are perfect isn’t going to keep them at the top of the market. Ford puts in a ton of effort on the Fseries to keep their image and reputation pristine. Need to put a little more of that attention towards the Bronco.

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The homers on this site really are something else. It’s ok to love Ford and the Bronco, and admit it has warts at the same time. How else will it improve. My livelihood depends on selling a ton of Broncos and Fseries, pretending like they are perfect isn’t going to keep them at the top of the market.
Well said. I mean they’ve designed a vehicle to compete with Jeep now, and in most aspects, have surpassed it! But if it turns into a recall/blown motor/gremlin nightmare- they could lose that ground. Actual buyers pointing out issues gives Ford incentive to fix problems and make it a much better vehicle. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen people say “mountain out of a mole hill”. Yet we have the MIC top fiasco, 2.7 valve issue, APIM module failures, windshield recall, 6 or 7 quarts of oil question (from Fords own literature), etc, etc.

I’m loving my bronco. 4400 very enjoyable miles so far! I want it to be a huge success so it continues to get produced for years to come. If it becomes a quality problem- that may not happen.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've put 6K miles on mine since the engine replacement with no issues. Well, no issues related to the motor.
Same with mine, nearly 6,000 miles on the replacement engine with no engine issues.

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the stories making headlines again and I thought it was just regurgitated info. I didn’t realize it was that our initial petition for an investigation has been granted.

“ NHTSA has decided to grant the petition and open this Preliminary Evaluation to assess the scope, frequency, and potential safety-related consequences of the alleged defect.”

Then there’s this tidbit I didn’t see anyone else point out yet:

“ In a June 7, 2022 meeting with Ford ODI learned this alleged loss of motor power is a result of catastrophic engine failures due to the engine valves failing. Ford identified the root cause as the valve "keepers" not holding the retainer in place allowing the valve spring to detach from the valve resulting in interference between the valve and piston. This interference can cause an engine lockup.”
Sponsored