Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Well, I got mine back 41 days later. It's an AA with an old Julian date. Not happy at this point 21125
20220222_161243.jpg

it's the twin of the replacement engine for @Broncoshrimp (see below)
- you have the previous sequence# to hers - no worries about defective valves since these engines were built before any bad valves hit production
- these early engine dates seem very reliable so far

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Broncoshrim
Sponsored

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that makes me feel better!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Well, I got mine back 41 days later. It's an AA with an old Julian date. Not happy at this point 21125

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Broncoshrim

Why the fuck would they put that engine in knowing it’s prob going to blow again is Ford really that incompetent . Any one getting an engine replacement should have a new ab engine with the upgraded parts

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the fuck would they put that engine in knowing it’s prob going to blow again is Ford really that incompetent . Any one getting an engine replacement should have a new ab engine with the upgraded parts
Would think so. But maybe this shows how much we DONT know

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6689yi.jpg

Sponsored

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lucchese I wonder if the April batch of valves hit later than my new engine build date. Curious if there if there is a way to confirm this @flip

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

it's the twin of the replacement engine for @Broncoshrimp (see below)
- you have the previous sequence# to hers - no worries about defective valves since these engines were built before any bad valves hit production
- these early engine dates seem very reliable so far

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 6689yi
Good to hear.

But installing replacement engines built in May of last year?? Wtf. Thought the 2.7 was constrained. How can a part be constrained when Ford is sitting on builds from 9 months ago?? The plot thickens.

Just own it already Ford.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay so Ford's "Good Will Gesture" to me is a $100 gift card for accessories. They stated they can't upgrade my warranty because I already have premium care.... and they can't refund me the money for my premium care. I am NOT pleased. Especially since I asked to speak to someone else and was hung up on and given the gift card anyway. This is bs. Anyone have any suggestions? $100 does not make up for the hit in resale value this had on my Bronco plus the uncertainty I have to deal with now. Plus I went a month without my Bronco. If this is all Ford is gonna do for us than I suggest you request a buy back before repairs are complete.
They promised me reimbursement for rental car.....almost 2 months after sending them receipts, I haven't received anything! They claim "it's on the way". They also said I would get 2 years of free service. I feel certain when I go to dealership for service they won't know anything about it. Their customer service tells you what you want to hear.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 6689yi

I’m 21123 hopefully that means they are confident the bad valve didn’t start until after these were built. I’m just over 2k now.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They promised me reimbursement for rental car.....almost 2 months after sending them receipts, I haven't received anything! They claim "it's on the way". They also said I would get 2 years of free service. I feel certain when I go to dealership for service they won't know anything about it. Their customer service tells you what you want to hear.
Bookmarking for the “That’s what the warranty’s for” crowd.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lima made a change to their valve production sometime after last August i.e. 'Nano valve supplier issue was resolved with more robust design and material changes at the supplier.'

Well the earliest engines, made before the known failure dates don't have the more robust design or material changes, so why is Ford using these old builds?

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed about everyone I could find at the executive level to get mine replaced.