Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21209 here. Over 11,507 miles. fingers crossed.....
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gotta love how those bean counters think. Someone needs to get hurt before any action is taken.☹
Sadly not even that. Bean counters also take into account death/injury lawsuits vs. recall costs.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone with a 2.7 reported the sudden loss of power yet didn't actually blow their engine or drop a valve? I've had it happen to me a couple of times now while off-roading where suddenly I had almost now power to the pedal and a handful of warning/error messages both times, but after stopping for a minute and restarting the engine and driving a bit everyone went back to normal. I referenced one of my experiences in the thread below.

I just realized I have a 2.7 that was built on the 209th day of 2021 (July 28th last year) which happens to be one of the two dates with the most reported 2.7 failures. I haven't had any issues in the last 4,000+ miles and just did 2 tanks worth of wheeling last weekend near Mammoth, CA at high elevation and 240+ engine temps at times on some of the longer climbs with zero issues. I'm at 7,000 miles currently. The couple of issues I did have with sudden power loss were in the 1,000 to 2,000 mileage range.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hill-start-assist-failure.24658/post-936778
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi there! Do you know if there's a recall planned on these faulty (according to your Lima plant manager) valves???

Thanks much
Good luck with that.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck with that.
Well, I don’t think @Carolina Jim expects a response. Nor do I or anyone on this thread for that matter, but it is always good to see this thread is in fact still monitored by @Ford Motor Company. I really wish FoMoCo could do the decent thing that humans are capable of doing when they made a mistake. But FoMoCo is not human.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, I don’t think @Carolina Jim expects a response. Nor do I or anyone on this thread for that matter, but it is always good to see this thread is in fact still monitored by @Ford Motor Company. I really wish FoMoCo could do the decent thing that humans are capable of doing when they made a mistake. But FoMoCo is not human.
@Ford Motor Company is a lot like my wife in that that they both ask a lot of questions they don't really want an answer to.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company is a lot like my wife in that that they both ask a lot of questions they don't really want an answer to.
WRONG. Ford Motor Company is more like a 10-year-old who asks a lot of questions because they don't have a F'ing clue what's going on

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good job pulling from multiple sources Lucchese.

Sad to see this number keep climbing, but it's not unexpected.

I hope Ford reconsiders their towing policy. That's the part that still burns me the most. I was 3+ hours from home, in 25 degree weather with my dogs on a Sunday, and I had to pay $713 to get home. Ford should tow ALL blown 2.7s home, with no excuses or exclusions.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford should tow ALL blown 2.7s home
Especially since they have known about this problem for months...and have declined to issue a recall. I can only think of 2 reasons for this:

1. with all the other financial hits they are taking, they don't want to stress their stock price

2. the actual valves required to replace the defective valves are in short supply, and Ford would rather keep the assembly line running that ensure their delivered unite run

IMO, either of these reasons really make Ford look bush league

ssavell

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you know for sure that a 2021 has the new replacement valves? Saw something that said mid-October plus engine build dates should be good. Is that correct? I’m looking at buying a used 21 and all I know is the blend date was November 12. Not sure about engine date code yet

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you know for sure that a 2021 has the new replacement valves?
its like Dirty Harry said..."You just have to decide...are you feeling lucky?"

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good job pulling from multiple sources Lucchese.

Sad to see this number keep climbing, but it's not unexpected.

I hope Ford reconsiders their towing policy. That's the part that still burns me the most. I was 3+ hours from home, in 25 degree weather with my dogs on a Sunday, and I had to pay $713 to get home. Ford should tow ALL blown 2.7s home, with no excuses or exclusions.
Good comment for Jo's 2.7 blown engine owners experiences thread;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-7-blown-engine-owners-experiences.40654/
Sponsored