First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably a very conservative driving mode.
I just drive in normal mode for the most part. I was averaging under 15mpg for the first few months since I had it. I’ve recently been driving more in sport mode and the mileage went up into the 15’s 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Yeti

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 f350 20 f150 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
16.6 mixed driving 75 highway to crawling around at 25 with or without the top on 🧐

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top up, light wind, smooth sailing today from OCNJ to just west of Philly. 2hr run relatively flat but happy with 21.9

B3F55590-19E2-4CF6-8E61-EDBE0746B505.jpeg

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Using 93 octane have been averaging 19.5mpg.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been reading all about gas mileage and I feel like I’m doing something wrong. 1000 miles in, sas, and I haven’t moved from 14.1. No highway driving at all, only city. I’m in Miami, so we naturally drive more aggressive, but I don’t feel I’m driving overly aggressive than I did in my previous vehicle. I’m not crying about it, I knew what I was getting into, I’m just surprised so many are getting OP’s numbers. I’ve driven in eco, normal, and sport fueled up with regular and premium, and I haven’t seen a lick of a difference.

Sponsored

phoenix00

Wildtrak
First Name
Phoenix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't gotten any better than 15.2mpg lol. What driving mode are you in getting these numbers?
Yeah, I switched to 37's and added a lift, but I'm averaging like 13... lol

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been reading all about gas mileage and I feel like I’m doing something wrong. 1000 miles in, sas, and I haven’t moved from 14.1. No highway driving at all, only city. I’m in Miami, so we naturally drive more aggressive, but I don’t feel I’m driving overly aggressive than I did in my previous vehicle. I’m not crying about it, I knew what I was getting into, I’m just surprised so many are getting OP’s numbers. I’ve driven in eco, normal, and sport fueled up with regular and premium, and I haven’t seen a lick of a difference.
Sounds very similar to my experience for the first couple 1000 miles. I’m close to 4k miles now and have only recently made it into the low 15mpg’s

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow!!!! There are some HYPER DRIVING going on out there...

Best to all my WildTrak brothers out.

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built an Badass 👍👍

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You aren't doing anything wrong - the gas mileage (and on-road handling) totally depends on the trim and wheel/tire package you have on the vehicle. You have to examine what each person's actual build is before you assign any kind of value to these comparisons & numbers. Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks have super mild, light weight, 31" (base) or 32" (BB & OB) all terrain tires - they will get the best mpgs, under equal conditions compared to others. Black Diamond's tires are same size as BB and OB but are heavier and more aggressive tread so they will get worse mileage (plus BD has added weight in steel bumpers, rock rails, etc). Badlands tires are even heavier, more aggressive, and a size bigger so again even worse mileage. Sasquach is obviously just going to be bad and there's no way around it.

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Badlands/Sasquatched
Michigan to South Dakota avg 19/20 South Dakota slipped a bit as the speed was 80

Recent trip pulling "loaded" trailer 500 miles still got 20mpg:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco 20 mpg in a Wildtrak 1660912545292
Ford Bronco 20 mpg in a Wildtrak 1660912582099

Ford Bronco 20 mpg in a Wildtrak 1660912545292

Ford Bronco 20 mpg in a Wildtrak 1660912582099

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I kept it at 75 mph 90% of the time
Too much wind resistance to get 20 mpg at that speed. My highway is roughly the same as city (17mpg) because of that. I get 20-21 on the computer if I keep it around 55 in traffic or country roads. That seems to be the sweet spot. 4 door, Sasquatch, 2.7 with skids and heavy sliders

Stonksandbroncs

Wildtrak
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2008
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my commute I get 20 mpg. If my wife is driving it goes down to about 17 :p

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond 2-door, 2.3 manual.

Finishing up a round trip from MN to AZ. Family emergency, not a vacation or off roading. All freeway. All Normal mode.

Flatlands, mountains, headwinds, tailwinds, rain… hand calculated anywhere from 16mpg to 23mpg. Average about 70mph. Up and down mountains between Phx and Flagstaff, set cruise at 70 and no problems. Maintained that speed the whole time. Impressed with the 2.3L and manual.

Headwinds and up mountains was the worst. Turbo got up to 18psi at the most.

Kind of a smooth ride at first but I felt every bump and road defect. Really rough roads at high speed you got jostled around a bit. I like the MGV seats, comfortable. Need to get a pedal extender for the clutch, legs too short. 🤣

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You aren't doing anything wrong - the gas mileage (and on-road handling) totally depends on the trim and wheel/tire package you have on the vehicle. You have to examine what each person's actual build is before you assign any kind of value to these comparisons & numbers. Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks have super mild, light weight, 31" (base) or 32" (BB & OB) all terrain tires - they will get the best mpgs, under equal conditions compared to others. Black Diamond's tires are same size as BB and OB but are heavier and more aggressive tread so they will get worse mileage (plus BD has added weight in steel bumpers, rock rails, etc). Badlands tires are even heavier, more aggressive, and a size bigger so again even worse mileage. Sasquach is obviously just going to be bad and there's no way around it.
Yes, agreed it depends on 2 door, 4 door, trim, tire and wheel package, etc. Aftermarket tires and wheels have a big effect too- for instance if you bought non Sas and installed 35" tires you will no longer have gearing for optimum MPG. (If you did not change gears)

And Sas can get good MPG- I average 21.6 in mine- with 2.7 but it is a Basesquatch and 2 door. Base trim is lighter weight. I also drive with a light foot, which helps too.

Also Base trim, non Sas 2 door with 2.3 and manual I have read posts of getting 28 MPG- and I believe it- light weight, 4 cylinder and less rolling resistance with the "small" tires.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm coming to the conclusion that our speed on the highway has a huge impact on mpg's. I'm averaging 16.1 in my 2.7l sas badlands, but I'm driving about 80-85 on the highway. I need to test it out driving slower.
Sponsored