Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent point, especially if I am planning on ordering a manual transmission Bronco, and we all know they will have little to no availability of those at the dealerships, therefore I believe, not incentives will be offered on those units.

Thank you!
People also need to realize of the opportunity to build your rig to your specification at the great deal that Granger is offering. When the stock begin hitting the lots, a buyer will have a choice of what is on the lot or from other dealer's inventory to choose from. If no inventory matches what a buyer wants, a dealer can submit a build but there won't be a discount for accommodating specific needs.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After some consideration; Turns out that it wasn't the price that was stopping me from an order, it is the DI only 2.3, I simply will not buy another DI only engine, it is a dead-end technology and tricks to make it less sucky don't float my boat. Since Ford decided when spec'ing out the manual transmission that it would not be strong enough for the dual injection 2.7, they lost my sale. It is irrelevant (to me) that the competition offers less power/torque with a manual. I am not buying a Jeep either. My view is that being better than mediocre/Jeep does not necessarily mean 'good'.

Lobotomizing the 2.7 with the automatic to remove the engagement and fun defeats the, well... fun of the truck.

So... I will still be hanging on the fence, maybe the B&P will nudge me one way or the other. Granger would get the sale if I Humpty Dumpty on the 'buy' side.

-Drex

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After some consideration; Turns out that it wasn't the price that was stopping me from an order, it is the DI only 2.3, I simply will not buy another DI only engine, it is a dead-end technology and tricks to make it less sucky don't float my boat. Since Ford decided when spec'ing out the manual transmission that it would not be strong enough for the dual injection 2.7, they lost my sale. It is irrelevant (to me) that the competition offers less power/torque with a manual. I am not buying a Jeep either. My view is that being better than mediocre/Jeep does not necessarily mean 'good'.

Lobotomizing the 2.7 with the automatic to remove the engagement and fun defeats the, well... fun of the truck.

So... I will still be hanging on the fence, maybe the B&P will nudge me one way or the other. Granger would get the sale if I Humpty Dumpty on the 'buy' side.

-Drex
Ford Bronco $2000 off Invoice on October Bronco Reservations at Granger Ford 1601473639377

aaddaamm

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lyon L'Avecaise
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I can't remember reading it. When do I actually pay for the vehicle? If I make a reservation Oct. 1, whether at Granger or somewhere more local, it sounds like I'm most likely not receiving the vehicle until optimistically late '21 or realistically some time in '22.
Do I either have to pay cash or have financing in place this December when I convert reservation to a purchase, or not until I take delivery at some undefined date in the far off future?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you pay for it when it arrives. An October reservation will arrive in the Spring of 2022 so you would pay for it then.

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I can't remember reading it. When do I actually pay for the vehicle? If I make a reservation Oct. 1, whether at Granger or somewhere more local, it sounds like I'm most likely not receiving the vehicle until optimistically late '21 or realistically some time in '22.
Do I either have to pay cash or have financing in place this December when I convert reservation to a purchase, or not until I take delivery at some undefined date in the far off future?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it arrives and you get to occupy the drivers seat is when you pay for it..

At our store you do not need to put more deposit down...

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is irrelevant (to me) that the competition offers less power/torque with a manual. I am not buying a Jeep either. My view is that being better than mediocre/Jeep does not necessarily mean 'good'.

So what will you be driving instead?

I can't imagine that 100% of the fun of driving a short wheelbase, open top, no door Bronco will be eliminated by not getting to shift yourself.

I had a 2010 JK with the minivan 3.8, auto and 35's. That thing could barely get out of its own way and wandered all over the road like a drunk sailor but with the top down and doors off was still lots of fun.

And before you throw out the baby with the bathwater I would suggest a test drive of a 2.7 A10 combo in an F150. Maybe not 100% as fun as a manual 2.7 would be.. but at least 80% as fun I would guess. I love mine.

Sorry.. thread hijack over..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Aubie

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it arrives and you get to occupy the drivers seat is when you pay for it..

At our store you do not need to put more deposit down...
I sent you a message about making a purchase.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what will you be driving instead?

I can't imagine that 100% of the fun of driving a short wheelbase, open top, no door Bronco will be eliminated by not getting to shift yourself.

I had a 2010 JK with the minivan 3.8, auto and 35's. That thing could barely get out of its own way and wandered all over the road like a drunk sailor but with the top down and doors off was still lots of fun.

And before you throw out the baby with the bathwater I would suggest a test drive of a 2.7 A10 combo in an F150. Maybe not 100% as fun as a manual 2.7 would be.. but at least 80% as fun I would guess. I love mine.

Sorry.. thread hijack over..
2nd this sentiment. The open top/no door setup is more of the fun part than the shifting a turbo engine manually part. The 2.7L is a great engine in the F-150. I liked it so much, my second F-150 had one, and my Bronco will get it. It'll be a screamer in a lighter Bronco! Bronco should be much less tiring to drive to boot.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After some consideration; Turns out that it wasn't the price that was stopping me from an order, it is the DI only 2.3, I simply will not buy another DI only engine, it is a dead-end technology and tricks to make it less sucky don't float my boat. Since Ford decided when spec'ing out the manual transmission that it would not be strong enough for the dual injection 2.7, they lost my sale.
Take the money you would have spent on the 2.7L and get the Ford Performance Tune for the 2.3L and get a walnut blasting at 75k miles. Neither engine sounds particularly good, and a 4x4 isn't the right vehicle for drag racing or corner carving anyway.

Most manuals designed for high (400+ ft-lbs) torque shift like crap. Especially cable-driven ones like on the Bronco. That shouldn't be lost in this debate; I'll only buy manuals, but I won't accept notchy/mushy shift action just to get more powah. The best manual shifter ever made (Honda S2000) was paired to an engine with the torque of a sewing machine.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s the likelihood of any other dealerships offer this same deal 2 years from now?
Any of you recently purchased a vehicle $2k under invoice?
Thanks!
I feel that in 2 years, you'll be able to get that deal at most dealers. The group buy here is already looking at 2 dealers that both agreed to invoice plus any incentives. This is for current reservations for 21 build.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the money you would have spent on the 2.7L and get the Ford Performance Tune for the 2.3L and get a walnut blasting at 75k miles. Neither engine sounds particularly good, and a 4x4 isn't the right vehicle for drag racing or corner carving anyway.
So... your advice is spending money to increase output (requiring the additional and considerable extra expense for premium fuel that would be required over a lifetime of mileage) in a heavy vehicle where it will never be quick, fast, or nimble on the street and is geared so that it is arguably over-powered off road to begin with, as a fix for Ford's short sighted engine design. Whoops, I forgot the aggravation and expense of walnut blasting every third year with the mileage I run.

In addition to spending what the larger engine would cost up front to make the smaller one 'work' for three years, I don't see Ford offering the tune on the manuals anyway, they spec'd it to be marginal on the 310 torque rating of the 2.3 in my opinion anyway. If a tuned 2.3 would work, then a stock 2.7 would be fine as well.

While I am assuming you were trying to help, the 2.3 DI is not for me due to a number of problems (low RPM fueling problems with fuel wash/oil dilution and carbon build up inherent with DI engines.) If I am forced into an automatic to get a suitable (for me) engine, then I have a lot of options other than the Bronco, especially at the $50K and above level. The manual is what draws me to this vehicle, not the doors falling off or whatever, no interest there for me. Removable top? Sure, I would use that sometimes, but I have a convertible and a motorcycle already (for the 100 days a year I am actually home). This truck would be a work/winter beater for construction sites all around the middle third of the Country. It would get lots of highway miles during the week and local trails on the weekends as location, schedule, and weather permit. It would also have a secure container to hold many cigars. (the bike and convertible wind screens both block the wind enough to enjoy a smoke at legal-ish highway speeds)

My Subaru gets me to almost everywhere I need to be (6-speed manual), I don't need a Bronco, so I don't have to settle for what I consider to be crummy powertrain combinations.
Sponsored