MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming at least a swap-out of all the factory speakers will be a must if you have any affinity for quality audio.
True. I'm going to live with it for a while because most of the audio quality is going to be washed out with the top open. But we'll see...as long as I can decently hear my music I might be fine.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I think the name of the game for Crutchfield is to wait a year or so. I figured I would upgrade the audio system after a year anyway. I have some other more pressing mods :)
That's pretty routine for Crutchfield. They need to try a little harder. They either have no more than what fits main speaker locations or wrong info, at least on Ford products.

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, so just speaker upgrades. Same radio/amp? If so, that's not bad at all.
4 of these, Kicker 47KSC404 4" coaxial 300w 2 of the Kicker 6.5" Charcoal LED Marine Speakers 1 pair of OEM replacement speakers. and
4Ɨ Speaker Harness Adapter For F150 2015-2019 Front Rear Speaker Upgrade. I had to make adapter plates to mount the 6.5 out of lexan, I got 4 pieces at Lowes and traced the out line of the OEM speaker. No amp or SUB, you can actually feel the music coming across your feet.

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's pretty routine for Crutchfield. They need to try a little harder. They either have no more than what fits main speaker locations or wrong info, at least on Ford products.
4 of these, Kicker 47KSC404 4" coaxial 300w are perfect fit for the dash and roll bar. 1 hour total to install.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the functionality of the system. However as far as the actual sound quality and bass range, the sound we are hearing is only going to be as good as our headsets or speakers on our computers.
Very true. Not to mention the compression from YouTube etc.

I listened using high quality, audiophile grade headphones andā€¦ it sounded like every other YouTube video.

With that said, Iā€™ve heard the B&O in person and have it in my Ranger (Bronco sounds better).

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very true. Not to mention the compression from YouTube etc.

I listened using high quality, audiophile grade headphones andā€¦ it sounded like every other YouTube video.

With that said, Iā€™ve heard the B&O in person and have it in my Ranger (Bronco sounds better).
Good info. So it sounds like you will be pleased with B&O in Bronco.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn't justify the price of the B&O system after listening to it at the Bronco Off Roadeo and on my test drive at the dealer. Its very distorted don't get a lot of treble and the bass is weak. My Jeep Wrangler was the same way when I bought it. Spent 800 bucks upgrading all the speakers with an amplifier. Sounded 100 times better. Personally, after hearing it I wouldn't spend the money. The only thing worth it in the lux package is the adaptive cruise control.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds pretty damn good to me. He nailed it. The Bronco is an Off-Road vehicle. It's not an AudioFile vehicle. I'm not expecting too much. I think I'll be happy with the B&O System? šŸ¤ž
You're absolutely right. You still need a system to counter the road noise while top and doors are off.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I gotta admitā€¦the adaptive cruise control (ACC) is a strong selling point. I sort of hope they start to offer it in lower packages. The troopers are a pain in the arse around here. I like to use cruise on the highways.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I gotta admitā€¦the adaptive cruise control (ACC) is a strong selling point. I sort of hope they start to offer it in lower packages. The troopers are a pain in the arse around here. I like to use cruise on the highways.
I've said it before, but Ford missed a big opportunity to add a "Tech Package". Jeep does this for every model. If they added an advanced Tech package with just the 12inch screen and adaptive cruise control. I would have gladly payed 2k for that. I couldn't justify getting a BL for 5k more just so I can get the high package.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've said it before, but Ford missed a big opportunity to add a "Tech Package". Jeep does this for every model. If they added an advanced Tech package with just the 12inch screen and adaptive cruise control. I would have gladly payed 2k for that. I couldn't justify getting a BL for 5k more just so I can get the high package.
Hopefully that becomes an option in 2022 or 2023. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m holding out on my reservation instead of giving it to the dealer. I feel like after one week with this loaner - Iā€™m gonna truly understand what I am missing out of a LUX and what I can live without. Hopefully theyā€™re more modular in the coming years. I know I still want vinyl and washout floorsā€¦soā€¦thatā€™s not going to change.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully that becomes an option in 2022 or 2023. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m holding out on my reservation instead of giving it to the dealer. I feel like after one week with this loaner - Iā€™m gonna truly understand what I am missing out of a LUX and what I can live without. Hopefully theyā€™re more modular in the coming years. I know I still want vinyl and washout floorsā€¦soā€¦thatā€™s not going to change.
With my build week coming up, I'm definitely content with what I chose getting BD w/mid. I've already told myself I'm trading it in 2-4 years from now when a fully electric or PHEV Bronco comes out so hoping there is a lot more customization in the packages by then.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wife test drove the mannequin B&O and we thought it sounded good. Iā€˜ll transfer my JL Audio system from my current car and really wake it up.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I couldn't justify the price of the B&O system after listening to it at the Bronco Off Roadeo and on my test drive at the dealer. Its very distorted don't get a lot of treble and the bass is weak. My Jeep Wrangler was the same way when I bought it. Spent 800 bucks upgrading all the speakers with an amplifier. Sounded 100 times better. Personally, after hearing it I wouldn't spend the money. The only thing worth it in the lux package is the adaptive cruise control.
I know there are some high-end luxury vehicles that have "premium" factory sound systems that actually impress, but most do not and can be easily outperformed by a bit of aftermarket work at a fraction of the cost.

The challenge is sometimes not getting the equivalent mounting points/holes/trim pieces without some expensive custom fabrication or shoddy workarounds.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've driven Broncos with the standard system (High package) and the B&O system (Lux package). The standard system is really bad. I mean, really, really bad. The B&O system is livable, although I'd like more oomph from the back. But the front was FAR more clear.

We plan to do some road trips with this thing, and I've become addicted to ACC on vehicles. Plus, esp on a vehicle like this, I don't want to have to use a clip-on garage door opener. Yeah, I know that seems like a small thing, but I'll pay $500 just to have the garage door opener built in. Throw in the ACC and massively upgraded sound, plus the extra USB ports and wireless charging, and the Lux works for me. I'll probably still upgrade the speakers, but I've done that in most cars, anyway.
Sponsored