First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very true. Not to mention the compression from YouTube etc.

I listened using high quality, audiophile grade headphones and… it sounded like every other YouTube video.

With that said, I’ve heard the B&O in person and have it in my Ranger (Bronco sounds better).
The Bronco sounds better than the Ranger? I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Rangers B&O system. The ranger forum appears to really enjoy it.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco sounds better than the Ranger? I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Rangers B&O system. The ranger forum appears to really enjoy it.
I quite like it as well.

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big fan of the B&O in the Bronco. I've had Range Rovers, Audi's, you name it. All with high end sound systems from Bowers and Wilkins to B&O and this system sounds almost as good. Obviously if you have a soft top you won't get the same acoustics but when I have it turned to the teens (sound volume) I can't even hear any road noise and I have larger 34 inch tires on the Bronco. Very crisp and clear overall. The subwoofer would be the only lackluster part of the system but I'm sure that can be upgraded for those that don't like it. Overall glad I upgraded to the Lux package to get this.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem is that you have to buy a Bronco far above price and pay for shit you don't want to get it. Like 10 grand. And now I get leather or vinyl and ass heaters or coolers or whatever else I didn't want ...but I can get SAS on my base but not a good stereo.
DId Ford do a focus group that showed buyers who like to off-road don't like music or stereos?? JEEZ.
Mine is going straight to the stereo shop for $1500 upgrade (that I would have paid FORD for) if they weren't so dumb NOT TO OFFER IT.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Big fan of the B&O in the Bronco. I've had Range Rovers, Audi's, you name it. All with high end sound systems from Bowers and Wilkins to B&O and this system sounds almost as good. Obviously if you have a soft top you won't get the same acoustics but when I have it turned to the teens (sound volume) I can't even hear any road noise and I have larger 34 inch tires on the Bronco. Very crisp and clear overall. The subwoofer would be the only lackluster part of the system but I'm sure that can be upgraded for those that don't like it. Overall glad I upgraded to the Lux package to get this.
I hope you're right! But sound quality is so subjective. I'll save my opinion for myself when I finally take delivery. But after listening to the video through pretty good headphones, imac, amp and dac I'm not impressed. Badly controlled bass, not very clear midrange and maybe good treble. But I guess I'm in the minority. Could be video sound quality.

I'm still trying to figure out the preoccupation with the rear speakers. Are people's ears on backwards or do they not know the purpose of them?

Sponsored

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can without a doubt live quite happy with this system.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have struggled between going with the high or lux packages simply for the B&O sound system. I own a 2911 F 150 crew Lariat that has the Sony stereo system. It is fantastic. I try to justify not going with the lux package, but the sound system want keeps pulling me back. The packages , just like the model options make this a frustrating decision. I don’t need a BL, but since I want CO and the MGV interior, the BL provides the finest looking interior. I only wish Ford would free up the interior choice limitations and allow MGV in the WT or OBX. The OBX SAS is the model I should go with, but the interior isn’t great and it just doesn’t go with CO. Two door is my choice as well.
To be fair, I can only imagine the technology your 2911 F150 has. Any good stock picks for the end of 2021?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, I can only imagine the technology your 2911 F150 has. Any good stock picks for the end of 2021?
Well the zero is adjacent to the nine. The curse of large fingers continues. Lol
I would edit the post but why eliminate the opportunity for humor?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well the zero is adjacent to the nine. The curse of large fingers continues. Lol
I would edit the post but why eliminate the opportunity for humor?
Agreed. I never mind sacrificing myself for a laugh.

Sponsored

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think i could tell the difference between a $50 system and $5000 system.

Sound is sound, lol.

I'm positive you can tell the difference between the base sound system and the upgraded sound system! There is a post on this forum with video about doing basic upgades to the base system that shows how different the sound can be by just adding quality speakers.

Reactions: F&I

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Overall I'm in agreement with you after close to 2 months with my Wildtrack. Poking around the different forums and other information I can dig up shows the kick panel speakers are 6" subs at the driver and passenger feet. They could be replaced with 6.5" 2 way speakers that would give a fuller sound. The rear sub is an 8" that may just need to be swapped for a more responsive sub to get a bit more from that channel.

So far it's not as dynamic as the system was in my F-250 but it had much different acoustics to deal with also. I have not had the top off due to air quality from bad fires nearby but when I can windows are down. Sound has been able to keep pace with the road noise fairly well. Those are my observations and opinions to share

F&I

Outer Banks
First Name
LANDIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F-150 PLATINUM & 20 EXPLORER ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My problem isn't B&O, it's the cost to get there keeping things you want (MGV, etc.). Would be perfect for me.

Can't get it in BD or lower. Let's jump up to a BL High for 7k. Wait, B&O is in Lux. Add another 2300.

So if you value B&O you're adding 10k, and I'll be honest, nothing in Lux stands out beyond adaptive cruise (that I don't need), heated wheel, (like) and a garage door opener that should be standard.

So here we are. I guess I do my own upgrades that are probably around 1k. It just sucks I have to sink money into something new because they don't have packages, they have tiers.
What would be nice is if more items could be ordered À-la-cart! Instead they have forced you to buy crap you don’t need or will never use…. Unfortunate.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What would be nice is if more items could be ordered À-la-cart! Instead they have forced you to buy crap you don’t need or will never use…. Unfortunate.
They're making the moonroof stand alone on the Bronco Sport for 22. I guess there's hope for some changes.