Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added this to my Badlands Lux B&O system,
it woke it up big time, honestly, I think the 300 watt 12" would have been more than enough but I am happy with the outcome I got from the 500 watt 12"' setup and it is a nice and easy do it yourself upgrade.
Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P500-12P 500 Watt / 12" Powered Ported Subwoofer System : Electronics
Problem is...for those of us who don't want to take up valuable space in the rear cargo area, this doesn't work.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is...for those of us who don't want to take up valuable space in the rear cargo area, this doesn't work.
It unplugs easy and there are many other options available, for me it works perfect

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It in un plugs easy and there are many other options available, for me it works perfect
Nice idea, where/how do you plug this into the system? Would be helpful to know as I may go this route too.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice idea, where/how do you plug this into the system? Would be helpful to know as I may go this route too.
I tapped it in to the existing sub wires (2 channels) and used the high level inputs I have the gain all the way down and it rocks the whole truck like I said before you could go with the 8 or 10” model and it would probably be fine.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tapped it in to the existing sub wires (2 channels) and used the high level inputs I have the gain all the way down and it rocks the whole truck like I said before you could go with the 8 or 10” model and it would probably be fine.
Great, thanks for the tips. So, based on your satisfaction, this is about all the upgrades you feel it needs? I know it's cold out now (in most parts but I see your in Fl so probably do not have that problem ;) ), but I am curious if you've tried it out at highway speeds with top back or off, etc. I feel B&O is fine with top on (of course like anything a little improvement wouldn't hurt) but when I drove a couple of times with top down it had a hard time getting over wind noise.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't given up hope that an upgrade to the B&O speaker (powered by the factory amp) won't do the job. The trick is to find an 8" dual voice coil, 4 ohm woofer that is fairly efficient. This Kicker could fit that bill if the mounting depth is fine. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CWCD84/Kicker-44CWCD84.html?tp=68848

I would add some dampening fill to raise the Vas (essentially the "apparent volume" of the woofer enclosure). The SoundsGood guys did this with another Ford build and got another 20%` equivalent volume from the woofer.

I have added amps to several builds throughout the years. I'm protective of the cargo area volume in the Bronco. Also, I'm liking the idea of the slide out cargo area for tailgating and camping---if Ford doesn't sell an aftermarket version, I will build one myself.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, thanks for the tips. So, based on your satisfaction, this is about all the upgrades you feel it needs? I know it's cold out now (in most parts but I see your in Fl so probably do not have that problem ;) ), but I am curious if you've tried it out at highway speeds with top back or off, etc. I feel B&O is fine with top on (of course like anything a little improvement wouldn't hurt) but when I drove a couple of times with top down it had a hard time getting over wind noise.
I really want to improve the rear speakers too; I am going to wait a while until someone comes out with a powered soundbar that is made for the B&O system and I really think the current non powered one by JBL is ok but not going to give me the sound (with the top completely off) that I am looking for.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious if anyone has any quick info here. I used to be big into audio, especially in the vehicles, but the last decade+ I haven't paid much attention. I am curious how hard it would be to add something like this to the B&O system.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108BASSLS2/Infinity-BassLink-SM-2.html?tp=114

It says it needs a 10-gauge wiring kit, I'm assuming that is this-

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_007CK10/Crutchfield-CK10.html

One of the reasons I ordered the B&O was because I purposefully didn't want to be tearing up my new , fancy, expensive truck and rewiring stuff - I suck at wires. If it's a relatively simply installation maybe I would be interested. If not, I probably wouldn't mess with it. Thanks!

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't given up hope that an upgrade to the B&O speaker (powered by the factory amp) won't do the job. The trick is to find an 8" dual voice coil, 4 ohm woofer that is fairly efficient. This Kicker could fit that bill if the mounting depth is fine. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CWCD84/Kicker-44CWCD84.html?tp=68848

I would add some dampening fill to raise the Vas (essentially the "apparent volume" of the woofer enclosure). The SoundsGood guys did this with another Ford build and got another 20%` equivalent volume from the woofer.

I have added amps to several builds throughout the years. I'm protective of the cargo area volume in the Bronco. Also, I'm liking the idea of the slide out cargo area for tailgating and camping---if Ford doesn't sell an aftermarket version, I will build one myself.
Good idea. A day ago I was confused on the B&O setup and wouldn't have thought this would work since I incorrectly thought the factory amp in the back was crossing out the bass for pods and woofer, which now I know wouldn't make sense. I had no idea it was only powering the subwoofer. So as long as the factory amp is delivering full range sound, a dual voice coil setup like you suggest could improve bass to treble frequencies with less distortion. Hopefully more will comment that this route works.

Sponsored

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty good review. Listen with headphones for best experience.

I've had the Bronco Badlands/SAS/Lux for two weeks now, LOVE IT. But if I had to pick 1 thing to bitch about, we weren't that impressed with the BO system and eagerly waiting for a blueprint for and easy swap ASAP with better components....UNTIL.....

....I read a couple days ago on a Bronco forum somewhere "if you are listening on XM/Sirius yes it does suck, but uncompressed downloaded music on your phone sounds great".

Didn't buy it until I finally got around to it today, fired up my Apple Music Playlist and GODDAMN they are right!!!!! Sounds WAAAYYYY better than it sounds on Sirius. Before I would have gave it a 2 out of 10....now its bumped to a solid 7 or 8. All my other vehicles Sirius and my downloaded music sounds the same, not in the Bronco by a country mile. Wonder if it has anything to do with bad Sirius signals others are complaining about in our trucks?

I will still be looking to upgrade the system when some "experts" figure it out, but not nearly in the same hurry I was this morning!!!!

Sirius for News, Sports, Casual Music Listening
Apple Music on my phone for better sounding music.

Merry Christmas
-Jerry

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Couple of new videos interviewing B&O engineers from Harman. Then after that look for a link that has listening training that Harman has made available.

Those looking to upgrade…do your own listening. Your hearing and music tastes just may not be the same as others.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good idea. A day ago I was confused on the B&O setup and wouldn't have thought this would work since I incorrectly thought the factory amp in the back was crossing out the bass for pods and woofer, which now I know wouldn't make sense. I had no idea it was only powering the subwoofer. So as long as the factory amp is delivering full range sound, a dual voice coil setup like you suggest could improve bass to treble frequencies with less distortion. Hopefully more will comment that this route works.
There is still plenty of unknowns about the factory DSP settings on the B&O. People are reporting that the rear pods are getting no lower frequencies and there is no sign of a passive high pass filtered (bass blocker) on these speakers. Previous Ford B&O systems have bass rolloffs on some of the amped speakers. Given that Ford/B&O have never shared these details on previous models, this will be a trial and error exercise. It makes sense to me that using higher efficiency woofers (both for the kick panels and the sub) will provide more bass at lower head unit volume settings.
If you hold onto cars like I do (current one is 15 years old) the factory drivers are going to sound bad in a couple years anyway. Might as well spend a few hundred bucks on speaker replacements. If that doesn't satisfy, adding after market amps is the next step in the journey.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had the Bronco Badlands/SAS/Lux for two weeks now, LOVE IT. But if I had to pick 1 thing to bitch about, we weren't that impressed with the BO system and eagerly waiting for a blueprint for and easy swap ASAP with better components....UNTIL.....

....I read a couple days ago on a Bronco forum somewhere "if you are listening on XM/Sirius yes it does suck, but uncompressed downloaded music on your phone sounds great".

Didn't buy it until I finally got around to it today, fired up my Apple Music Playlist and GODDAMN they are right!!!!! Sounds WAAAYYYY better than it sounds on Sirius. Before I would have gave it a 2 out of 10....now its bumped to a solid 7 or 8. All my other vehicles Sirius and my downloaded music sounds the same, not in the Bronco by a country mile. Wonder if it has anything to do with bad Sirius signals others are complaining about in our trucks?

I will still be looking to upgrade the system when some "experts" figure it out, but not nearly in the same hurry I was this morning!!!!

Merry Christmas
-Jerry
Bad source or not, I promise you that replacing the speakers was a night and day difference. It's almost as good as my GF's Honda CR-V EX-L 180w 8 speaker system after upgrading the left/right front and back speakers, next up is the center and kick panel speakers. I am leaving the sub for last.

Additional information: I did a frequency sweep test from 20-200 Hz, the rear pods had signal from approximately 150 Hz and above on the B&O system.

Last edited:

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Merry Christmas
-Jerry
I hate the quality of Sirius, my wife listens to it all the time and on whatever system I listen to it on it sounds like trash.
Sponsored