Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry.... I'm back. Does anyone have pics of their bass volume knob install? I'm assuming I've got to pull up the center console?
I ran it from back down passenger side, don't need to remove center console at all. Ran it under passenger footwells carpet and then behind center to driver side...at that point the panel seams are loose enough to just tuck wire in. Easy peasy.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's some pics after wire clean up. If you hadn't seen my post on my onboard air already - yes I know - I have issues. For some reason I totally spaced and never took pics of the speakers in their new homes. But here's the nuts and bolts stuff.

Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ PXL_20240309_022545623
Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ PXL_20240309_024739671
Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ PXL_20240309_151452381
Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ PXL_20240311_011040910
Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ PXL_20240311_011103233

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I did my full install with the exact same components as OP and here is my review:

At say 22 volume and below: 8/10. Above 22 volume: 6/10. I like to jam out and the lack of volume at max level is definitely disappointing (and 100% a result of there only being 2x 4" speakers in the back). There are highs for days, but it needs more mids and 1000% needs depth. Personally I couldn't tell the rear speakers were even there until I biased the fade a bit. Are they louder then factory, absolutely, but with the added volume up front, the sound stage is still way, way off.

I will absolutely be adding on to this install.

Next step will be to move the 4" Focals up front and add the Mabett 6.5" pods with Focal ACX 165 speakers. We'll see where that gets me. I think there is a 65% chance I'll need more power to run those speakers so I expect I'll need to add a Kicker Key 200.4 as well. If I do need to add the amp, I plan to initially just run the rear 6.5" speakers only on it.

So if anyone is looking for 4" JL C1, I will have 3 for sale soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, so I did my full install with the exact same components as OP and here is my review:

At say 22 volume and below: 8/10. Above 22 volume: 6/10. I like to jam out and the lack of volume at max level is definitely disappointing (and 100% a result of there only being 2x 4" speakers in the back). There are highs for days, but it needs more mids and 1000% needs depth. Personally I couldn't tell the rear speakers were even there until I biased the fade a bit. Are they louder then factory, absolutely, but with the added volume up front, the sound stage is still way, way off.

I will absolutely be adding on to this install.

Next step will be to move the 4" Focals up front and add the Mabett 6.5" pods with Focal ACX 165 speakers. We'll see where that gets me. I think there is a 65% chance I'll need more power to run those speakers so I expect I'll need to add a Kicker Key 200.4 as well. If I do need to add the amp, I plan to initially just run the rear 6.5" speakers only on it.

So if anyone is looking for 4" JL C1, I will have 3 for sale soon.
It’s the best you’re gonna do with tiny speakers. You think it’s bright now, the Focals up front will make your ears bleed at 22.

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ IMG_4921

Can anyone tell me what this is? I don’t have this. Also curious what those three connectors are for to the right of the yellow circle if anyone knows.
I think I figured it out. This looks to be the Hoss 2.0 module for the auto adjustable gas shocks. I don't have Hoss 2.0 so I'm in the clear to install my WeBoost amp here. 👍

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I figured it out. This looks to be the Hoss 2.0 module for the auto adjustable gas shocks. I don't have Hoss 2.0 so I'm in the clear to install my WeBoost amp here. 👍
FYI The box with three connectors is the tow module. The HOSS 2.0 shocks are not electronically adjustable.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI The box with three connectors is the tow module. The HOSS 2.0 shocks are not electronically adjustable.
Good to know. I'll keep clear of those in
The box I have circled or the three connectors to the right of what I have circled?

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good to know. I'll keep clear of those in

The box I have circled or the three connectors to the right of what I have circled?
The connectors are definitely for the tow harness.

Hey, @flip, could you please let us know what this module is for?

Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ 1710354331355-4o

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&O sound system complete upgrade - Done ✅ 1710354331355-4o
The part number on the black box indicates it’s something for hoss 2.0. I just wanted to make sure you were referencing the set of three connectors as part of the tow package. I’ll avoid getting in the way of those since I’ll probably add tow package at some point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1710354331355-4o.png
Yes the three connectors to the right are for the tow module I do not have. If you know what your looking at, you can tell I tapped into them for my Curt tow harness.

Not sure what the module circled is for, I seem to remember thinking some wireless sensors were connected, like for keyless entry or or the TPMS, but I could be thinking of one of the other modules back there. Been a while.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to take a second and modify my post install review. I've had a few more days to dial things in and I would say 8/10 volume under 22, 7.5/10 volume over 22.

The big difference for me was garbage in, garbage out. I normally run my input off of Spotify and I'll search and play songs off of YouTube sometimes. The sound quality of YouTube is complete trash. Spotify CAN have high quality input but you have to mess with the settings. Turn off "Normalize Volume" and set the streaming audio quality to the highest possible setting rather than "Automatic". Made a HUGE difference. Sound quality and level is greatly increased, even had to back it off 30 on a few songs. I'm going to take my testing a bit further and put some of my lossless files on a USB and play them.

I still think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to the larger rear pods because I want it to be even louder to account for when I take my top and doors off. I want to fear 30 with my top on.

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want to take a second and modify my post install review. I've had a few more days to dial things in and I would say 8/10 volume under 22, 7.5/10 volume over 22.

The big difference for me was garbage in, garbage out. I normally run my input off of Spotify and I'll search and play songs off of YouTube sometimes. The sound quality of YouTube is complete trash. Spotify CAN have high quality input but you have to mess with the settings. Turn off "Normalize Volume" and set the streaming audio quality to the highest possible setting rather than "Automatic". Made a HUGE difference. Sound quality and level is greatly increased, even had to back it off 30 on a few songs. I'm going to take my testing a bit further and put some of my lossless files on a USB and play them.

I still think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to the larger rear pods because I want it to be even louder to account for when I take my top and doors off. I want to fear 30 with my top on.
Good point, and one that often gets overlooked these days. Reminds me of a guy around here who was doing a "expert level review" and his source audio was SiriusXM :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😂

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to take my testing a bit further and put some of my lossless files on a USB and play them.
You should have a noticeably better sound by using a USB drive vs Spotify. The thing to be careful of is the type of media you are using. I had an older 400GB sd card that worked fine in my lossless portable player, but when i tried it in the Bronco, it would get about a minute into a song, then crap out, with songs in a few different formats.

Using a newer card I had sitting around that was a video class seems to have fixed that problem though, so not sure if others have had similar issues, but keep that in mind when testing.
Sponsored