First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fiesta Ford of Indio called me and confirmed itā€™s the fuel pump. New pump assembly ordered today and will be there by tomorrow. I asked if they are replacing the fuel pump module as well. The lady said yes it comes with the . Hopefully thatā€™s true, because I donā€™t want to have to experience another fuel pump issue for at least 5 years.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
True but everyone acts like this is uniquely a Ford problem. It sucks but they don't make the pump.
They make the vehicle and are responsible for it as long as it is under warranty. They provide the requirements to the pump manufacturer (or manufacturers) and their engineer team qualifies the final pump before production. They also frequently audit the supplier. I used to work for a Ford supplier in Mexico.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 with 505 miles on it. Poor fuel pump gave up from neglect. :p

I had that much the first weekend.
It's going to be different with the new one installed, time to make up for lost time :devilish:

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So correct me if I am wrong but you had left fuel in the car for a year and a half just sitting there?

Could that not be the cause of the issue you experienced?

seeing only 505 miles that's roughly a tank and a half of fuel.

OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So correct me if I am wrong but you had left fuel in the car for a year and a half just sitting there?

Your correct, however I used AMSOIL Fuel Stablizer to treat the fuel and ran the engine from time to time to keep things moving. Prior to leaving on the 5hr drive, the fuel was at about 3/8 of a tank and I put in Shell Premium fuel, changed oil, and then refueled again after about 3 hrs of driving. The Bronco ran amazing with Whipple Stage 1 kit installed, had the tune uploaded right prior to leaving to Coachella. BIG DIFFERENCE in drivability. Shift points were super on point and Whipple just came out with a revised tune that upped the performance.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your correct, however I used AMSOIL Fuel Stablizer to treat the fuel and ran the engine from time to time to keep things moving. Prior to leaving on the 5hr drive, the fuel was at about 3/8 of a tank and I put in Shell Premium fuel, changed oil, and then refueled again after about 3 hrs of driving. The Bronco ran amazing with Whipple Stage 1 kit installed, had the tune uploaded right prior to leaving to Coachella. BIG DIFFERENCE in drivability. Shift points were super on point and Whipple just came out with a revised tune that upped the performance.
Yeah I figured you had to do some preventative maintenance but had to ask.

Sometimes it is just a shitty draw of a losing hand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I figured you had to do some preventative maintenance but had to ask.

Sometimes it is just a shitty draw of a losing hand.
Love the Bronco, I knew going in that the two things I have not upgraded and were an issue for leaving me stranded were the 2.7 valve issue Engine Julian date is 211 and the fuel pump. I even was going to do a cut-out for the Fuel pump when I had the fuel tank lowered to the ground for the rear upper link upgrade. The tank is easy to lower when you have it on a driveway and two good jacks, but I decided to wait for a professional access door kit to be made before cutting into my floorboard.

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I've left multiple Jeeps in garages for 2+ years each without any fuel stabilizer or anything. None had any issues with any of the fuel system. They started up and drove fine when put into back into use. Fuel doesn't automatically go bad in vehicles. Small engines and boats I've definitely had that be the case, but not cars.

OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have trust issues with other people working on my vehicle. Also wanted to see if a valve was going to drop since the vehicle would be going into shock being finally driven. Coachella was a great test run to see what I needed to iron out before getting on the trails. Hereā€™s my baby
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco left me stranded at Coachella Car Camping 83202015-F191-4251-A93E-4C650B292AB0

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got so tired of people asking how much you spent on mods, that you advertise it on the windshield?!?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco left me stranded at Coachella Car Camping 1682360439625

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got so tired of people asking how much you spent on mods, that you advertise it on the windshield?!?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco left me stranded at Coachella Car Camping 1682360439625

maybe its the different categories for a car show lol
Sponsored