First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After about a year and four months modding the Bronco her first trip was to Coachella for car camping. Yesterday mid day while running the AC the Bronco just stalled. It puttered as if being fuel starved. When attempting to restart it is very hesitant but will fire up only to immediately stall again. Check fuel inj fuse and all is good. I believe it’s the fuel pump. Need to get home today. Got to get a tow truck to tow to a road and then Ford roadside assistance can tow to the nearest dealer. Wife is now very unhappy with trusting the Bronco for trail use.
Sponsored

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonder if someone might have put something in your tank.

OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wonder if someone might have put something in your tank.
Thought about that, checked for any residue substance to validate that concern. Didn’t see anything suspicious. Ford should have made the fuel door lockable.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah sounds like the fuel pump issue. How many miles were on your Bronco?

Sponsored

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same same. 22 Sas died going down the interstate last week. New fuel pump and fuel control module fixed it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the dreaded fuel pump. I get my balls broke for not going off-road yet, but water/mud take out the alternators and the fuel pumps are shit. I'll be pissed when either one of them shits the bed on the road, let alone being trapped out in the middle of BFE.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
"After about a year and four months modding the Bronco her first trip was to Coachella for car camping."

Is this for real?
Very real... Amazing that Ford can't figure out a fuel pump after over 100 years of building cars!

OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah sounds like the fuel pump issue. How many miles were on your Bronco?
505 miles, checked the fuel pump fuse and the inj fuse both were good. Ambient temperature was 104
Degrees and the vehicle was being used to keep my wife cool as she got ready in the Bronco. Anyway, glad it happened at Coachella than a trail. Had to pay for a private tow truck company that has access rights into the event and then towed it to Walmart to have Ford Road Side Assistance take it the rest of the way.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually stopped at TKB Bakery off the I-10 in Coachella last Friday, on the way from AZ to Malibu for my son’s college graduation, forgetting it was Coachella weekend. My goodness the women and the outfits!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually stopped at TKB Bakery off the I-10 in Coachella last Friday, on the way from AZ to Malibu for my son’s college graduation, forgetting it was Coachella weekend. My goodness the women and the outfits!
You were hoping your Bronco's fuel pump would "break" too?

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

505 miles, checked the fuel pump fuse and the inj fuse both were good. Ambient temperature was 104
Degrees and the vehicle was being used to keep my wife cool as she got ready in the Bronco. Anyway, glad it happened at Coachella than a trail. Had to pay for a private tow truck company that has access rights into the event and then towed it to Walmart to have Ford Road Side Assistance take it the rest of the way.
She really can't complain about the heat since Coachella is on par with the burners, listening to shitty music in the desert 🤷‍♂️

Back to topic, the temperature control module on mine needed to be reprogramed since it was not responding to commands. I could only force the AC to kick on if it was set to max cooling.

OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"After about a year and four months modding the Bronco her first trip was to Coachella for car camping."

Is this for real?
Yes it is, don’t have a lot of personal time to work on my Bronco and along with how long it takes to get aftermarket parts I waited on average 3-4 months for each major modification. Also aftermarket compatibility issues required my own fabrication and work arounds.
Sponsored