North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We can always count on a certain few to rip every new piece of info to shreds.
There are two camps at Ford, those that know the customers who bleed Ford blue would never say a bad word about Ford, regardless of what they do, design or the materials they put out.

The second camp within Ford, knows they need to expand their customer reach as they have to replace 46% of their customers every year. This camp is losing the battle within Ford as the old guard marketing continues to put out inaccurate material without spending an extra penny on staff to check the technical content or proof read.

Brand Loyalty: Ford (54.3%)
Brand Loyalty Increasing among New-Vehicle Buyers, J.D. Power Finds

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Fredz

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Santa Fe and 2014 Excape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This certainly helps to confuse me regarding the "true" color of the cactus gray. The posting on this site a couple of days ago indicated there was no green or blue hint to the color and the photo showed it was almost a battleship gray. Now this publication from Ford seems to contradict. Really need to see one in person.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This certainly helps to confuse me regarding the "true" color of the cactus gray. The posting on this site a couple of days ago indicated there was no green or blue hint to the color and the photo showed it was almost a battleship gray. Now this publication from Ford seems to contradict. Really need to see one in person.
trust me, although you have no reason to, it's battleship grey. those who see tinges or hints of blue or green have been watching too many Bob Ross re-runs.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As someone who works in marketing... I have a rant to go on.... please feel free to ignore

it’s sincerely unbelievable how bad these people are at their jobs. My team would have been let go and made an example of so, so long ago by any other client of this magnitude. There are hundreds of talented marketing firms that would be lined up for this type of gig.

This is FORD, a national car manufacturer, top of one of the most coveted industry verticals for marketers (automotive) with millions of dollars in ad spend every year, launching a performance-oriented marquee product with all new features that is highly competitive and specially targeted, and they just blow it week after week! It’s like they’re not even trying. The website, the published materials, the graphic design. the poorly edited videos, the blatantly incorrect information, all of it is terrible.

It’s not even like its just a case of bad or poorly designed materials and copy (which they certainly are for a variety of reasons) - but on top of that they are marketing false and incorrect information repeatedly while consumers are trying to take one of the largest purchase journeys of their life.

Okay one slip up or color change here or there, fine, it’s a new car. But they can’t even get the packages and features listed correctly a month after people have already started placing orders. Im telling you, it’s mind boggling! One of my most junior employees could have caught these mistakes with their eyes closed.

I mean someone is clearly getting paid to do absolutely nothing, and is producing these materials at the last minute without cross-referencing anything.

I’m honestly just in disbelief at this point. It’s embarrassing. Like how do they tweet the correct new color of a car, tweet a corrected rendered image of the new color, and then a week later produce new materials with the old color? Like how does this get approved?

It can only be chalked up to a complete lack of regard for the work. So many examples of this I just don’t even know what to say. They are botching what could have been one of the most iconic automotive launches in recent history. They’ve been planning this for like 16 years. It’s shameful. And they’ll play it off as ”secretive” or “it’s covid” - bullshit there are marketing teams executing quality work everywhere.

The only possible explanation is “red tape” Where they wait weeks for Ford to approve materials and by the time it’s gone all the way through Ford it’s too late to correct mistakes. Even if that’s the case, it’s a poor excuse for a top firm. Managing expectations and adhering to guidelines is the entire job.

as someone on the other end of the deal in the consumer position, wanting to spend $50k on a 1st year model, I am bewildered by how difficult and frustrating this experience has been.

if it wasn’t for this forum and the dedicated people here, I am positive I would end up being unhappy with my purchase due to incomplete or false information. I can only imagine how many people are having (or will have when the vehicle they did not want is delivered) a poor experience that are not on this website.

End rant:
Yours it is not a rant, it is fact, thank you.

On one product line I worked on I was the Engineering contact for the Marketing group. I reviewed all material for technical content and capabilities. I saw time and again where marketing would take our technical data and slice it up where it did not make sense. I would then have to edit the material to communicate the correct story.

It is clear Ford does not have nor want this type of relationship with the technical people nor do they have the budget for editors or proof readers.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Telenav technology relies on stored maps in conjunction with the GPS location signal. The GPS satelite signal only contains time and position data, it does not transmit any other data such as traffic.

Maps Off the Beaten Path: Telenav®, Ford Navigation Tech Keeps Routing Even When F-150, Bronco Off-Roaders Exit Cell Coverage
For some reason, when I read this article https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/2...connected-even-outside-of-cellular-range/amp/ I took it to imply that this hybrid nav tech from Telenav was somehow providing additional data via the GPS receiver. I was surprised, but that's nothing unusual. But reading it again, I agree that it's referring to the combo of GPS from Telenav and the cell based services.

Weird to me that all these articles are acting like this is some new thing, when it just means the vehicle has real GPS.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How do you select or not select the MOLLE on the back of the seat in a First Edition? This document says it’s an option.
And what about the Molly system being available on the first edition but apparently not standard?

DD0FDFCE-6B8E-4FBB-ABEE-ECE49B347398.jpeg
MOLLE panels only come with the Black Onyx Leather interior. If you get Navy Pier no MOLLE panels.

Source: Dealer Order Guide. Note the “5” on the First Edition Black Onyx Leather in the chart below. See note at bottom of page.

Its also worth noting that only Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition can even get the MOLLE panels on the seats.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Packaging Guide CE7BE267-68D1-4D74-98A0-41276773C925

Last edited:

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MOLLE panels only come with the Black Onyx Leather interior. If you get Navy Pier no MOLLE panels.

Source: Dealer Order Guide. Note the “5” on the First Edition Black Onyx Leather in the chart below. See note at bottom of page.

Its also worth noting that only Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition can even get the MOLLE panels on the seats.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Packaging Guide CE7BE267-68D1-4D74-98A0-41276773C925
Thank you. So strange how they hide and do things....

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if it wasn’t for this forum and the dedicated people here, I am positive I would end up being unhappy with my purchase due to incomplete or false information. I can only imagine how many people are having (or will have when the vehicle they did not want is delivered) a poor experience that are not on this website.

End rant:
I'm in a Bronco facebook group that I've seen how bad it's going to be for the layperson trying to order. I'm certain they will either end up with something they didn't want or give up after they find out it will be two years before they can get one. Especially folks who see one in real life and didn't know about all the behind the scenes build up. Hell 90% of the general public thinks the Bronco Sport is the new Bronco.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still looking for the ‘auto included for free when adding the 2.7 engine’
I blame this site for that disappearing. So many people we SO SURE it was a mistake, Ford saw an easy opportunity to make an extra $1800 on the auto. It was a win-win for them. More money, and hardly anyone did anything but briefly complain, claim "I knew it", and continued to place orders.
Sponsored