Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same decision to make, Drove home with the Black Badlands-SAS and couldn’t be happier.. I rock crawl a lot, so the Swaybar disconnect was my deciding factor.. I have since beefed up my steering rack on my 23.. Both great choices, all depends on how you will mostly use it.. If I only went off road 3-4 X per year I would have went Wildtrak, but I go 12-20 so made me choice on that..

Rdperez9412

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This. If I do aftermarket bash plates and rock rails, am I missing anything but the disconnect? In effect, it's a slightly upgraded Badlands? Or am I missing something about the Badlands?
hoss 3.0 has the steering rack from the raptor also. i think the wildtrack is more bang for your buck by far. acfab has a manual disconnect that seems pretty good (need to do more research on it). i'd go that route all day

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those trying to do the price/logic thing, need to factor resale as well. Can't predict the future, but the past is a good indicator. 2021 Badlands 4 door, $54,525 (NADA retail), Add V6 $1675, Sasquatch $1950 total $58150 Wildtrak Retail $59,850, so there's that in the Wildtraks favor.

I had a 22 Badlands V6 2 door, and now have a 23 Wildtrak 2 door, with comparable options. I prefer the black grill and trim in the Wildtrak, Badlands Marine Vinyl is better than the leather, I don't need sway disconnect, but missing button bothers me. Fox shoxs are definitely softer, but not sure if I like or dislike that, but it is noticeable.

I also preferred the Badlands interior, but that would vary with color, had a Cyb Orange 22 and the yellow stitching on black vinyl with yellow trim looked great, My 23 Wildtrak is Race Red and the Blue trim with tan dash with red paint showing through the doors, is a lot to take in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ADM is still a thing?

OP
OP

aknavy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ADM is still a thing?
For on lot higher trim models, it is in most places. I've been looking for two months and have called alot of dealers. It ranges from $2500 - $15000, negotiable of course. Texas and Michigan dealers are the most reasonable that I've found, west coast the least. A few sell at MSRP but don't have the version I want. Most are happy to take an order at MSRP.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This!
A lot of people dismiss the ride of the HOSS3.0 that haven’t drove one. “Just add shocks” 😑
I felt the on road difference was night and day between the Badlands and the Wildtrack, tracked down a Wildtrack at MSRP and I’m super happy with my choice.
Picked up my Badlands SAS a few weeks ago and honest question here as I'm relatively new to all of this: what component of the Hoss 3.0 is the distinguishing factor that makes the ride softer if it's not the shocks? And does changing that component (or switching a Badlands entirely to Hoss 3.0 parts) meaningfully sacrifice any offroading capability?

FWIW, I have really been enjoying the Badlands and think it's behaved pretty admirably on and off road so far (freeways especially). My only "gripe" is that the ride over poorly paved roads is a bit harsh. I could live with that when I'm offroading, but would be nicer to have something a bit more compliant for daily commutes that also doesn't sacrifice performance. Maybe that's exactly what Hoss 3.0 does?

fordbroncowildtrak2023

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hoss 3.0 has the steering rack from the raptor also. i think the wildtrack is more bang for your buck by far. acfab has a manual disconnect that seems pretty good (need to do more research on it). i'd go that route all day
I have the ACFab manual disconnects but I've been keeping them disconnected all the time. I think the ride is even more comfortable on road as well as off road. With the rear stabilizer bar, I don't get scary body roll going around corners. Definitely more than when they are connected but it doesn't seem bad.

...My 23 Wildtrak is Race Red and the Blue trim with tan dash with red paint showing through the doors, is a lot to take in.
I've been making changes from the blue to red in my Wildtrak. The grab handles can be purchased in red; grab handles on CJ Pony Parts. I changed out the vent clips to red; vent clips on Etsy. The stitching in the seat is barely noticeable with these other changes.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it was all about off roading, so standard off-road crap was paramount, plus I wanted a manual... for what you seem to be interested in, I'd probably go WT and upgrade as needed. I wanted the marine grade vinyl, washout interior, electronic swaybar, and a stick. I'm also a huge fan of Bilstein although Fox is obviously an amazing brand as well... just for me the BL was the easy choice.

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the badlands gets a steel rear bumper instead of the plastic, unless you get the modular front bumper (again, I believe this is how it works due to weight). Probably the best configuration would be a badlands with the fox hoss 3.0 shocks and upgraded steering rack if you're feeling spendy. That was my plan before i found my 22 wildtrak, and i'd still like to upgrade to the fox shocks.
Much easier to add sway bar disconnect than it would be to swap all of those steering and suspension components. Not to mention you are throwing money away because it would just be cheaper to get that stuff equipped from factory.

khill007

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 23 Wildtrak and as someone has probably mentioned already in this thread, the HOSS 3.0 package is “much more” than just throwing on Fox shocks. You get numerous steering and control arm upgrades. Believe they are off the Braptor?!? I drove a Badlands without HOSS and to be quite honest, it was like driving a Pinto vs. a Rolls Royce. Just my observation. That is all.

OP
OP

aknavy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have 23 Wildtrak and as someone has probably mentioned already in this thread, the HOSS 3.0 package is “much more” than just throwing on Fox shocks. You get numerous steering and control arm upgrades. Believe they are off the Braptor?!? I drove a Badlands without HOSS and to be quite honest, it was like driving a Pinto vs. a Rolls Royce. Just my observation. That is all.
That's quite the comparison! Yeah, I think the steering is the same as the Braptor, stronger than the rest.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are $3k apart in price. But that will be eaten up by adding sliders/armor/tow reciever on the Wildtrak, so really they are the same. The Wildtrak is 150 miles away, and the Badlands is 1800 miles away. The Badlands is black on black, my wife's preferred color, and the Wildtrak is red. I hate keeping black clean.
Black looks slicker than owl s*** when it's clean. Red's not far off but when it comes to vehicles that are going to get scratched. I prefer white, Doesn't show dents and scratches and the only time I have to wash it is when it rains. That being said, I didn't have the opportunity to choose my color, I bought used with 300 mi on it

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model