Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really wanting to run some trails in MOAB, but I would like to go in a small group. I have reserved a room in Grand Junction Co, if we don't run MOAB we may just hit some trails in the surrounding area that are relatively safe for a single rig to run.
Feel free to join if any of those previously mentioned trails interest you. Again, would like to keep us <15 to keep it manageable on the trails I'll be leading.
Onion Creek would be the exception to me leading a large group 🤠
Sponsored

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s the same reason side by sides get trails closed. They drive too damn fast through them and chew up trails being wreckless. I know ford commercials show the bronco blasting through the desert, but often times that’s a good way to get things shut down. As soon as things get wreckless they will be looking at us under a microscope. We aren’t Baja 1000 drivers, slow the hell down and respect the terrain.

Our hobby of off-roading is currently being scrutinized more than it ever has before, they will be looking at us, we CANNOT give them more reasons to shut trails down. Stop giving them a reason to point at us and say “see they are destroying the environment”

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At trail sign up the trail leader should be there and ask questions of people signing up. What experience they have, what equipment they have and so on. A good trail leader will not let someone go on a trail that is too tough for them or their equipment. The people who put on the event should explain that to trail leaders.
Then stay the hell away from Big Bear Bronco Bash. No one is going to spoon feed you there but they'll rip you when you can't keep up or keep your rig running ;)

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the official event, there are numerous experienced trail leaders who have run the trails multiple times & help as much as they can to keep a safe enjoinment for all. Unfortunately, last year there was some knuckle head on Hell's that was drunk/high or just a complete idiot that wasn't listening to anyone & doing his own thing. He ended up flopping in the Hot tub. Fortunately it was not the day I ran it :sneaky:. While each driver has to take into account their own experience & weigh the risk. Heck there were a few rigs that got wadded on the way to the event, so safe is relevant 🤠

With my offer to lead the trails I've listed, I'm confident in leading them with those I've wheeled with before (past Safari participants & old friends) when keeping the group small <15. I don't intended to lead 25+ vehicles running up & down the line on these trails. Drivers need to access their own abilities & research the trail ratings & accept come what may 🤠
Our run on Top of the World last year was great. I ran the Hells Revenge with Bronco Nation and there were too many vehicles and no one was keeping the other in their line of sight, so I got left behind a lot.

Definitely still down if it's a smaller group. Honestly that run, and us 6G folks was the best part of the week

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a good discussion on the Safari FB page. There I also learned that there was a big Nissan event, Gone Moab, that was not issued a 2023 permit and the appeal was lost, ending a 21 year run.

The reason given was weak, they didn't like the dates.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as Ford goes, trail turn assist is a nice marketing gimmick, but horrible on the trail. Talk about tearing up trails.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the reasons that the EJS fees are so high is that they pay the BLM to run the trails. I believe it is $ 5.00 per person per day. Plus the local club works with the BLM all year long, maintaining trails and cleaning up.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This won't make any friends here but the Gen 6 crowd ruined this. There's been years of this event with no problems getting the permit renewed for the next year. Sounds like there were a few Gen 6 at the event in 22' and then this year it was flooded with them and the county had enough as a result. Same thing happened at Super Celebration East, only there's no permit to renew. These folks and their behavior can be seen daily on FB, it was just a matter of time......

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a relative newbie who had a blast at Bronco Safari this year and was planning on returning next year. I have sympathy for the event organizers who, in the past, had a nice little event with heavily modified early Broncos and were suddenly blown up with an army of new Broncos and a very large event. It's almost unfair to judge this event on the first year it really became bigger than anyone was probably prepared for. I bet it took years to get the Jeepers event dialed in. Here's hoping everybody gets a second chance to make improvements.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This won't make any friends here but the Gen 6 crowd ruined this. There's been years of this event with no problems getting the permit renewed for the next year. Sounds like there were a few Gen 6 at the event in 22' and then this year it was flooded with them and the county had enough as a result. Same thing happened at Super Celebration East, only there's no permit to renew. These folks and their behavior can be seen daily on FB, it was just a matter of time......
That happens with any group and event. Hopefully the schmucks get thinned out and the even can happen again eventually. I wouldn't hold my breath for this year.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reasons that the EJS fees are so high is that they pay the BLM to run the trails. I believe it is $ 5.00 per person per day. Plus the local club works with the BLM all year long, maintaining trails and cleaning up.
Yep, fee's & insurance for such events continue to climb.

Any B6G Moab Meet up at the time if said event is cancelled will be just that, a meet up ;)

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a relative newbie who had a blast at Bronco Safari this year and was planning on returning next year. I have sympathy for the event organizers who, in the past, had a nice little event with heavily modified early Broncos and were suddenly blown up with an army of new Broncos and a very large event. It's almost unfair to judge this event on the first year it really became bigger than anyone was probably prepared for. I bet it took years to get the Jeepers event dialed in. Here's hoping everybody gets a second chance to make improvements.
So let me get this straight. You feel soory for the event organizers who although in complete control of the number of vehicles to allow in, failed to do so and let it get "blown up"? That's a novel approach when it comes to accountability. ;-)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Super Cell East was not an issue and that encompasses 900 Broncos. There were many large outings for 6g and I went out with Ford with a group of 25 and it was managed appropriately.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A microcosm of appropriate behavior and the discussion on Tread Lightly principles and how everyone's behavior impacts land management and events being held on public lands.

Here Bronco.World has 50k followers and poses the question of which driver you are A or B. The overall post has over a 1000 likes and many comments unabashedly celebrating the B option. I (Blue.Luna.Adventures) make the statement that A is the only correct answer. The owner/admin of Bronco.World then responds with a laughing emoji as if to mock the assertion that responsible trail riding is laughable. Whether they realize it or not, they have influence over their followers. It is a bad look for the Bronco brand even if the account is an unofficial presence.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super Cell East was not an issue and that encompasses 900 Broncos. There were many large outings for 6g and I went out with Ford with a group of 25 and it was managed appropriately.
Tell me what the average bronco attendance was prior to 2023? How many years have you attended?
Sponsored