Sponsored

2nd Thoughts about the Bronco Sport? - Will You Consider Switching from the Bronco?

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After seeing the videos, the Bronco Sport is more than capable of anything I will throw the Bronco at.

Two reasons I'm not even considering it though:
1) no removable roof
2) no manual transmission
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not here for compromise, so nope to the sport. I have an Explorer for that job.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm being honest the Sport has more than enough capability for what I'm going to be using the Bronco for. BUT it is missing three major things:
1) Manual trans
2) Open air experience
3) The looks

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was surprised how much I liked the sport during the reveal and everything that has come out since has only made it look even better in my eyes. It is a VERY sharp looking vehicle and seems more than capable off road. Looks even better with the small lift and the larger tires (NICE!!). That being said, its not changing my mind to get one instead of Big Bronco, even though I can get sooner and cheaper, but it is making me wish i had deep pockets so I could get one of each. I would not be disappointed if I had to get a Sport instead of Big Bronco. Could save a lot of money loading up a Sport Badlands, with lift and larger tires vs. the 4 door bronco badlands i'm planning on purchasing. So more to consider, sure, but i'm sticking with the Big Bronco.

When I start seeing them roaming my neighborhood months before I'll get my Bronco, I might think otherwise :)

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its more impressive than I thought i thought it would be and realistically speaking is probably the better choice for me,

But

I would not consider it though. The bronco since the leaks has occupied a spot in my head. I am now consumed by the removable roof and doors and its all or nothing for me now.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not enough style and brand cachet for the sport

If the bronco doesn't cut it for some reason I'm not considering any other ford products.

The real bronco is so cool it has people that wouldn't be caught dead in a ford considering buying a ford

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats gonna be a no from me, dawg.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not so much to reconsider the Big Bronco but consider adding a Sport as well. That cyber orange is looking to damn good, big question though is how I fit in the damn thing....
I'm in the same boat- I won't switch myself, but I'd look to add it to the stable once our second vehicle is ready to expire.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm, maybe.... Is there a two-door version? Doh! Nope! LOL

Good compelling write up OP, and yes the latest info and videos do show a very good looking, capable SUV that would NO DOUBT be a better vehicle for me in my intended usage (80% daily driver, 10% show car, 10% trail camping).

However, I'm not one to be sane when it comes to vehicles. The 'real' Bronco injects more passion and heritage into the equation in lieu of some practicality and added cost. I also enjoy modifying and installing add-ons, and although the Sport will have mods available too, the aftermarket for the big Bronco is going to be insane.

BTW, I still think the 'Bronco family' thing was/is a stupid marketing play, as I feel the Bronco Sport dilutes the impact/uniqueness of the 'heritage' Bronco, misses an opportunity for a new separate model line (call it a Ford Colt or something), and although they all share a similar front grill profile, they are *really* completely different vehicles which just confuses the hell out of the marketing message. Forever now, us Bronco-philes will constantly have to explain/ask/clarify to people "was it a new 2021 Bronco? or a 2021 Bronco Sport?". Just name the damn thing something other than Bronco Sport. Heck you can't even identify by year like in the old days. Sorry...../RANT OFF....for now!

That said, I would definitely consider it as a vehicle for my wife when it's time to retire her BMW X1. (So I guess their marketing trickery is working on me! LOL)

Last edited:

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im looking at buying the regular bronco for its nostalgia and four wheel drive capability. Love the option of the stick as well. I will be driving it before i order one, so if the onroad manners stink or the top is a rattle trap (regardless of how capable it is off road), then I'll be buying something else.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in the same boat- I won't switch myself, but I'd look to add it to the stable once our second vehicle is ready to expire.
That's still my plan, Bronco Badlands for me and maybe Bronco Sport for my wife when I need to replace her Subaru Forester, then we have both in the stable.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sport badlands looks good!! I get sick in cars and some trucks. I need a big truck or suv with a windshield that doesn’t slant to much. Basically my Fj, a jeep or a BRONCO works for me. So that’s a no.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mostly I appreciate the effort you put into this post. It was well thought out and executed. I think it's always healthy to reconsider old ideas with new information. We as humans would be better off if we approached all facets of our lives this way.

I'm mostly glad the Sport is so capable, because it helps keep value in the Bronco brand. If they slap Bronco on random crossovers, that will water down the brand - and with the big BRONCO on the front, they are building this as a brand, not just as a Ford. Much like Ram is it's own thing - kinda'.

To answer your question, no, my decision hasn't changed, but when people start getting some real prices on the big Bronco, there may be a lot more "maybes," in this bunch.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the way the Bronco Sport looks and I think it's pretty neat for what it is, but I am getting a Bronco to fight a Jeep Rubicon... the Bronco Sport just can't do that. Nothing against it, though!

If I had the money to get a big Bronco as a weekend/special occasion vehicle and build the crap out of it so it wasn't really ideal for daily driving, I would definitely consider a Bronco Sport as the daily driver. They appear to be extremely capable and, in my opinion, have a bit more testosterone than the new escapes.

I also can't lose the ability to pop the top and doors! I bought soft doors for my Wrangler just so I could throw them in the back and go doorless on my commute back from work. No doors is a must!
Sponsored