Sponsored

2nd Thoughts about the Bronco Sport? - Will You Consider Switching from the Bronco?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I won’t but I agree, the capability of the bronco sport is very high. If they had a hybrid option I’d buy both and use it as a daily.
Interesting point, I wonder if a Sport hybrid is in the works for 22, 23, etc.
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like Admin has said, I believe A LOT of people(Not Enthusiast) will be going to the dealerships to look at a Big Bronco and walk away with a Sport.
That is why I planned to go alone and buy the Bronco and Shock my Wife. That is what I did when I got my Mustang ? If I have not done it, she would have never allowed me to buy if I took her to the Showroom.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The new Escape is a car and got away from it's original intent of a small SUV. The Bronco Sport fills a niche, but it may be too small....it is even smaller than the Escape. But it will probably handle 99% of what an everyday 'Merican will throw at it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO, the Bronco Sport as part of Fords overall migration to nameplates representing lines of product (F-series, Mustang, now Bronco), allows Ford to drop the Escape, Flex and Edge. Hopefully Ford learned from the early 2000s that multiple name plates operating in the same area and only distinguishable by price is a bad GM-like model to follow.

The Sport isn't going to get me to leave my decision for the Bronco regardless of capabilities because it simply doesn't hit the spot the Bronco does. It's like saying "Why not buy a F150 over a F250", they just aren't the same in many ways.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is why I planned to go alone and buy the Bronco and Shock my Wife. That is what I did when I got my Mustang ? If I have not done it, she would have never allowed me to buy if I took her to the Showroom.
Lol luckily my wife loves Broncos, she has two, I only have one lol I think its time to even it a lil

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She has two already :oops:
Well technically she has one functioning and one that someone didn't like the way it looked and ran head first into it... which totaled it.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm currently daily driving (well I was before covid work from home) a 2017 Escape 65 miles a day. I always said I preferred the boxier style Escapes from around 2012 more than the current style. To me the Bronco Sport looks almost exactly like a 2012 Escape from the side. If that was the only new vehicle Ford was releasing then I'd probably grab one. But the Bronco is coming and I have my heart set on a 2 door. That all could change if the build & price shatters my Bronco dreams. I'd have to get inside a Sport to make a final decision. Haven't ruled it out, but most likely would get a Ranger if the Bronco didn't work out.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually think the more we've seen about the Bronco Sport, the more I like it. Although only the Badlands edition.

It would more than cover most anything I do off-road and after seeing the concept with the 1" lift and upgraded tires I think that looks really good too. (I always liked the look of the old Land Rover LR4s and I think the Bronco Sport looks a lot like those.)

With all that said, I won't drop down to it because I am in a position where I can get what I want, even if it's far beyond what I "need." And what I want is a 2-door Badlands with a manual. By the time I option it out, it will be way more than the Badlands Sport, and overkill for my "off-roading" but so be it. I want the manual and I want to be able to take off the roof.

broncobuster2550

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Sport is peppy and fun to drive on the road. I've always enjoyed my time driving them. I think it will make a terrific daily driver if you do not need nor want the truckiness of a big Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Sport is peppy and fun to drive on the road. I've always enjoyed my time driving them. I think it will make a terrific daily driver if you do not need nor want the truckiness of a big Bronco.
How would you compare the ride quality of the Sport Badlands to the Bronco 2-door and Bronco 4-door Badlands when using either of those for a daily driver?

dano0726

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reserved a Sport Badlands for Wifey -- I saw where the rear legroom for the Sport (37") was larger than the 4 Door Bronco (36.7")

Reactions: Wyo

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs