First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

Ideally I'd buy the Bronco and it fits my family, my dog and a few days worth of gear for heading into the back country. I don't think that is feasible, or realistic from everything I'm seeing with the Bronco. Interior cargo dimensions appear to be smaller than my 4Runner's, so I'd be taking a step backwards in that regard.

"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either. Buy a trailer? Possibly an option, but that 3500lbs tow capacity is a joke, and I don't know I want two trailers - one for my Yamaha Grizzly 700 and a camping trailer/gear hauler? The Bronco can't tow a big enough toy hauler/camper.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
#4 is really the only way to live.

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 1599081815851

RollTideFan

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta 2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

Ideally I'd buy the Bronco and it fits my family, my dog and a few days worth of gear for heading into the back country. I don't think that is feasible, or realistic from everything I'm seeing with the Bronco. Interior cargo dimensions appear to be smaller than my 4Runner's, so I'd be taking a step backwards in that regard.

"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either. Buy a trailer? Possibly an option, but that 3500lbs tow capacity is a joke, and I don't know I want two trailers - one for my Yamaha Grizzly 700 and a camping trailer/gear hauler? The Bronco can't tow a big enough toy hauler/camper.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
You my friend are on the verge of buying a school bus! Joking of course but in all reality it may not be a fit with a family of the size you have. Not my money to spend so I really don't have the information you probably need but best of luck with whatever choice you decide on!

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you end up taking two cars, just get the 2-dr. You and the dog in the Bronco. Problem solved (y)

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either.
Option 5) Buy a roof rack and a normal tent - scratch the RTT, it's not like all 5 of you and a dog would be able to fit in a RTT anyways. Worst case if you need even more storage get a hitch cargo carrier.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going from a super crew f150 to a bronco I have some of the same concerns about interior room. Also with some of the leaked package pricing from the surveys Im also concerned that the bronco the way I want it would be the same or close to a new f150. If it ends up in the mid 50k range why would not just go with another f150.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bronco is a small SUV. Too small, that’s going to be up for everyone to decide for their situation and needs. Definitely sounds too small for your needs to me, it could never be a primary or family vehicle for us. Go see a 4 door wrangler, should be about the same.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like you need an expedition. 5 people in a bronco seems to be pushing it a bit.
May be the 2021 Kia Sedona?

2022-kia-sedona-front-three-quarters-1597758565.jpg

2021-kia-carnival-interior.jpg

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's definitely a lot of cargo to expect to load into any vehicle that has some form of off-road capability. As much as I am not a Toyota fan, seems like a Sequoia is a decent option for you to have it all. A RTT will not fit all your family, and if you have a dog like mine, pondering how to get him into the tent seems like it would be interesting. So you'll be stuck with 2 tents anyway. I would sacrifice the idea of a RTT and audible to a roof rack for storage if you really want a Bronco. That's the best idea I can think of for you. I am looking into options for an "adventure trailer" or an off-road teardrop camper because a RTT on a lifted vehicle just seems like a PITA, as much as it would be "cool."