Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which weatherstripping?
The links are in the image, but here is a cut and paste of my Amazon review:

The biggest issue with this rack is that out of the box, it is very noisy. However, as suggested by another reviewer, I installed this on the bottom of the fairing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4NN1RMS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
It completely solved the noise issue.

Prior to that, I had inserted this into all the slots in the rails: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0999BMRVM?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
It seemed to make a small difference.

Now that I have solved the noise issue, I am happy with this rack.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The links are in the image, but here is a cut and paste of my Amazon review:

The biggest issue with this rack is that out of the box, it is very noisy. However, as suggested by another reviewer, I installed this on the bottom of the fairing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4NN1RMS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
It completely solved the noise issue.

Prior to that, I had inserted this into all the slots in the rails: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0999BMRVM?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
It seemed to make a small difference.

Now that I have solved the noise issue, I am happy with this rack.
Ah, perfect. I wonder if this would be a good alternative?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283854957504

5ft seems like it would be plenty.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the half rack and it made such a horrible noise, I took it off and tried to return it. No luck with that so it’s just sitting in my garage now. I imagine if you loaded a few things up there to break up the wind, it may cut down on it. It seriously was so bad, it hurt my kids ears.
Horrible time for a sales pitch, but if anyone in the Northern Virginia area wants it, hit me up.

yogi_stvl

Base
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll install mine after work today. The packaging was pretty beat, so I'm curious what I'm going to find or perhaps be missing when I open it all up.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. We get pretty bent over as it's a new vehicle and the competition hasn't fully bubbled yet.

Actually, it's super easy. I had them off last night on my way to/from the gym. At a red light, I did a pull up off of one of the cross bars while sitting in the driver's seat. Just got curious and it was too tempting to look up and see a monkey bar like a kid haha.

The only nuance to taking off the roof panel now is that you open the single big latch, pop the panel up out of the pin, and then close the big latch so it can slide out. Easy peasy.

Before, I'd just leave the big latch opened until I stored them in the back. That's pretty much it.
I assume you have not tried to get the middle panel off?

Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just a word of caution when buying from Hooke. Basically once you buy it, you’re stuck with it. I bought a half rack and while it looked great, it produced serious sound waves inside the cabin. I tried everything to fix it. I contacted the Hooke directly and their return policy is “You pay return shipping and there’s a 30% restocking fee”. That would have ran me 1/2 of the cost of the rack!

I decided to have my CC company handle it. I immediately got an email from Hooke telling me they’d credit me back $50 if I cancelled the charge back. They kept upping it, like haggling in a street bazaar, and I just stopped responding at their last offer of $150. Why would I pay for something that doesn’t work and had some defective parts (two pieces had some coating missing or scratched off). They eventually came back and offered a full refund if I removed the charge back. So buyer beware. It’s a shame because I love the rear shelf I got from them, but the half rack sucked.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds like you have the 1/2 rack? Did you have any of the sound reverb back into the cabin? It’s not a rattling, it’s like when you roll down the front window and not the back and you get that pressure reverb going on. I couldn’t get it to stop.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It sounds like you have the 1/2 rack? Did you have any of the sound reverb back into the cabin? It’s not a rattling, it’s like when you roll down the front window and not the back and you get that pressure reverb going on. I couldn’t get it to stop.
Hi - no I didn’t. @PWillette and I had a discussion about this. They had vibrating noises. I have no problem at all: top panels on or off, even at 80 mph.

It may be the BRaptor is such an in-aerodynamic brick the wind flow is different 🤷‍♂️

There’s about 1/2” clearance above the roof, and the bar behind the front wind valance keeps it stiff preventing vibrations.

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_3945
Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_3859

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi - no I didn’t. @PWillette and I had a discussion about this. They had vibrating noises. I have no problem at all: top panels on or off, even at 80 mph.

It may be the BRaptor is such an in-aerodynamic brick the wind flow is different 🤷‍♂️

There’s about 1/2” clearance above the roof, and the bar behind the front wind valance keeps it stiff preventing vibrations.

Oh well of course, it's because it's a Raptor LOL. I saw your post you sent, thanks. I tried removing the front and the rear pieces and it didn't improve. I even tried adding 2 layers of foam between the roof and the feet, still no luck. Glad it worked for you though.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a word of caution when buying from Hooke. Basically once you buy it, you’re stuck with it. I bought a half rack and while it looked great, it produced serious sound waves inside the cabin. I tried everything to fix it. I contacted the Hooke directly and their return policy is “You pay return shipping and there’s a 30% restocking fee”. That would have ran me 1/2 of the cost of the rack!

I decided to have my CC company handle it. I immediately got an email from Hooke telling me they’d credit me back $50 if I cancelled the charge back. They kept upping it, like haggling in a street bazaar, and I just stopped responding at their last offer of $150. Why would I pay for something that doesn’t work and had some defective parts (two pieces had some coating missing or scratched off). They eventually came back and offered a full refund if I removed the charge back. So buyer beware. It’s a shame because I love the rear shelf I got from them, but the half rack sucked.
Tbh I knew I was taking a chance on the purchase. I tried everything to stop the noise, removal was the final result. I'm fine with it. Actually it allows the middle roof panel removal easy w/o it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the half rack and it made such a horrible noise, I took it off and tried to return it. No luck with that so it’s just sitting in my garage now. I imagine if you loaded a few things up there to break up the wind, it may cut down on it. It seriously was so bad, it hurt my kids ears.
Horrible time for a sales pitch, but if anyone in the Northern Virginia area wants it, hit me up.

So I ordered the stuff from other reviews. Seems to be working, just need to figure out how to make the one on the front fairing to look a little less....jank.

Filled in the first two crossbars as they're currently empty - love how professional this looks (don't mind the dirt lol).

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_1096.JPG

This is the other gap filler. Not totally in love, but really does seem to be reducing the noise. Kinda crazy. How can I get rid of these stupid ripples? I cut slits into it, but that didn't work. It's pretty stiff.

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_1099.JPG

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_1103.JPG

I wish I could 3D print something for that gap instead... that'd be perfect!

Finished cross bars. Again, love how this looks.

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_1102.JPG

Links to products:
Front fairing weather seal: https://amzn.to/3pIvGiT
8MM 5M Black (one roll filled 4 slots or 2 crossbars) https://amzn.to/3pJOxKs

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume you have not tried to get the middle panel off?
I've taken the middle panel off many times. If you look at my post when I first got my roof top tent I had the front 3 panels off.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I ordered the stuff from other reviews. Seems to be working, just need to figure out how to make the one on the front fairing to look a little less....jank.

Filled in the first two crossbars as they're currently empty - love how professional this looks (don't mind the dirt lol).

This is the other gap filler. Not totally in love, but really does seem to be reducing the noise. Kinda crazy. How can I get rid of these stupid ripples? I cut slits into it, but that didn't work. It's pretty stiff.

I wish I could 3D print something for that gap instead... that'd be perfect!

Finished cross bars. Again, love how this looks.

Links to products:
Front fairing weather seal: https://amzn.to/3pIvGiT
8MM 5M Black (one roll filled 4 slots or 2 crossbars) https://amzn.to/3pJOxKs
Oh, adding that weather stripping stuff to the cross bars cut down on the noise? Or was it adding the weather seal to the front fairing the did the trip? It does look a lot more finished with it on, that's for sure!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, adding that weather stripping stuff to the cross bars cut down on the noise? Or was it adding the weather seal to the front fairing the did the trip? It does look a lot more finished with it on, that's for sure!
Why does the front look so bad? What was the challenge?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken the middle panel off many times. If you look at my post when I first got my roof top tent I had the front 3 panels off.
That was so April 10th ago. :p
Sponsored