First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two door Broncos have become just a myth.
Ain't that the truth. How hard would it be for Ford to deliver the 2-door with a soft top like they're planning to do with the 4-door peeps? I would take a soft top until 2023. We've seen enough 2-doors with the fastback soft top. Can't those suppliers crank up production on those?

Through all of this, TODAY is the first time I am truly bummed out. I looked the other way on all the issues before today. But this is crap. Looks like some red headed step children just came into a boat load of siblings...
Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like my name says: FUN DELAY. I think I'll change to Fun Delay 23 or can I get a soft top?
I have no problem with that.
Ford's really being weird for a multi-billion dollar company.

Sigh.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may very well be the straw that has me looking at other options. I wanted that body colored mod top. Now, I have to decide to go soft now, live with it, and wait for a parts counter one or look at what else is out there.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you think interest rates in 2022 or 2023 will be in a favorable range- think again.
Second- how many people simply cannot wait another year to get into a reliable vehicle.
In business- it is better to under promise and over deliver. Maybe Ford delights in screwing their loyal customer base over- again and again and again!

Sponsored

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so now an unknown number of the allocations at each dealer intended for reservation conversion orders are going to be eaten up by dealer stock. So even if commodities become available late in the year, some dealers might not have the allocations left to fill an otherwise build-able reservation. That about right?
Yes, that is what pisses me off the most!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
so now an unknown number of the allocations at each dealer intended for reservation conversion orders are going to be eaten up by dealer stock. So even if commodities become available late in the year, some dealers might not have the allocations left to fill an otherwise build-able reservation. That about right?
I very highly doubt that dealer builds will have any affect on allocations. The whole point is that Ford can build more bronco chassis than hard tops, so they either have to slow down on building chassis or send them out as “undesirable” builds to dealers to sell.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds good until you consider the soft top take rate was about 5%
Never painted it as a positive or negative thing. However because of this email, some people are thinking the MIC top is going to cease to exist for MY21. So it is important to note that the majority of tops produced will still be MIC. (At least as things stand now)

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reading comprehension in this thread is painful. Hard tops are still there for MY 22 just not the mod top
Only the carbonized gray MIC hardtop is available for MY22, white, black, color matched and modular tops are not available until 2023. Reading is hard

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For everyone whining and complaining in this thread, just remember that you've got options! :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit A13D92B8-30C2-4BF1-9797-E024A3275A7E
@Bucky Bronco, the chip shortage is affecting Subaru as well. Subaru's U.S. inventory is down to a 9-day supply. Still, you may be able to get a Subbie before the hardtop are resolved.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad I 99'd my Bronco and ordered a Defender, and I'm glad I did it before this email came out because I expect demand may shoot up. Expecting a July build and early September delivery, but even a slight delay is no big deal. I was briefly worried when I read about issues with their aluminum supplier, but that's been sorted out, at least long enough for mine to get built!

Added bonus: If it's not good I can use my Bronco order through '23. Maybe the hybrid will be here by then, or maybe some added tech options... or maybe I never come back. The future is a mystery.

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good times....