Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what's interesting...

If I understand this email - and they are producing dealer units for sale, and presumably are going to allow dealers to in fact sell them..

It coincides with the media embargo being lifted on monday, which you know are going to attract people off the street to go check this out. That could potentially drive sales of non-reservation holders.

Would seem like a smart business play for business but a poor play for those of us that have reserved.

Seems like an assembly line of f***ery
Sponsored

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The email didn’t specifically mention the Wildtrak trim; does anyone know if the 4door WT will be included in this soft top option? Will the price be reduce on our orders if we move from a MIC to soft top?

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has a Manufacturing Plant that will run at full capacity sometime in August. Because of lack of part availability and because of specific customer reservation they can not run the Plant at full capacity unless some customers change their orders. I repeat Map will run at full capacity. YOUR Build minus the MIC TOP will appear at a local Dealership and not in your garage unless you change your reservation order to a soft top. Ford listened to our Forum and added the Mic prep kit to allow full use of the Ford Mic tops amenities and that's a plus for people who want their reservation Bronco built before Dealer stock. Smile and stay positive my Friends.
Umm how does this help Wildtrak orders? WT comes standard with MIC. I can't change it to a soft top. Ford SHOULD build my Wildtrak with a soft top and give me the MIC top for free next year. They can afford it. I figure Ford's profit margin for each Bronco is around $10-$15k.

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not going to read through all 47 pages of this thread so far... but basically this email says "sorry all Wildtrak orders, we're only making a limited number in 2021."

Hey Ford, I can't even change my WT order to a soft top because IT FREAKING COMES STANDARD WITH A HARD TOP!!!

How about making a soft top Wildtrak for me now and sending me a FREE MIC top later?!!! Horrible PR from Ford and top down business decisions.
How do you know it does not include the WT trim; I would guess the same since it was not offered with the soft top. However the email says ALL 4 door orders can be converted to the spot top with the kit; I called my dealer & they are unclear if it applies to the WT trim but have a call scheduled with Ford on Monday to address this question. Maybe we will get lucky but I’m not sure I would change still; the hard tops just look better IMO.

BY the way I’m reading this from back to front & made an earlier post asking if anyone knows if this applies to the WT trim before I spoke to my dealer this morning.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Umm how does this help Wildtrak orders? WT comes standard with MIC. I can't change it to a soft top. Ford SHOULD build my Wildtrak with a soft top and give me the MIC top for free next year. They can afford it. I figure Ford's profit margin for each Bronco is around $10-$15k.
It does not. Good question. :unsure: Maybe with this updated info WT res holders change their order to a Badlands.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know it does not include the WT trim; I would guess the same since it was not offered with the soft top. However the email says ALL 4 door orders can be converted to the spot top with the kit; I called my dealer & they are unclear if it applies to the WT trim but have a call scheduled with Ford on Monday to address this question. Maybe we will get lucky but I’m not sure I would change still; the hard tops just look better IMO.

BY the way I’m reading this from back to front & made an earlier post asking if anyone knows if this applies to the WT trim before I spoke to my dealer this morning.
A price reduction would have to be made for Wildtrak if we're allowed to switch to a soft top. My original plan was to get my WT this fall and buy an aftermarket soft top next year. I like the flexibility of a soft top for spring/summer and the MIC top for fall/winter.

ToriB

Big Bend
First Name
Tori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SEL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally ordered the carbonized gray with the MIC in March. I wonder if that means I’m still on track to get this year? I did order 2.7though.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a dealer near us with a Wildtrak coming in in the next two weeks. So clearly they can build them. They're just sending them out as dealer demos.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t get this mentality at all. You’re fed up with Ford so you went and bought a Ford to show them who’s boss.
Well, as a likely my22 order already (2-door BL w/hi) I am now very glad I went out and bought a my21 Ranger XLT Off Road, and can spend time customizing and playing in the dirt with it. I will see how much I like it and then decide if I want to keep my Bronco order or not. Getting really fed up with Ford's broken BRONCO commitments.

There, fixed it for those who can't read between the lines :)

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I will gladly take delivery with no top at this point. Just deliver my top to the dealer when it’s available and I’ll go pick it up.

Day 2 reservation / early Jan order
BL / MIC / LUX / TOW / 2.7 = Screwed

Told my wife I’m ready to go Jeep 392. She said only if it comes with a Gucci bag in the front. Told her I’m pretty sure that’s an option package!

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the FordPass points are only for early reservation holders for the rest of us it’s just another smack in the face.
My last Ford was a 1963 Galaxie 500 XL. I guess I know why now.
LOL mine was a 1962 my 1st car , never bought another one since even though my in-laws were bigtime Ford ppl.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has a Manufacturing Plant that will run at full capacity sometime in August. Because of lack of part availability and because of specific customer reservation they can not run the Plant at full capacity unless some customers change their orders. I repeat Map will run at full capacity. YOUR Build minus the MIC TOP will appear at a local Dealership and not in your garage unless you change your reservation order to a soft top. Ford listened to our Forum and added the Mic prep kit to allow full use of the Ford Mic tops amenities and that's a plus for people who want their reservation Bronco built before Dealer stock. Smile and stay positive my Friends.
But there is something called a 2-door version only available with a MIC top. So where does that leave 2-door buyers, if they can't as you suggested order without MIC top?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will 2dr first 24 hour reservations get their Bronco in 21? That is all I want to know! Knowing that 2dr 2nd month reservations have already been scheduled tells me the timestamp means nothing!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally reserved a Big Bend but submitted my approval to convert with a Badlands build and price sheet. Granger converted my reservation to an in store order with a “99”. My Ford account shows a Big Bend on a “store order”. I’m taking this to mean my “order” is for a Big Bend. After talking to Granger, they said they will adjust when they submit the order details. Just not sure what this means for price protection. Maybe I’ll stick with the Big Bend. Either way, I want the Bronco and would still be happy with the Big Bend, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen and had an answer.
Hmm, that sounds strange all around. They haven't submitted order details yet? I feel like that should've been done when they converted the order itself.

Im willing to switch the top for now to wait for a more full menu of top options in a couple years ... BUT

I’m unwilling to give up Lux, tow, or 2.7.

So does that make the switch to soft top pretty pointless? Bc I’ll still be waiting and then get a top I could have avoided?
It's truly hard to tell - though lux/tow/2.7 are all limited right now, it sounds like the tops are the biggest hangup above and beyond the others.....but it's still a gamble to us on the outside as to what would hold it up. If I had to guess, if you switched to soft top, you'd probably get it sooner, but who knows.

I'm a little confused. If I ordered the 2-door Base with the standard MIC hard top roof, is that the carbonized gray they are still offering to us?
Correct. Nothing has changed there.

No it’s not. Not a single scheduling email for four weeks. That was not planned. They could continue to schedule just blocking out those two weeks. Something has paused their future scheduling. Not saying it’s anything disastrous but it’s a topic they have failed to address
Yes, since Ford runs ALL the communications and scheduling they've done through you, you'd know everything they do right? Lol.

I am so glad I bought my wife a Tesla and took back the 2020 4Runner and ordered an Airstream Basecamp 20x. The Bronco dream has officially died. Ford should have rolled out the Bronco like every other model like they have for the past 100 years. Obviously they are not capable of innovative design and pre-orders. I am still perplexed that someone at Ford could not use and Excel sheet with autosum feature to calculate the hard tops they would need for number of 2 doors etc. I reserved 7/15/2020; 2dr Badlands with High/Sasquatch/2.7 auto and based on the email it will be produced MY23. Ford should have at least built the 7000 First Editions before any other production model period.
2 doors will still be produced with MIC for '21, and those that didn't get into '21 will be '22s unless you ordered the MOD top. So not sure what your complaint is.

You know what's interesting...

If I understand this email - and they are producing dealer units for sale, and presumably are going to allow dealers to in fact sell them..

It coincides with the media embargo being lifted on monday, which you know are going to attract people off the street to go check this out. That could potentially drive sales of non-reservation holders.

Would seem like a smart business play for business but a poor play for those of us that have reserved.

Seems like an assembly line of f***ery
I think that's more a coincidence. With customers getting their hands on their actual Broncos already, the embargo has to end anyway.

The email didn’t specifically mention the Wildtrak trim; does anyone know if the 4door WT will be included in this soft top option? Will the price be reduce on our orders if we move from a MIC to soft top?
It's a good question, and I'd have to guess since they didn't specifically point out Wildtrak can now do soft top, I'd have to guess it's still not an option.

There's a dealer near us with a Wildtrak coming in in the next two weeks. So clearly they can build them. They're just sending them out as dealer demos.
I don't think they ever said they couldn't build some Wildtraks. It's just that Wildtrak has some of the commodity constrained options standard, so they can't build as many as they have orders for yet.
Sponsored