Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My first thought ~ Ford just saved me $1,900. Now the Wildtrak Four door is below $50k. This is a huge savings. Think about it in terms of accessories. That’s a decent amount of stuff you can buy - camping stove, coolers, or one Filson flannel.
True, but your $50k rig has a crappy faded top that doesn't match anything else on the rig.
Sponsored

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning on getting a black top on my bronco (or white top *fingerscrossed*) so this is a little disappointing for me.

2 things I noted here

1. This seems to be a pretty sweet deal for FE and WT editions. Getting the $$ off and either a second top later or a free MIC top essentially seems really good to me.

2. What about Outer Banks with their color matched tops? will there be a delay on those as well? I don't see how there isn't

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they are this behind the 8 ball, and still need to play catch up on the MY22 orders, this probably means like a solid 12 month wait from when you get the car. Like second half of 2022. Honestly, imagine calling ford to get a black painted top while they are still producing the other 100k reservations, and them saying, yeah, sure, we'll ship it right over. Once the car gets shipped without the black top is sounds like a verrrry long and bumpy road to get your hands on one after the fact.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct me if I am wrong but the way I'm reading it FORD will give me a molded in color { cyber orange } hard top for my 2-door cyber orange FE for FREE. Then by time the modular hard top is avaliable so probably will a soft top option from Bestops for my 2 door :)
I very much believe you are wrong... there is no (... none... zilch... zero... nada) molded in color cyber orange top. The molded in color top is gray

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the minority, but this is ok with me. We haven't been able to decide which of the 3 4 dr BL roofs we wanted, and I favor the soft top. So, we order the soft top, and wait until we can compare the MIC and painted tops in the flesh.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So $1900 off a Wildtrak vs not worrying about having to purchase a hardtop on a BL right away.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is not a bad deal if the $1895 cost is being removed and the $700 cost is not being added. I’m totally cool with that. Now the question is, can the MIC top be painted white? Or black, for that matter? Why not try, if you want? Worst thing that happens is that the top looks like crap and you can take $1895 to the Ford dealer next year and order a black modular top...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2. What about Outer Banks with their color matched tops? will there be a delay on those as well? I don't see how there isn't
THERE ARE NO MOD TOPS FOR ANYONE, PERIOD. Black, white, body colored. They only notified the Wildtrak and FE guys because the car came STANDARD with a black mod top, so they had to reduce the price. We will see in B&P that other trims that had the OPTION of getting a black mod will have a footnote that it is late availability.

Sponsored

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I *literally* wanted the Wildtrak for the black painted hardtop! Now instead of getting that model, I may save myself $10K + $1895 and just get the Black Diamond model. I guess that Ford's lose is our financial gain.

P.S. - I am back to looking at boats to spend my extra savings on

I don't think you get 1875 off *ANY* bronco. I think the MSRP just goes down by 1875 for those 2 models.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1 quart of ppg Deltron and your good to go in any color
No, you're really not. You would still have the texture, unless you also had it sanded down smooth which adds cost. We are also losing the removable windows.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This effectively makes the grey top "free" on a wildtrak/fe. I'm not too torn up about it.
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking! :)
Sponsored