Sponsored

Anyone financing? What rates are you getting?

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like the OP, I always felt financing was the best option, as long as you can do better than the loan interest rate, which has been the case for past years. (Inflation has nothing to do with this, I didn't understand that comment. Car loans are fixed rates.)

Anyway you can't put money to work if you give it away prematurely.

But yes, as the loan rates go up it can be harder to beat the spread, having shares of NVIDIA sure would make the difference, cover the mods too 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is anyone getting much better than 6%? I'm thinking about just writing a check for this one.
My Fidelity account managed over 11% in 2023. But I have a money manager making the decisions, I don't have that skill.

And I paid cash for my Bronco. I don't like owing anybody anything. It gives me peace of mind.

Gratuitous photo of mine out in Middle-of-Nowhere Idaho:
sfSvBTX.jpg

flhxman2014

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 & 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could get this but i'm not a vet nor have any friends/family who are afaik.
We went with Navy Fed and got 4.25% for 60mo, back in June 23. Although we had proof ready for my spouses deceased father, we were never asked to provide it. We just told them what branch he served when asked and that was it. You may get the same treatment.

OP
OP
Ultraswip

Ultraswip

Heritage
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Like the OP, I always felt financing was the best option, as long as you can do better than the loan interest rate, which has been the case for past years. (Inflation has nothing to do with this, I didn't understand that comment. Car loans are fixed rates.)

Anyway you can't put money to work if you give it away prematurely.

But yes, as the loan rates go up it can be harder to beat the spread, having shares of NVIDIA sure would make the difference, cover the mods too 😉
Exactly. By paying cash you're instantly getting the return that would have been your interest rate in the form of cost savings. You lose out on the opportunity cost by no longer having that money invested. But in this case it would be hard to get a return > 6-10% without being super aggressive and risking a loss.

Sponsored

Ryan_SC

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5.69% for 84 months with a local credit union in Dec of 2023. I plan to pay it off within 2 years. The dealership offered 8.5%.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The days of 2% loans are long gone unless it is some sort of manufacturer incentive. That was a once in a lifetime event.
Yeah I got 1.91% through Ford in 2021 on my wildtrak. Then bought a Bronco sport Badlands for my kid in mid 2023 and it was up to 5.7%. Definitely paying that one off first.

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got 6.25%....not that great, but if things get better and rates start to drop, my banks will offer cut your rate in half......that would be nice!

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got the cash? Write the check, enjoy!

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I could get this but i'm not a vet nor have any friends/family who are afaik.
many credit unions will allow you to join if you donate to an affiliated program. I don’t know if Navy Federal has something like that, but you can search the net and see. I did a quick search and it looks like they don’t, but I don’t have a lot of time to spend on it. but I have joined a couple of credit unions over the years that were specific to industries that I’m not even close to a part of, and I just had to make a small donation to their associated charity, and then I was affiliated

Ricktdy

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F-250, 03 Mustang GT, 13 Fusion, 05 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Navy Federal
Ford Bronco Anyone financing? What rates are you getting? sfSvBTX
Navy Fed is what I have been looking at. I have been hoping that Ford does something better since they now are now accepting the X plan on the Bronco.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I miss the good ole days, I got 0% for 60 when I bought my 16 Mustang. Heck even the 4% I got from Ford for my Bronco doesn't seem bad now. of course I paid it off after two payments.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don't have to be a member, you can become one with a $25 fee to one of their "affiliate" organizations. That's the work-around for credit unions. I'm not in the military either, yet bank with Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Check them out too!

You won't get under the Fed rate for a car loan. One way or the other, you'll pay at least that. Might be added fees to make up for the delta, or a slightly higher price from the dealer if buying new and financing with the manufacture. Lender don't last without yield..

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything under 3.5% I'll finance and most likely pay off early. I figure even in a bad year I'm making 3.5% and my cash is better off working for me than Ford.

Now, the best arrangement is if they will allow you to make a large down payment with a rewards credit card without an additional fee that you immediately pay off before the end of the cycle.
Sponsored