Sponsored

Anyone getting a Non-Sasquatched Badlands?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All Jeep rubicons ride on MT tires. Easy for you to go test drive one and see if your MT road noise sensitive.
Rubicons come with ATs (KO2s). MTs are an option.

In any case, the Sasquatch tires don't really look like mud tires.

That would suck. Every marketing material shows the ring on the rim. Even if it is delivered in a box, Ford has given me the impression that the ring is in the package.
They come with rings, yes. But not beadlock rings.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicons come with ATs (KO2s). MTs are an option.

In any case, the Sasquatch tires don't really look like mud tires.

They come with rings, yes. But not beadlock rings.
Its in the fine print on their website.

F608BE6D-98CE-48C6-8ACE-CC4780B510F3.png
I guess I was expecting a footnote after “wheels”. The footnote would have said “additional purchase necessary.” Since there wasn’t a footnote I assumed it was all in the package. I’m new to Ford marketing. Toyota footnotes the hell out their marketing.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking at upgrading from BD to BL because I want the 210 front diff with a manual. I've broken a front end before and it's not a cheap fix, I feel like it's my one 'must have' upgrade.
I think you can option the Dana 210 front on the Black Diamond

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Budget" 4 Door Badlands-Sasquatch Configuration - Using Survey Pricing

Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885

I would love your feedback regarding my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Bad ass big tire look (high ground clearance good!)
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

Thanks for your help!
Consider the 4-door Base/Sasquatch/hardtop for $40,395. It's $10,500 cheaper than the Squatched Badlands. It has automatic included, big tire look and is super capable off road.

I am considering this vs a Badlands or Black Diamond w/o Squatch. My biggest problem with the Base config is lack of color options. 2nd biggest issue is day to day drivability of the 35" tires. A tradeoff for the look we both want. Living in a hot climate, the vinyl seats also worry me, so prefer the cloth on the Base. I am getting the 2.7L. I feel the Base/Squatch with hold a greater percentage of it's value than other versions, but only an opinion.

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhhh ok. I thought everyone was saying the Sasquatch package also changes the lift of the Badlands. That's good to know that it does not, and the difference in height is only from the increased tire size. So the Wildtrak being 1.4 inches taller than Badlands is just due to the tire size difference (from 33 to 35)?
I did the exact math a while ago. There is a 1.4 inch height difference between the Badlands and Wildtrak. Tire height difference is 1.7 inches for a 0.85 inch increase in ride height in the tires. That leaves 0.55 inches in additional height unaccounted for. I have not seen how this .55 inches is accounted for.

I plan on skipping the Sasquatch on the Badlands. If I want a taller tire I'll go with a 285/75R17. It will get the ride height within .3 inches of a factory Badlands without any built in suspension travel limitations. I like the taller skinnier look most of the time as well.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will depend on how the B&P comes out. But with the available information, I don’t see a lot of upside for the Sasquatch Badlands for somebody that is looking to modify the vehicle. I fully plan on having 37” or 38” tires within 5,000 miles on the vehicle - hopefully less if they fit with minor work. Since the Badlands only gets beadlock capable (that I will never use) wheels, 35’s, and slightly increased gear ratio...it just doesn’t seem worth it to me for what you get.
That’s a maybe for me. Either stock badlands or squach with 2.7 black diamond.
Black Diamond/Squatch is about $1500 cheaper than a stock Badlands.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been running available numbers on Black Diamond and Bad Lands. In round numbers they start out at $6100.00 apart. I do not care for fancy electronics or lux packages, but I do go for heavy duty shocks axles, lockers, and fancy full time transfer case. The SL has all that chassis gear standard - the BD gets all the hot rod lockers etc. with the SAS ( except the sway-bar disconnect, but with a tough front locker and an accelerator pedal, why would I be concerned about having all my wheels on the ground ?).
I spend the winter out west on B of Land Management land (can't use the proper initials on the internet anymore), and I go for their cheesy printer maps, so I get in some serious rock climbing because I do not notice the mountain range I need to cross to go where I do not need to go, and just keep on plowing forward. We are in a Class 8 Race Hauler, so my wife also needs to drive the vehicle to Walmart. I do not need or want AT tires fatter than about 270, although I do like 75 or 80 sidewall for some height and bounce protection .
OK, now I am looking at equally specked convertibles, Standard Bad Lands at $1,600. measly dollars over a SAS Black Diamond - that includes whore house LED lights and a useful sway bar disconnect. Remember that the SAS has the big maintenance hungry fake bead lock tires which I do not want.
The tires on the Sasquatch package come mounted like regular tires. They are beadlock 'capable', but don't come beadlocked (is that a verb?). Does this fact not eliminate the maintenance issue you mentioned?

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not cheap and these are still not bead-lock. They are bead-lock capable. If you want the full bead-lock you gotta buy the real rings, not the cosmetic ones that come with the vehicle. Ford has you covered, they sell the rings for the F150 Raptor for $215 each. So, you spend $2500 for tires and rims, and an additional $860 for the rings, and another bucket of dollars for installation. And oh yeah they are most likely illegal on road with actual bead locks, that is why they are not true when you buy the vehicle.

Yeah, Badlands, no squatch, probably Lux, unless adaptive cruise and the sound system are a la carte, then mid. If this is a repeat of info or I am wrong let me know.

Peace

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many threads on this topic. Best info we have gotten so far is that Badlands suspension is the same (or very close) lift height as sasquatch, but has slightly more travel. Therefore the 35s should bolt on fine at curb height...but may rub at full flex. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!
Thats the thing: so much info. Can't keep up. I think 33s will be fine for what I intend to do. And later with more knowledge and experience I'll do some mods, etc.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I was expecting a footnote after “wheels”. The footnote would have said “additional purchase necessary.” Since there wasn’t a footnote I assumed it was all in the package. I’m new to Ford marketing. Toyota footnotes the hell out their marketing.
It's not really a Ford thing. Beadlock wheels aren't something they can put on a factory vehicle due to legality. But they do come with the beauty rings as seen in all the marketing.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond/Squatch is about $1500 cheaper than a stock Badlands.
I have looked at Option pricing from survey email however I will wait for official pricing to decide but will be adding mid trim level as well.

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another BL without Squatch package here. 33” and locking diffs are plenty for my off-roading needs.
R

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Colorado and up above 10,000' often. I'm opting for the Squatch w/2.7 Auto & Lux. The extra horsepower from the 2.7 comes in handy at altitude and I don't mind spending the extra $ for the Squatch and Lux. It's my first vehicle that I've ever ordered from the factory and I have been saving. Now I patiently wait...

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan on wheeling and going to wheeling events I would opt for the squatch. You will be happier you got 35’s especially with the 4 door.
Sponsored