Sponsored

Anyone getting a Non-Sasquatched Badlands?

ewitz

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon, 99 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am leaning towards the Badlands w/o sas because I want the manual and that is as close as you can get to a sas. I also prefer the 33 over the 35 so I am completely fine w/o sas.
I want the Sasquatch, but I can not live with the automatic transmission. I will get the 35's and lift from the factory, so dealership can't say any issues are caused by changes or additions.
Going straight into the woods and going to use it like it was intended.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am leaning towards a Badlands w/out Sasquatch or Black Diamond with. Does anyone know (I'm sure its been brought up before) if it's an easy switch to 35s if the needs arises or will that be a no-go because of gearing, etc? I know nothing. Thanks in advance.
Many threads on this topic. Best info we have gotten so far is that Badlands suspension is the same (or very close) lift height as sasquatch, but has slightly more travel. Therefore the 35s should bolt on fine at curb height...but may rub at full flex. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has been known for soft brake feel for FOREVER .... so it may not be a change for you. LOL
New rotors, pads, and stainless brake lines will be an upgrade I will do as quickly as there is a stainless brake line kit available. Makes an ENORMOUS difference, especially once they start to get warm.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m most likely going to run my Badlands without Squatch until the trails tell me otherwise. By that time the 33s will be worn and the aftermarket will have some great stuff out there. Then I’ll go all-in and be more willing to rough er up with some dings and dents. Although the company I work for owns a 4x4 shop and we’ve talked about pimping my Badlands out on day 1, for marketing, with long travel shocks, 4” lift, and 37s or 40s...

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends.... I might just want all those things just in case I ever need to traverse a mountain. You never know. Like I said, my main issue is determining if the mud tires are going to be somehow bothersome to me (vs 33s). That being said, I'd like to see if the added height is visually apparent (for the Sasquatch lift and the extra tire). If not, then I would just to the 33s.
All Jeep rubicons ride on MT tires. Easy for you to go test drive one and see if your MT road noise sensitive.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many threads on this topic. Best info we have gotten so far is that Badlands suspension is the same (or very close) lift height as sasquatch, but has slightly more travel. Therefore the 35s should bolt on fine at curb height...but may rub at full flex. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!
The disco swaybar is what makes it too flexy for 35's....according to the inside info we had here.
I THOUGHT we had an insider directly tell us that they have to limit the travel on Badsquatch... we assumed an upward limit to keep the tires out of the sheet metal ..... I THOUGHT there was also discussion that Badlands does not get the higher clearance bodywork (flares? sheetmetal?), which adds to the clearance issues.

Another member here had a one on one discussion with one of Fords suspension engineers and he also stated that Badlands suspension IS Sasquatch plus the disco.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The disco swaybar is what makes it too flexy for 35's....according to the inside info we had here.
I THOUGHT we had an insider directly tell us that they have to limit the travel on Badsquatch... we assumed an upward limit to keep the tires out of the sheet metal ..... I THOUGHT there was also discussion that Badlands does not get the higher clearance bodywork (flares? sheetmetal?), which adds to the clearance issues.

Another member here had a one on one discussion with one of Fords suspension engineers and he also stated that Badlands suspension IS Sasquatch plus the disco.
Badlands can be had w/squatch and keep the disco no?

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been running available numbers on Black Diamond and Bad Lands. In round numbers they start out at $6100.00 apart. I do not care for fancy electronics or lux packages, but I do go for heavy duty shocks axles, lockers, and fancy full time transfer case. The SL has all that chassis gear standard - the BD gets all the hot rod lockers etc. with the SAS ( except the sway-bar disconnect, but with a tough front locker and an accelerator pedal, why would I be concerned about having all my wheels on the ground ?).
I spend the winter out west on B of Land Management land (can't use the proper initials on the internet anymore), and I go for their cheesy printer maps, so I get in some serious rock climbing because I do not notice the mountain range I need to cross to go where I do not need to go, and just keep on plowing forward. We are in a Class 8 Race Hauler, so my wife also needs to drive the vehicle to Walmart. I do not need or want AT tires fatter than about 270, although I do like 75 or 80 sidewall for some height and bounce protection .
OK, now I am looking at equally specked convertibles, Standard Bad Lands at $1,600. measly dollars over a SAS Black Diamond - that includes whore house LED lights and a useful sway bar disconnect. Remember that the SAS has the big maintenance hungry fake bead lock tires which I do not want.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Im not mistaken, they’re “beadlock capable“ wheels. You still have to buy the $800 beadlock rings from Ford.
That would suck. Every marketing material shows the ring on the rim. Even if it is delivered in a box, Ford has given me the impression that the ring is in the package.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would suck. Every marketing material shows the ring on the rim. Even if it is delivered in a box, Ford has given me the impression that the ring is in the package.
There is a "beauty ring" which is nonfunctional...and a functional beadlock ring you have to replace it with to make a functional beadlock. The non functional beauty ring is included.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea but then you lose that 2 inch lift right? The only way to get the lift is to go with the Sasquatch. (Unless you go aftermarket I guess)
Find me where it says you get a 2” lift with the sasquatch over a regular badlands. High clearance flares sure, and you lose wheel travel going to 35s. 35s only provide an extra inch of ground clearance.

i DD 35” MT tires on both my f150 and wrangler. With my f150, I drive 70-75mph at 6k’ elevation and average 18.1mpg with the 3.5EB. My truck is quieter than my wife’s grand cherokee with KO2s.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its in the fine print on their website.

F608BE6D-98CE-48C6-8ACE-CC4780B510F3.png

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why are people caught up in the beadlock capable wheels? First you have to buy the beadlocks to put on the beadlock “capable” wheels (Someone said those run about an additional $800). Then the maintenance of all those bolts to keep the beadlock on that you will be responsible for. I would venture to guess 99% of new owners will never need to use beadlocks.

when I go off-road i always air down to at least 18 psi, many times 15 psi. (I had 33” tire and now 35” tires) Some guys I wheel with go even lower. Guess how many time I have seen a tire fall off the rim? Zero Times if you wheel with common sense.

If you think 18psi is a low air pressure that you will never go down to then you do not need bead locks. Bead locks are for sub 10 psi, where it looks pretty much like a flat tire but gives great traction over the rocks because the tire folds over the rock. And the lower in air pressure you go the more clearance you loose but the ride is soooooo much smoother and traction is improved.

For me “bead lock capable“ wheels give me no benefit or a price tag I want or ability I would use.

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Find me where it says you get a 2” lift with the sasquatch over a regular badlands. High clearance flares sure, and you lose wheel travel going to 35s. 35s only provide an extra inch of ground clearance.

i DD 35” MT tires on both my f150 and wrangler. With my f150, I drive 70-75mph at 6k’ elevation and average 18.1mpg with the 3.5EB. My truck is quieter than my wife’s grand cherokee with KO2s.
Ohhhh ok. I thought everyone was saying the Sasquatch package also changes the lift of the Badlands. That's good to know that it does not, and the difference in height is only from the increased tire size. So the Wildtrak being 1.4 inches taller than Badlands is just due to the tire size difference (from 33 to 35)?