Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha glad I am not alone in my affliction. That 6 adds some $$$$. I know to wait for the Bronco but I so loved my Defender test drive. I barely made it out of the dealership without telling the dealer to take my money. Weird thing is I am now 50 and almost an empty nester and the Defender fits me better than the Bronco. I almost feel like the Bronco styling is directed more towards the 30 and under crowd, where the Defender is 40 and up.
i’m gunna test drive one soon. I won’t buy another car for myself anytime soon since we’re getting the bronco for my wife. but maybe some time down the road once we have it paid off I may lean towards a defender. such a polarizing look.
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Theres a Defender 110 SE review in the Nov. C&D. I like the 8200lb tow capacity, but the as tested price is $82k, weighs 5773lbs, rolling start 5-60 in 7 seconds. I think a non-sasqautch 4 door OB Bronco 2.7 with some engine mods will be lighter and faster, and much more reliable. Only real advantage for the Defender is tow capacity, which is a huge difference, but maybe I can make the Bronco's 3500lbs work. The Bronco will also be about $30k less.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Theres a Defender 110 SE review in the Nov. C&D. I like the 8200lb tow capacity, but the as tested price is $82k, weighs 5773lbs, rolling start 5-60 in 7 seconds. I think a non-sasqautch 4 door OB Bronco 2.7 with some engine mods will be lighter and faster, and much more reliable. Only real advantage for the Defender is tow capacity, which is a huge difference, but maybe I can make the Bronco's 3500lbs work. The Bronco will also be about $30k less.
i am in the same boat.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well having had a Land Rover before which has sworn me off anything British built, I would be a hard no.

They say 9 out of 10 Land Rovers are still on the road.....The other one made it home.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I gotta stick with the Bronco. Nobody else has one. Had chances to get something else over the years but nothing appealed to me. Ford announced the Bronco release, I was all over it.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do the doors come off?

Does the roof come off?

Nope

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Prefer the Bronco. The Defender might be in the picture if towing capacity is very important. Otherwise the Bronco is better off road and easier and cheaper to outfit. I am talking about the USA. Other countries will be different.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you're worried about the bronco and the glitches in B&P and it being a new vehicle - I can assure anything in the rover family will see tenfold the problems. My wife worked for them up until a few months ago and her co workers on the sales and service side steered her away from getting one - we were looking at a Range Rover Sport. Way too many vehicles being lemon law problems.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say the white steelies are fantastic.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife drives a Land rover velar its a little different than defender but they have all kinds of software issues and honesty I hate driving it when I do. Bronco all the way! Its just different! No comparison
Sponsored