Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish there was an extended wheelbase 2 door.... maybe another 8 inches. It would look similar but have some extra cargo space. win win.
Kinda like my '06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The best of both worlds!
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy 4 door owner here. Get the 2 door. I would get 4 door again for my needs (3 passengers often). But when I sit in my buddys 2 door, I am reminded of the bigger (longer) front doors and front passenger space, and the space behind the front seats, if all used for cargo, is close enough to what you have with the 4 door, if you don’t actually need the DOORS, get the 2 door.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? tw-doors

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I chose the 2dr. I can honestly say I just could not buy the Bronco in a 4dr. We decided to also get a Bronco Sport, that I can see with 4 doors. Also, don’t knock the sport until you try it. Our little Badlands does just fine and it is a pleasant change every one in a while, but not often. :)

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this sounds familiar, kinda like me on the JLWranglerForums. I've always had 4 doors or a truck, basically XJ, '93 Toyota Pickup (22RE), JK, JL. I wanted to make a 2 door work......just my wife and I, but I have a lot of hobbies that require space (mountain biking, surfing, kiteboarding, foiling, etc.). I test drove a 2 door JL and it just felt too small, I didn't think I could make it work.

Fast forward to my Bronco order coming in, I switched it to a 2 door just because I thought they looked better and more symmetrical than the 4 door Bronco and the 2 door JL. About a week out I wasn't going to take the order, and then I actually spent some time in the 2 door, and honestly.......it fits everything I need it to fit without too much of an issue (even a MTB).

I've had it a week now, and my JL left on a Carvana trailer today.......so........I may end up changing my mind one day, but for now......I love having a 2 door.

Gray_Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Super Duty, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No regrets. I wanted a 2 door all along. No kids, pets. Just me and the open road. Cargo situation can be challenging at first, but you have to be creative with it. As of now, I have no plans to delete the rear seats and work around them. I have the jcr cargo basket and use it for my jackery, large first aid kit, small cases like from step22. Raingler ceiling cargo net for blankets, pillows, solar panel, etc. Builtright industries seat back molle panel for my camera gear, smaller first aid kit, small soft cooler, and other pouches for Misc. Items and roadside tools. I have plenty of space in the rear cargo area with the seats down. Cases for my recovery gear, and camping, luggage bag, and bigger cooler. It all stacks up pretty well. I also have the Yakima rack which I mount my shiftpod and recovery boards, sometimes my Roam case for lightweight camping gear. Like i said, gotta be creative with it. Organization is key. 4 door was built to appeal to the masses. 2 door is far more ideal for offroad scenarios and oh my, oh my, the trail turn assist on the 2 door is freakin awesome! Tight af switchback comin up? No problemo. Only downside, ford isn't making very much 2 doors so it's gonna be a wait. I waited almost 2 years for mine. Absolutely worth the wait. Join the 2 door club!

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have both a 2 door and 4 door. Looks and maneuverability go to the 2 door. The 4 door is more practical and has that extra space. I also have an original 1967 bronco. The 2 door has most of the spirit of the original with the modern amenities. The 4door is a cool mid size SUV. Cant go wrong with either one.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? Bronco Mem

I have no regrets. There is only one Bronco in my opinion and then the mutations. It holds more than I thought and I knew all of the interior dimensions for the longest time.

If you have to have four doors, then make sure you also have another vehicle to handle whatever blight you are afflicted with that necessitates four doors. Otherwise, it won't be a fun vehicle it will be a misshapen minivan.

Four-door owners are those who blow on their coffee first no matter the temperature... just a lesser stock.
***no sh-- this is in jest, tightwads***

Sponsored

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There’s just so many better options out there if you need a vehicle for kids, dogs, luggage, etc.

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 Dr is the only way. Maybe I’m a bit of a purist but the 4dr just doesn’t look right to me. I just don’t get it when I hear it’s more practical. For what?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All I can say is HELL NO! I would never want a 4 door. 4 doors are for baby carseats. No other reason.
Can confirm 4dr is great for car seats and going anywhere with 5 people. I’d consider a 2 door if I could afford to have a spare car sitting around or if all my kids left the nest.
Sponsored