Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Theherofails Tom, great job. You are correct the final integrated solution is pretty slick and looks OEM. There was another member who mounted their compressor under the rear cargo, but they had the quick disconnect routed up through their bumper. While it serves their needs, I dislike the advertisement. Yours is out of sight, out of mind. Well, done.
Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going to install Diff. Breather extension
I am going to install diff. Breather

I am not sur
That's something I'm looking at as well. Even with that done, I wouldn't go much deeper than the 33" fording depth. So many random plugs and wiring looms below this truck. I'm sure they're all water tight, but makes me nervous.

I live in a desert and have crossed water deeper than about 24" maybe.. 2-3 times in the last 10 years? Just not a lot of water around here to play in.
One thing make me nervous with the water crossing is the location of the alternator of the bronco for some reason is very very low... bizard location for offroad vehicule....

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails Tom, great job. You are correct the final integrated solution is pretty slick and looks OEM. There was another member who mounted their compressor under the rear cargo, but they had the quick disconnect routed up through their bumper. While it serves their needs, I dislike the advertisement. Yours is out of sight, out of mind. Well, done.
Thank you! I plan on making an enclosure for it out of 3D printed carbon fiber here shortly to give it a little more protection from the elements, but it's REALLY tucked up and out of the way.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if there is not adequate room below the seats to mount an air compressor, has anyone seen if the plastic insert inside the rear cargo area is removable to free up more space?

What about mounting in void behind the spare? Obviously it would have to be a custom tire mount...

Mount in the swing gate interior side bump out?

Or...hide in a bumper void?

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know we've developed a twin compressor ARB mount right? It fits the 2.3L and once our prototype comes in we'll be modifying it a bit to fit the 2.7L as well
Its not on your web site.
Do you know when it will be out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if there is not adequate room below the seats to mount an air compressor, has anyone seen if the plastic insert inside the rear cargo area is removable to free up more space?

What about mounting in void behind the spare? Obviously it would have to be a custom tire mount...

Mount in the swing gate interior side bump out?

Or...hide in a bumper void?
You could probably make it work below one of the front seats, but it's going to be crowded. Leather seats would give you more room underneath to work with. The forward/back adjustment handle on the manual seats hangs pretty low.

The plastic storage tray comes out with 4 bolts and there is a giant hole below it. You can see the frame and the muffler. Lots of heat shielding so you could probably make a mount and use that spot easy enough. If you do a single compressor, you could wire it all up in the storage cubby. Should fit fine.

In the tailgate, I don't know.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its not on your web site.
Do you know when it will be out?
Our prototype is getting installed tomorrow. Once we verify fitment/etc.. we'll list it on our sie and make an announcement where

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Install done! Took me 3 days.

20211108_142447.jpg
20211108_143501.jpg

This isn't a full tutorial, that would really need to be in video format. LOTS of work to get it this way but totally worth it. I was looking for a 'factory' like solution and this is pretty solid.

Unit is turned on and off at that switch, no upfitter needed. The two round objects are the filtered intakes. I remoted them into the cabin to avoid dust and moisture.

Absolutely zero room under the hood with the 2.7. The mounting location ARB showed is fake, it was resting on the wheel well carpeting. They also really had to risk cracking their coolant overflow tank because the compressor doesn't even fit where they showed it.

After 3 hours of hunting, I found the absolute best spot for it.

I had to drill a bunch of holes through the Bronco, which hurt. These are concealed under the rear floor, so no harm, no foul.
20211106_144359.jpg

Where is it?

20211106_164226.jpg

Safest place it can be. Above the drive shaft and exhaust, under the rear cargo area. 36" above the deck, which just keeps it out of fording depth. Compressor is fully submersible, but I'll never go that deep. There are factory wiring connectors much lower on the frame, so you'll run into issues before this compressor does.

The compressor was mounted with a quarter inch of rubber between the mount and the body of the Bronco, and this DRASTICALLY cuts down on noise and vibration.

If anyone needs help, let me know. I can do a quick pointers video is the demand is there.

Mounting the compressor here means you don't need ~40-60 feet of braided airhose, which is astronomically expensive. You need 2 runs at a half inch for the filter relocation, and 1 run for the air hose outlet.
20211106_151152.jpg

I did have to run wire from the front to rear via the frame, but that was easy. I went with 8AWG to account for the longer distance. Factory is 10 AWG.
Nice work! Like a boat installation in the Bilge, and the main issue there is to make all the wiring connections waterproof, for which i have used waterproof heat-shrink tubing, and if you want Nigel Caulder standards, you can solder all the wiring joints. By the way, where is "that" switch?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could probably make it work below one of the front seats, but it's going to be crowded. Leather seats would give you more room underneath to work with. The forward/back adjustment handle on the manual seats hangs pretty low.

The plastic storage tray comes out with 4 bolts and there is a giant hole below it. You can see the frame and the muffler. Lots of heat shielding so you could probably make a mount and use that spot easy enough. If you do a single compressor, you could wire it all up in the storage cubby. Should fit fine.

I dont see how it would fit under either of my leather front seats.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work! Like a boat installation in the Bilge, and the main issue there is to make all the wiring connections waterproof, for which i have used waterproof heat-shrink tubing, and if you want Nigel Caulder standards, you can solder all the wiring joints. By the way, where is "that" switch?
I used all Solder splice connectors that heat shrink on and form a water tight seal.

Here's an example. This was later covered in the wrap around wiring harness loom like everything else in the photo. The bottom loom is factory and I just followed it along for a bit.

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211108_112628

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. Screenshot_20211108-191816_Chrome

There is the switch. Was my wording unclear or the photos? Either is completely believable - I coast through life as an inept person.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice work - very well thought out and executed! I have a Power tank, but if I didn't, I like this route.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Onorthodox, but I wonder if it could be mounted on the underside of the hood, bolted to the inner liner, above the area where 4wp had it or another location.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Onorthodox, but I wonder if it could be mounted on the underside of the hood, bolted to the inner liner, above the area where 4wp had it or another location.
Very likely. The good dudes designing mounts have some options to work with if you go a bit high in the engine compartment. That was just way too far out of my area of expertise. I can make simple mounts out of aluminum in my shop, but you really need skill for the advanced stuff.

Hanging from the hood could work in a few spots, except I would worry about deforming the hood with heavy off roading.

Over the battery and the fuse box is a good amount of space as well.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used all Solder splice connectors that heat shrink on and form a water tight seal.

Here's an example. This was later covered in the wrap around wiring harness loom like everything else in the photo. The bottom loom is factory and I just followed it along for a bit.

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. Screenshot_20211108-191816_Chrome

There is the switch. Was my wording unclear or the photos? Either is completely believable - I coast through life as an inept person.
I found the switch after looking closer. Thats really nice work you've done! Love the wiring! A little box for water protection, you say . . . .so all the wiring is between the pump and the storage hatch, except the 12v current feed? Is that 8awg feed wire wired to the two installed wiring blocks, or directly to the battery? I'm going to have to investigate your idea . . . Only downside is operational, id have to remove everything from the cargo floor to air up the tires . . .
Sponsored