Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm certainly not going to promote the dealership model as the best sales model (nor am I implying that Teslas methodology works, because it's farcical and horrendous for the end-user), but there's going to be problems with any dealership, of any size, in any part of the country, in any market, submitting X thousand orders for a single model of vehicle for the same model year.

They could be ordering Flex's and it would take years for Ford to deliver enough units to fulfill the orders.

It's a bit self-serving of the B6g community to think that any single dealership would take delivery of that many units given the orders and volume that Bronco generated in a single model year.
I kinda agree, but wasn't @Ford Motor Company committed to delivering vehicles by reservation? It really shouldn't matter where they are sold from if orders are being filled by reservation/order number. Here in Hawaii vehicles are marked up $6K at my dealer and they told me they plan to increase that to $7-10K for the Bronco in the near future. They agreed to only mark up my Bronco by $1900 but by the time I get a build date, who knows if they will still honor that agreement. I agree with you, but Ford needs to do better, but I'm not sure they can at this point.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to break it to you all, but emails and Twitter postings won’t have an effect. Want to really drive home the point concerning our dissatisfaction with this Bronco fiasco? Write an actual letter. I know writing a letter seems like an ancient ritual to most, but letters not only relay information, they also are a physical item that requires effort to handle, read, and reply. If the Bronco public sent letters to Ford Headquarters, and I mean thousands of letters, it would cause Ford to take action. It is a lot harder for CEO’s to ignore massive letter campaigns. From the front line office personnel to the stock holders, letters of a negative nature are not good. Decades ago Mustang nation wrote letters to Ford when it was leaked they were going to call a front wheel drive Euro bean shaped vehicle the Mustang. After the onslaught of letters that questioned both the intelligence,and ancestry of Ford executives, Ford concluded keeping the Mustang as a rear wheel drive car ,and naming the Euro bean vehicle the Probe was a lot better for their company. Massive amounts of negative snail mail gets there attention.

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This a duplicate from the Granger thread I posted --- I also wrote to the writer [email protected] asking him if he'll do a follow up please include the things I mention here: "

Its a start! I would have liked it better if it made more emphasis on how Ford deliberately lied, shafted us, more on how shitty the cheater-dealer car buying process is still alive & well, how they are supporting it, & how it looks so fishy Ford artificially limits supply to drive up cost of the product AND most of all -- how so many are jumping ship & buying Jeeps & other vehicles instead - THATS what needs to be the headline. Sheesh, I don't think I'm ever going to be satisfied!"

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's the link to TheDrive's Facebook post on this. It has only been shared 3 times. We need to pump those numbers up!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I only pop in an out here now, since I ordered a M1 (from some tiny dealer in a tiny town in Iowa none the less....)

Am I to assume that the nameless dealer here is one in the same?

So I haven't been following everything, but I have seen that many dealers it turns out placed fake orders, to get some for dealer stock (we have two in stock locally for sale), they are telling reservation holders "hey, here's an ADM for 'ya!" at the last minute, and now, Ford has rearranged the allocation schedule, likely to appease their biggest overall dealers (think LA, DC, NYC, etc) vs a few small dealers who opted to go for many low profit sales over a few big profit sales, right?

That's messed up. I think regardless, customer orders should always have priority, regardless of 'allocation' rules. And dealers found to be placing fake customer orders should be punished likewise.

I hope y'all get y'all's broncos soon. I have yet to see one on the road. I am headed up to Iowa late next month to get my car, after an almost 6 month wait.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WELL PLAYED, ALL.

Now we just need Netflix to do a documentary on the Bronco fiasco, kinda like their Fyre Festival doc (which is very good, BTW).

1634084685134.png
It’s already under development at Netflix… it’s called “Squid Game (PG-13)”.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the couple of Ford apologists popped in to tell us how wrong we are and Ford are the good guys in this?
I mean, I don't FULLY blame Ford for the delays (ok, on the top issue...yeah....on relying on Chinese manufacturing of critical components...yeah....on bad communication....yeah....) But on the allocation change? W.T.F.F. IS THAT B.S. FORD?

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a bit self-serving of the B6g community to think that any single dealership would take delivery of that many units given the orders and volume that Bronco generated in a single model year.
Quite frankly, I'm indifferent if Granger gets 10,000 Broncos, or only one, as long as its mine. Ford told me to put in a reservation with the dealer of my choosing and it would be built before stock units. Being patient, I found one that offered it to me below MSRP. All I want is Ford to honor their commitment. This is not on Granger, this is on FORD. If this means that Ford delivers MY Bronco to another dealer or to me directly at the price point I accepted when I submitted my reservation, then fine. But Ford should not expect me to get on the phone and call all 3100 Ford dealers in the country to see what deals I can find because of their refusal to meet their commitments to me.